Decided to ignore winter….. breaking my mustang out of the garage

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
My hiccup is summer tires. I sold my all seasons. Will get another set of all seasons when these summers are done. I don't like them anyway, a set of DWS 06's should fix that right up :)
I have the DWS06+ on mine and think they are great. I took my car out this past Saturday for a good 90 minute romp and finished it off with a quick coin wash spray. Its back in the garage right now but if the roads stay dry and clear I'm getting her out some more. Man it felt great to fire up the beast!
Sponsored

bobdes368

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium
I'm chomping at the bit to take mine out too, but I don't have a garage so she is covered.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I'm chomping at the bit to take mine out too, but I don't have a garage so she is covered.
Mine was covered while in the garage too. Rolled the cover back, unplugged the battery tender and hit the go button! Easy peasy.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My hiccup is summer tires. I sold my all seasons. Will get another set of all seasons when these summers are done. I don't like them anyway, a set of DWS 06's should fix that right up :)
Had to look those up and the Continentals are considerably cheaper than the Michelins, Alex. If memory serves, (and that's iffy at best, <smile>) I think I have only had one set of Conti's on a truck and I believe they were factory but not certain. I'm gonna guess that you have experience with them? Reviews are pretty positive.
I just put a set of DWS06+ on the wife's rig and can attest to their greatness. Great all-rounder, in snow too.

Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Most people let theirs out. If there’s no salt / snow then so what why not!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Oh yeah, I had the predecessor DWS on my R32 VW, they were a great do all tire. I have personally not had the "06" version but my buddy has a set on his Bullitt and he drives it hard and they hold up really well. The selling point is they truly are an all season tire. Wet weather especially, the ones I had were a little mushy on initial turn in but tightened up significantly when they wear down a little. Just to show how good they are a do all tire, here is a snapshot of me pushing snow with my front bumper in my R32 :) That car was a blast to drive in bad weather LOL
20160124_102354_Original.jpeg
Always loved the VR6 engine, so that has always been my favorite Golf.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Always loved the VR6 engine, so that has always been my favorite Golf.
Absolutely. And the sound is AMAZING. The best sounding 6 cylinder engine I have ever driven. I participated in an event here called Wookies in the Woods, which is a long weekend event at the infamous Tail of the Dragon with all the VR6 howling thru the woods :)

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Absolutely. And the sound is AMAZING. The best sounding 6 cylinder engine I have ever driven. I participated in an event here called Wookies in the Woods, which is a long weekend event at the infamous Tail of the Dragon with all the VR6 howling thru the woods :)
I'm big on induction sound, and that engine sounded great! The exhaust note is probably too raspy for most, but I like that in a 6 cylinder. E46 M3 anyone?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I'm big on induction sound, and that engine sounded great! The exhaust note is probably too raspy for most, but I like that in a 6 cylinder. E46 M3 anyone?

Music to my ears. I miss mine terribly, the MKV was kind of an ugly duckling here in the US, most prefer the MKIV platform mainly because we only got the DSG here and the MKIV was 6 manual only. I love them both. I had mine a couple years and it was awesome :)

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Music to my ears. I miss mine terribly, the MKV was kind of an ugly duckling here in the US, most prefer the MKIV platform mainly because we only got the DSG here and the MKIV was 6 manual only. I love them both. I had mine a couple years and it was awesome :)
See, I like the MK V because it had some personality to the styling compared to the styled-with-a-ruler efforts that followed.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
See, I like the MK V because it had some personality to the styling compared to the styled-with-a-ruler efforts that followed.
Yes me as well, however the later variants they ditched the VR, which was a deal breaker for me. I'm not a turbo 4 cylinder fan. Now turbo (or supercharge) a VR, absolutely :) VW has officially killed the VR altogether here. I had a Passat GT with the 3.6 up til about 2 years ago, it was a great car too.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
here is a snapshot of me pushing snow with my front bumper in my R32
Now THAT was HILARIOUS, Alex! :=)

I did have to jump start it Saturday morning :frown: but after three days of driving battery seems to be charged back up.
Bob, that sure sounds like the experience I had when the battery gave up the ghost. And, since it died on you and she's outside, it is probably a chore to connect a trickle charger. That said, I would absolutely look into an extension cord perhaps from an outdoor receptacle?

There have been MANY folks whose battery completely died on the OEM batteries because the vehicle uses too much current doing all the unknown chores the car thinks it needs to do. I hope yours is OK but mine died even though I WAS hooking it up regularly.

Good choice. CRC Marine anti corrosion spray anything that starts to rust on the underside. I’m on Studded Nokian tires. A++ experience.
I did not know that studded tires were still a thing, thought they had been outlawed everywhere but obviously not.

My mother worked for the president of a rubber company in Akron when I was a kid. One of the bennies for her was free tires for all our vehicles and the two of them had many sets of studded.
So many that they stacked up in the garage. My buddies and I decided to mount them on some junkyard rims and we would go out with multiple sets and do burnouts until we couldn't stand the smell any longer. <grin>

Ive got 6 cans of amsoil anti corrosion spray ready for the underside
Thanks for that, John, now I need to look into Amsoil and CRC for anti-corrosion. No salt or snow here but high humidity and the undercarriage is suffering.

We had roughly 12" of rain within a couple of days recently
DAMN, that's a crap ton of rain, Charles! We get those gully washers down here as well and I think the most precip I have seen in one day is around nine or ten inches and it sure causes problems.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I just put a set of DWS06+ on the wife's rig and can attest to their greatness.
Missed your quote, Dave but good tip on the tires, thanks.

OP
OP
Jxp1962

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Now THAT was HILARIOUS, Alex! :=)

Thanks for that, John, now I need to look into Amsoil and CRC for anti-corrosion. No salt or snow here but high humidity and the undercarriage is suffering.
i started spraying it under my truck - maybe a little late, a few years ago after my transmission lines rotted and leaked, the outside of the truck looked great but the underside showed lots of corrosion starting. I spray about 6 cans every fall now hoping to curb the corrosion. Since i am subjecting the mustang to all the road crud i will stay ahead of it with the amsoil.

Id actually consider some crappy rims and winter tires for winter, but i wouldnt be driving the car in any bad weather, so maybe not needed?
Sponsored