Sponsored

Delivered with front end damage.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Thats a shame, hopefully you will get that corrected without any pushback.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just FYI, that color is very difficult to match since you have to get the concentration of metallic flakes in the paint precisely right in addition to the shade of the paint. If you want to get this done properly, you need to find a top notch body shop and have the dealer pay them for the work. If you have an exotics dealer nearby, find out where they send their cars for body work. My current car (similar metallic color) was keyed and I had to get both sides (front to back) repainted. It came out perfect. Even the appraisers at Carmax did not make any comments about the paint, so it can be done. Just have to find the right place.

If this happened to my order, I would refuse to take delivery and have them or another dealer (if they refuse) order a new car.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yikes.

Matching paint in the event of a mishap has been in the back of my mind since ordering Magnetic.

Almost makes me want to switch to ingot before it's too late...

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
You just need a new shop. I use to do this for a living and gave up on painting because I was not good at it. I could do an all over paint job as good as the best in the industry. But when it came to matching metallic paints, my work looked like yours, and I knew I didn't want a career of pissing people off. The guy that replaced me (I moved over to bodywork only) could mix/match and shade paint in his sleep.
No excuse for this other than an inexperienced painter. he might have the metallic as called for, but the wrong pressure at the gun. It does make a big difference.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
I'm really surprised they didn't blend it. Putting different panels together like that with different paint is not going to match.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
There should be no issue matching that color. They need to bump up the pressure to 20 on an hvlp. The flake is missing.

Painting plastic parts always leaves the color off a tad. Yours looks like more of a mica or "metalflake' issue.

The best way to catch a better match would be to cut the end of the discarded bumper off with an air saw and use it for a spray out panel. Then you can snap it up into place to check the color against the vehicle.
bumpers.jpg

Last edited:

rdnbrbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
As i advised earlier i didn't think it would match. Metallic colors are extremely difficult to match. You'll likely need to make a big issue about it at this point to get results you

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
The only body work I had done on my 2007 Redfire Mustang was the hood replaced due to a hail storm. The new hood had a good color match I think but it had quite a bit of orange peel. The factory finish was like a mirror. I know that won't apply to a plastic bumper though....but whenever cars are painted after the fact its never as good as the factory robots. It could be 98 or 99%....

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
I don`t give a sweet rats a@# if your Body Shop has a painter named Picasso, unless he`s painting the entire Vehicle, matching exactly a metallic paint after a Factory finish is simply a crap shoot. A repair is a repair, it ain`t like a Woman putting on and taking off her make up with Cold Creme. On a brand new Vehicle, I wouldn`t except delivery unless it was mid-day, sunny, and I gave it a good walk around. Buyer beware!

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Yikes. Matching paint in the event of a mishap has been in the back of my mind since ordering Magnetic. Almost makes me want to switch to ingot before it's too late...
I agree. Food for thought. Naturally, I wish the OP the best of luck and I hope he finds an advocate that will deliver quality results.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
OK, I joined this forum just to call BS on your dealership. My car was picked up on Nov. 5th. On the 9th my son's friend let his foot off the clutch driving the car into the corner of my garage door opening. (FYI, not kids, these "boys" were returning vets from Afghanistan and the culprit drives a manual trans 2004 GT)
Parts arrived to the body shop as quick as 2014 parts would have. I also needed a new grill, air splitter and a bumper reinforcement behind the cover. $1500 damage. Deep Impact blue and the paint matches perfectly. There should be no issues matching paint these days. Now back in the '80's and into the early '90's I gave up trying to match paint and focused on being a bodyman. I left the paint matching to the guys with a better eye.
And for those with the morbid curiosity...

This is why you don't let other people drive your stang. Did they at least offer to pay for the damages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
This is why you don't let other people drive your stang. Did they at least offer to pay for the damages?
Right? Yikes. That pic just hurts. I hope the perp was at least extremely apologetic. :faint:
Sponsored