Sponsored

Defending the EB

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I have just had a row with a guy in my Local. I'll set the scene....

Young lad, probably around 20 years old. He's sat at the table behind me and I, as usual am stood at the bar.

All of a sudden I hear, " So, is your Mustang a 5 litre or a shitty little 4 cylinder"? A little surprised by the question I turn around and say "What does it matter, if it's a 4 cylinder or a V8 it's still a Mustang".
"Nah mate" he replies, along with "So you've obviously got the shit one then".

"Actually I have the V8, and the EB is in my RS, only with more power" I reply, only to be told I'm full of shit!! I attempted to tell him that the EB is cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure, cheaper to run and an all round better daily driver, which just landed me with comments suggesting I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm full of shit!!!

WTF, is this really how people view our cars? There's nothing wrong with the EB FFS!!

BTW I asked what he drove... "Corsa" was the reply!! Tosser!!
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Funny story are you still laughing ? I am . Now I wished I would have gotten a GT .. Nahh...

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
lol

its always people that cant afford to buy them that talk down on the EB. or the kids that played forza way too much. They are the same people that say it has to be a manual or its not a muscle car blah blah

kids

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What a c*ntbag, EB and GT are equally good in my book. Guessing his car of choice was probably a chavwagon golf/a3 or sumin similar.

Not even gunna waste my time ranting about this. As you say Nige...Mustang is Mustang, plain n simple EB or super modified, supercharged v8. All equal.

Really aint got time for people like that...

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ahahaha... from EB owners thank you, i love having pricks like this say it to me... granted, i'm soon to be pushing (hopefully) more power than a stock V8, which gives me that bragging right. But, some people deserve a slap... People seem to talk alot with no experience :lol:

23TGrabberBlue

Grabber Blue Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 EcoBoost Grabber Blue
Not had that myself. People generally have nothing but nice things to say about my EB. One old guy I chatted to on holiday called me a "chicken" for not getting a GT, but it was said it with a smile.

Sure, if my pockets had been a bit deeper I probably would have gone for a GT. But since I was going from a FWD car to a RWD car, the EB was an appropriate step up. I will own a MY2015+ GT at some point, probably when they are cheap enough for me to run as a second car.

Frankly, anyone who slags off a complete strangers car doesn't have an opinion worth listening too IMHO.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
If Ford would give the EcoBoost a different name, something like Oldsmobile did with the Ram Rod and Rocket or Buick with it's Fireball and Dauntless.

That would cure the punk problem. "My Mustang has the inline Ram Rod, whats your Corsa got punk?"

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If Ford would give the EcoBoost a different name, something like Oldsmobile did with the Ram Rod and Rocket or Buick with it's Fireball and Dauntless.

That would cure the punk problem. "My Mustang has the inline Ram Rod, whats your Corsa got punk?"
I have to agree... But calling it the "Mustang Fire Breathing Dragon" would go down so well with the eco-treehugger society :headbang:

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
^^ Agree. Eco should not go with anything Mustang, irrelevant of engine.

Just like Brains and Corsa do not go.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Agree. Eco should not go with anything Mustang, irrelevant of engine.

Just like Brains and Corsa do not go.
Just wait until they release a V8 with a turbo and less liter-age or something and call it the Mustang "Ecoboost" V8.... That'll be a fun sight to see :lol:

(If it happens you'll all do what I do and just call it a Turbo-Stang to strangers :lol:!)

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(

Completely agree. Have said this from day one. Any car with eco on it I will loose interest in straight away. I have never purchased a car with the environment or my pocket in mind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
Ferrari's 3.9L twin turbo V8 has just won International Engine of the Year again. These turbo engines are potent.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
(If it happens you'll all do what I do and just call it a Turbo-Stang to strangers :lol:!)
If it's got a GT badge on it then that's what i'd still call it. I don't usually refer to it as a 5-0 or a V8 unless someone specifically asks.

On the OP, the guy drives a Corsa. Regardless of how preposterous it looks I wouldn't slag it off; why would you? Idiots like this guy are just on the noise-up. They're a danger to themselves and everyone around them. Avoid. Feel pity for them from a distance ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If it's got a GT badge on it then that's what i'd still call it. I don't usually refer to it as a 5-0 or a V8 unless someone specifically asks.

On the OP, the guy drives a Corsa. Regardless of how preposterous it looks I wouldn't slag it off; why would you? Idiots like this guy are just on the noise-up. They're a danger to themselves and everyone around them. Avoid. Feel pity for them from a distance ;)
I used to drive a................ :lol::lol::lol: Right the joke writes itself.
Sponsored