Decided to ignore winter….. breaking my mustang out of the garage

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
i started spraying it under my truck - maybe a little late, a few years ago after my transmission lines rotted and leaked, the outside of the truck looked great but the underside showed lots of corrosion starting. I spray about 6 cans every fall now hoping to curb the corrosion. Since i am subjecting the mustang to all the road crud i will stay ahead of it with the amsoil.

Id actually consider some crappy rims and winter tires for winter, but i wouldnt be driving the car in any bad weather, so maybe not needed?
I did the same for mine for a while. I had my stock wheels with a good set of all seasons on it to swap on in the cold months. But I made the desion to just keep her inside during cold nasty weather and I sold them. I brought mine out this past weekend. Nice sunny days, highs of 60 degrees. It was wonderful to come out in February for sure :) Can't wait til warmer weather for sure, I had mine put up for a month and was having withdrawals LOL.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Id actually consider some crappy rims and winter tires for winter, but i wouldnt be driving the car in any bad weather, so maybe not needed?
Honestly John,I think that if you can tolerate not driving her and keeping her in the garage during the worst of the winter, I think that's a a better idea and, less work than swapping to a second set.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Mines a DD and when it snows it stays covered & parked till the streets are clean and clear of any salt…On those days I’ll drive my truck….fortunately we’ve had more rain then snow and currently there’s no snow cover so my truck sits.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
68 is off for body and paint so garage is temporarily empty. Got the gtcs in before the 8” of snow fell on Tuesday.

IMG_9055.jpeg

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I kept the stock wheels from my 2016 which have Blizzaks on them for winter. Then I have my SVE’s with Extreme Contact Sport on them for spring thru fall.

A Shelby would be a different story for me, I would tuck that away for winter. More because 760hp is a lot on warm, dry pavement let alone snowy pavement. There are guys that drive their Vette’s here all year round, even in a few inches of snow. Any more than that and they’re plowing the snow with their front end 🤣
I had mine out last weekend for a bit. Was 9 degree C and yeah. 750hp is a lot to manage when it’s cold out. She went right back into the garage and back on the tender.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mid sixties here and sunshine. A little windy, I think imma gonna break mine out and go out to dinner later, supposed to rain tomorrow and get colder the weekend.

Edit. Out and about 😁😁

IMG_0367.jpeg

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Out and about
Good photo, Alex, and it grabbed me so I had to tweak it a bit. <BSEG> Removed a bunch of detritus and unwanted distractions then did some color correction and lens blurring. <smile>

alexs-gb50.jpg

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Good photo, Alex, and it grabbed me so I had to tweak it a bit. <BSEG> Removed a bunch of detritus and unwanted distractions then did some color correction and lens blurring. <smile>

alexs-gb50.jpg
I'm definitely not a photo guru. That does look really good.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I'm definitely not a photo guru. That does look really good.
<grinning> I understand, Alex and I'm pretty sure that each of us has something that does it for us and for me, it's digital images. Glad you liked the edit.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I agree with not getting all of that salt sprayed everywhere. I drive it on days when the roads are dry, which are quite a few these past few winters. Enjoy!
Sponsored