Sponsored

Dealer experiences

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Build 11th January (or at least w/c 11/1) seems to be cropping up a fair bit now despite the wide range of order dates, ie. me 22/2 and you 28/5. I sure hope they achieve this for us and its not just another "placeholder" in Vista.
They're built in batches. So the next batch is early January.
Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Its been the opposite for me. I know Big_G might disagree but my dealings with Benfield Ford have been fine. When I asked for information they either gave me the info within a few days or outright told me its not available, which is exactly what I'd expect.

Hell, I was just in the dealership this morning to test-drive their GT (it made my gentleman's undercarriage unapologetically solid) and they gave me a print out of my order. I know my vin, its EDD, its build day, the contract number, the dealer code and so on and so forth.

It seems that once the orders are loaded onto a ship, the dealers are able to FINALLY do their job.

Ford USA are the problem. But the dealer's themselves seem to be doing just fine from my perspective.
Terry has been spot on with me since the paint issue (I know him from my days at Reg Vardy though, and he is the GM). He even printed and fitted my private reg plates for me last night, FOC.
Who's looking after you when Pierre leaves?

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Terry has been spot on with me since the paint issue (I know him from my days at Reg Vardy though, and he is the GM). He even printed and fitted my private reg plates for me last night, FOC.
Who's looking after you when Pierre leaves?
A new lad who started in August called Aiden. He may be new and quite young but he was efficient and attentive, so thus far he's been excellent. He's promised to keep me up to date on any changes to my order, with Terry making Mustang customer's a priority since its a "high value purchase", as he called it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
A new lad who started in August called Aiden. He may be new and quite young but he was efficient and attentive, so thus far he's been excellent. He's promised to keep me up to date on any changes to my order, with Terry making Mustang customer's a priority since its a "high value purchase", as he called it.
Funnily enough all dealers call the mustang a 'High Value Purchase' it's 30k, their Vignale can spec up above that (and needless to say I informed my dealer about the GT which he laughed about!) - Oh and so do my parents '30k on a car is a lot' :doh:

I think each 'Mustang' dealership has one salesperson designated to 'Mustang updates' just some of the other salesmen/women are managing the client (ie you) for the purchase. For a lot of us, we've got the same person (Same dealer who gets the mustang updates).

Can't go wrong with attentive salespeople!

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Popped into mine today to find out what's going on......oh, it's already here is it? Well thank you very much for letting me know.
Unbelievable. I just dont think that 'some' of these guys get what these cars mean to us! They dont appreciate the wait and the yearning we have for them.

Probably didnt let you know as he was worried you would push to get a delivery date rather than him doing it in his own sweet time.

I hope you have a date now!!

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeah that thought did occur to me.

He was full of apologies and excuses, most of which were bullshit as he'd clearly forgotten what he'd told me on a previous phone call! :lie:

Anyways, check it over next thursday (it wasn't actually at the dealer but their compound) and as long it's fine I pick it up friday. Just have to hope the wheels have turned up by then! :headbang:

It will be driven from the dealer to the workshop to have the Eibach springs and rollbars fitted along with the HRE FF01 wheels that are coming from Germany.
Sponsored