Sponsored

Depressing Thread: How many have their GT350 tucked away for winter?

Comfort

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 GT350R base,18 GT350R
Hey folks,
I started this thread on the recommendations for winter storage as described in the manual.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65423
There are others if you search for winter...
A couple of things...
If storing, either pull the battery and store it in a heated location or keep it in and hook up a battery tender- Iā€™ve had good luck with a hardwired CTEK 3300.
Also, read up on pros and cons of starting a car in storage. After looking into it, I decided not to start it until I take it out of storage.
Following.... Iā€™m looking for long term storage options/suggestions, even personal but not specified in the manual.
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
Iā€™d give someone elseā€™s left nut for a heated garage...

Yup, and the best part i was able to keep both of my nuts ! :D

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Following.... Iā€™m looking for long term storage options/suggestions, even personal but not specified in the manual.
Hey [MENTION=31434]Comfort[/MENTION], thatā€™s why I started the thread. Iā€™d read through it and see what
makes sense to you. Google is also a tremendous resource.

I followed the manual. I use ethanol free gas from mid September on. I change out my OEM rims with the MPSSs (put them in the basement where temps are more reasonable) and put my winter tires on. I have an unheated garage and put a ring of dryer sheets around the car and stuff ā€˜em in the tailpipes. I also
put dryer sheets under the hood, in the trunk and fill the tank. Itā€™s hard not to start it but I donā€™t until the salt clears in the Spring

Last edited:

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
In the gas? Iā€™d stay away from additives. Find a place that sells ethanol free 91+ octane. Drive your car to 10 miles to empty (youā€™ll get a warning on the center dash) fill w the non-ethanol, repeat if you want. Youā€™re good to go. Sta-ble and others additives have ethanol.

https://www.pure-gas.org/
Startron.....stuff actually works.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
A bit early for sure. I dont see nap time coming until after Thanksgiving in the Chicago area. Even then we can get a few drives in throghout the winter months.
Yeah, how about December 2014. We had a weeks worth of 60's. A few days after this picture all the snow was gone, roads were dry and salt free and I was out bombing around.
WP_20150110_001.jpg

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Hey [MENTION=31434]Comfort[/MENTION], thatā€™s why I started the thread. Iā€™d read through it and see what
makes sense to you. Google is also a tremendous resource.

I followed the manual. I use ethanol free gas from mid September on. I change out my OEM rims with the MPSSs (put them in the basement where temps are more reasonable) and put my winter tires on. I have an unheated garage and put a ring of dryer sheets around the car and stuff ā€˜em in the tailpipes. I also
put dryer sheets under the hood, in the trunk and fill the tank. Itā€™s hard not to start it but I donā€™t until the salt clears in the Spring
I've got two heated garages. Ones attached to the house the others separate. The house garage houses the daily drivers and I keep it at 60 degrees. The other is heated and air conditioned and houses the toys. That one stays at 65 in winter and 74 in summer. I listen to music, drink beer and stare at my stuff out there, so besides the cars and motorcycles being comfortable I have to be also.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I've got two heated garages. Ones attached to the house the others separate. The house garage houses the daily drivers and I keep it at 60 degrees. The other is heated and air conditioned and houses the toys. That one stays at 65 in winter and 74 in summer. I listen to music, drink beer and stare at my stuff out there, so besides the cars and motorcycles being comfortable I have to be also.
Nice..I too go out and stare at the GT350 but I freeze my ass off. Sounds like you have a great setup...

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Nice..I too go out and stare at the GT350 but I freeze my ass off. Sounds like you have a great setup...
It's nothing fancy. When I bought the place four years ago, I planned to fancy up the separate garage. Floor, cabinets, car stuff all over. The previous owner put in some old wood cabinets that smelled mildewy, but they were in good shape structurally. The floor is smooth but has some scratches and stains. I cleaned the cabinets out real good with an odor absorbing product I got from Ace Hardware.

I painted the walls, swept the floor good, put in a decent stereo, a small fridge, a patio table and a couple of comfortable chairs, heat and A/C and called it a day.
WP_20171110_001.jpg

Comfort

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 GT350R base,18 GT350R
I have a fully conditioned shop and planning on storing my 18 350R, which is in transit, long term. Im looking for tips as I normally only put away the toys for 2-3 months and itā€™s not a big deal. As soon as I can get some help from a dealership mistake of improperly installing my splitter which has caused about $2500 damage I will get it back out of my shop. Itā€™s been in there since July 25th when it occurred. Iā€™m used to short storage but long term and the absolute worst customer service from the dealership and Ford, not so much. They are loosing a loyal customer.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
As long as there isn't salt on the roads and above freezing my GT350 will see some action over the winter. Maryland winters can be all over the place.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It snowed at least an inch today!
Bummer. Did it stick, or just melt right off? We've had enough below freezing days that snow might stick at this point, but last week when it snowed all day none of it stayed on the roads.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
We got pelted w a freezing rain/snow mix..Most of it melted but the town put down salt...a deal breaker for me...:thumbdown: :brokenheart: :censored:

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I saw that on WGN news at noon. You guys got lake effect. Out where I live the sun was shining all morning. Cold as a well diggers a$$ at 20'degrees but no snow here. I'm fifty miles west of Chicago.
Sponsored