Sponsored

Delivered with front end damage.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
I would have refused delivery and just waited for another Vehicle. When stuff like this happens, Area Zone Manager can prioritize a quick Factory replacement that can be bumped to the front of the production line. I`d wait the extra 6 weeks for another.
Sponsored

OP
OP
minicobra

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
I appreciate all your comments and input :thumbsup:

My thought on how this happened.

It was sitting in an area after it was prepped for a couple of hours, and I think that someone backed into it on the lot. I wan't to believe that the guy doing the prep would have said something if it had been delivered that way.
In fact, they brought that guy out to look at it the next day, and of course he said that it was clean when he inspected it. Which could be true or not, might just be wanting to save his job if it was something that he did and not the delivery truck.

Either way, I'm not looking to get any one fired, just want the car to be right.

As far as getting another car ordered, I don't want to wait another couple of months to get another one. I already turned in a lease that just expired, and I've already been waiting a year to get this one. Well, not really a year, just a couple months since the initial order, but you know we've all been waiting a year since the reveal last December :p

They did give me an additional $500 off along with my X-plan pricing, so I feel I got a fair deal.

This dealership doesn't have their own body shop, they use an offsite shop that services all their work. This shop has a pretty good reputation and does a lot of custom cars, etc. So, I'm fairly confident that they would be able to do a good job. Of course like a lot of you have said, it really comes down to the person doing the job, sometimes it comes out great, sometimes not.
They are saying they only need 2 days to get it back to me, and the original factory paint and body warranty still applies.

With that said, and with all of the comments posted on here, I think I will push for the replacement panel. As much as I hate driving it around like that, I'm going to feel much better looking at the front end, knowing that there isn't any body filler, etc, hiding underneath that awesome magnetic paint. Overall, when your paying for a new car, that's what you should get. Something that is damaged and then repaired, is just that.

Unless they want to throw in a FRPP Sport catback, then maybe I'll consider the repair. :p

Thanks again for all the post, I'll update this when I have the full outcome.

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
OK, I joined this forum just to call BS on your dealership. My car was picked up on Nov. 5th. On the 9th my son's friend let his foot off the clutch driving the car into the corner of my garage door opening. (FYI, not kids, these "boys" were returning vets from Afghanistan and the culprit drives a manual trans 2004 GT)
Parts arrived to the body shop as quick as 2014 parts would have. I also needed a new grill, air splitter and a bumper reinforcement behind the cover. $1500 damage. Deep Impact blue and the paint matches perfectly. There should be no issues matching paint these days. Now back in the '80's and into the early '90's I gave up trying to match paint and focused on being a bodyman. I left the paint matching to the guys with a better eye.
And for those with the morbid curiosity...
So you got new parts? Or did they paint and repair?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
The whole front bumper cover is plastic, how are they found to fix it?
SEM and 3M make a two part flexible parts material that adheres and flexes. However on a brand new car the preferred method would be to replace it.

If you did it to your own car and were paying the tab it is acceptable. And in most cases a better option than the aftermarket crap the insurance companies will buy you.

Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I appreciate all your comments and input :thumbsup:

My thought on how this happened.

It was sitting in an area after it was prepped for a couple of hours, and I think that someone backed into it on the lot. I wan't to believe that the guy doing the prep would have said something if it had been delivered that way.
In fact, they brought that guy out to look at it the next day, and of course he said that it was clean when he inspected it. Which could be true or not, might just be wanting to save his job if it was something that he did and not the delivery truck.

Either way, I'm not looking to get any one fired, just want the car to be right.

As far as getting another car ordered, I don't want to wait another couple of months to get another one. I already turned in a lease that just expired, and I've already been waiting a year to get this one. Well, not really a year, just a couple months since the initial order, but you know we've all been waiting a year since the reveal last December :p

They did give me an additional $500 off along with my X-plan pricing, so I feel I got a fair deal.

This dealership doesn't have their own body shop, they use an offsite shop that services all their work. This shop has a pretty good reputation and does a lot of custom cars, etc. So, I'm fairly confident that they would be able to do a good job. Of course like a lot of you have said, it really comes down to the person doing the job, sometimes it comes out great, sometimes not.
They are saying they only need 2 days to get it back to me, and the original factory paint and body warranty still applies.

With that said, and with all of the comments posted on here, I think I will push for the replacement panel. As much as I hate driving it around like that, I'm going to feel much better looking at the front end, knowing that there isn't any body filler, etc, hiding underneath that awesome magnetic paint. Overall, when your paying for a new car, that's what you should get. Something that is damaged and then repaired, is just that.

Unless they want to throw in a FRPP Sport catback, then maybe I'll consider the repair. :p

Thanks again for all the post, I'll update this when I have the full outcome.
Yeah I would push for the new parts as well. Personally it sounds to me like the body shop is the cheapest avenue for them so of course they are going to say it will take a few months to get replacement parts. Good luck!

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Yeah I would push for the new parts as well. Personally it sounds to me like the body shop is the cheapest avenue for them so of course they are going to say it will take a few months to get replacement parts. Good luck!
They would prefer he rejected it. Possible issue with taking delivery though.

Bodyshop and put it on the lot for sale and take the extra profit. It is turning into a zero deal for the dealership as of now.

New bumper painted, nondisclosure. There's an azz for every seat so they put it in the showroom and get retail. Loss now is a profit if he was getting X and 500.00 back.

Then he can wait 2 months for the new one. :confused:

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I bought a Chrysler once with problematic paint blemishes. When I pointed it out the salesperson he went to get some touch up paint and handed it to me. Hard to believe, I know. The lesson I learnt is to refuse to take the car till the dealership has repaired the car

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I would lean on the dealership to get you factory painted replacement parts ASAP. In my experience touch ups and local resprays rarely color match well, fade differently, and sometimes the clear coats wear uneven or even start oxidizing sooner. I know some phenomenal painters but they usually don't work for dealerships as they don't pay enough. Just my two cents but id push for replacements from factory.

Exactly my thoughts, from recent experience.

OP
OP
minicobra

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
Updated first post:

Dealership emailed me today, and after reviewing everything, my pics, emails, etc. They are going to order the parts ;-)
Initially they wanted to just repair it, but after everyones feedback here, and a quick quote from another auto
body shop, overwhelmingly, the answer was to replace.
Thanks guys ;-)

The only thing I just thought of right now, is that Performance package uses a different chin splitter. Not sure if the bumper clip is different or not. The splitter is fine, no damage.
Hopefully they get the right parts on order. I'm assuming they use the VIN# and that will tell them the packages on the car, but since this is a new model, who knows.I think I will shoot them a quick email.

Sponsored

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6
It's not 1982. They can match metallic perfectly and you wouldn't notice it at all.
You'd be surprised how many vehicles get repainted due to scratches and dents from factory.
THOSE UNION WORKERS ARE AT FAULT. I bought a new 2002 ZX2 Focus
and it was made in Mexico and FIT AND FINISH was PERFECT. I bought
a 2007 S Focus that was made in WAYNE MI. It had weld joints that would
CATCH on the RAG I WASHED IT WITH. FIT AND FINISH SUCKED. Non
Union Workers HAVE MORE PRIDE.

OP
OP
minicobra

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
Well guys, I left the car at the dealer all week to get the front bumper cover replaced, just got it back. Disappointment :(

The color doesn't seam to match very well, it's almost as if the new paint has less metallic in it, and it doesn't appear to be as deep or glossy. Seams slightly lighter shade as well.

I'm not a paint expert, but could this just be not having enough coats to build up the metallic flake, or possibly the paint just doesn't have enough in it??
:shrug: (see pics) Fender is original, clip below is newly painted.

I picked the car up at night, so couldn't get any real good pics, these were taken with a 7500k light in my driveway.

On top of it, they washed the car and got a bunch of hard water spots all over it :tsk:

I know I need to take it back to them, but it shouldn't be that difficult to match this magnetic, should it ?

My Dad has a 2013 Sterling gray and he ordered side scoops and mirrors from American Muscle (pre-painted) and those things match spot on.

My concern is that they are going to say they need to spray the hood and the fenders to blend it. If it turns out looking like the front bumper cover now, it's going to look really bad, then the whole car will be screwed up. The magnetic color on the hood is awesome looking.
front-clip-to-fender2.jpg

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
The body shop should be ashamed.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Wow....sorry man. They didn't do a good job at all.

I would also PM FordService on the forum and let them know and see this. Hope they get it fixed the right way for you.
Sponsored