Dealer experiences

WaxDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 GT Custom Pack
Hi guys my first post... waiting to collect my 5.0 GT next Thursday from my dealer after waiting nearly 2 nears now (UCL car) :headbang:

How have peoples experiences been so far with their dealers?

Mine hasn't been 'bad' per say but I went in to complete the order at the start of this week and I'm having to wait till Thursday the 10th to collect it... the reason give is that they haven't PDI'd it yet and they don't have any idea on how to fit the UCL number plate in the dash... However I suspect the real reason is that they like having it in the show room and that they want to keep it until their demo cars arrive next week...
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
How have peoples experiences been so far with their dealers?
It's been a pleasure... an absolute joy... said no one on here... ever... ;)

In truth, it's not been that bad for me. The worst thing is that they don't seem that pro-active in seeking out information.

Congrats on your impending collection :thumbsup:

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

In truth, it's not been that bad for me. The worst thing is that they don't seem that pro-active in seeking out information.

Can you imagine, if we was buying thE cars on dealer expertise, knowledge & information.
I don't think Ford would of sold many.
The dealer I originally ordered from #calv is a bit of a petrolhead, I only phoned to enquire ( have bought a few cars from his dealer, but not Calv personally).
And was on phone about 40 minutes.
I'm just saddened I cancelled my order with my dealer and reordered elsewhere, but wasn't dealers fault, was 100 % ford USA.
And no information from Ford UK.
Better but the cork in the scotch now :D

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can you imagine, if we was buying thE cars on dealer expertise, knowledge & information.
I don't think Ford would of sold many.
The dealer I originally ordered from #calv is a bit of a petrolhead, I only phoned to enquire ( have bought a few cars from his dealer, but not Calv personally).
And was on phone about 40 minutes.
I'm just saddened I cancelled my order with my dealer and reordered elsewhere, but wasn't dealers fault, was 100 % ford USA.
And no information from Ford UK.
Better but the cork in the scotch now :D
So you have started from scratch again with a new dealer? I don't think that I could be bothered with that especially as the 4 months I've been waiting have felt like a year.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Really should add that whilst my dealer(s) have been fairly good in providing official info and responding to emails, almost all specifics have come from this forum and the diligent members.

Sponsored

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Really should add that whilst my dealer(s) have been fairly good in providing official info and responding to emails, almost all specifics have come from this forum and the diligent members.
Agreed, the dealers really know nothing about the car or delivery etc. I give them the benefit of the doubt and think Ford haven't been giving them the info but that doesn't stop any interested sales person from finding out. However, turn over of sales people at this level of dealer is high so you may not be dealing with the same person over the process. This may improve as stock arrives but it won't be long until orders are for 2017 delivery like it now is down under.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer has had my car since last Thursday :frusty:@there holding compound and they said it's all the groups cars that are stored there waiting to be checked.Picking it up this morning :cheers:My experience, wouldn't go with a big dealership again.

9111tiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GT RHD & S550 Convertible LHD, 09 Bulli
My Dealership TrustFord Barnsley have been great ( always gave me what info they had, although that was not much at times ).
Once delivered to them, they prepped it and handed it over extremely quickly:cheers:

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
My dealer. Birchwood of Hastings has been bloody brilliant. It has been about the only thing that has kept me sane during the whole process.

Sponsored

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
This... Too true. Haven't learned a thing from the dealer...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I might go against the curve,

My dealer has been excellent:

I'd been emailed to tell me build schedules, build dates etc, he gets a weekly update from Karen regarding cars through his dealership and will update me regarding mine, i'm still yet to get the Window sticker/VIN etc with a Jan build date however from being told (Ordered aug 15) sept 16 delivery, to now being told march 16, I can't complain.

He's offered me opportunities to see the mustangs in the showroom, test drive the 5L, see the customer bought ones from the first shipment into their place etc.

I wouldn't be shooting my dealer any bad looks for this, any errors i personally see are misinformation from ford usa.

I'll update when car is built/on boat/zebrugge/in southampton/at birmingham in another post and share my story once it's came, could all change but having the head of sales rather than some numpty is deffo helping.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its been the opposite for me. I know Big_G might disagree but my dealings with Benfield Ford have been fine. When I asked for information they either gave me the info within a few days or outright told me its not available, which is exactly what I'd expect.

Hell, I was just in the dealership this morning to test-drive their GT (it made my gentleman's undercarriage unapologetically solid) and they gave me a print out of my order. I know my vin, its EDD, its build day, the contract number, the dealer code and so on and so forth.

It seems that once the orders are loaded onto a ship, the dealers are able to FINALLY do their job.

Ford USA are the problem. But the dealer's themselves seem to be doing just fine from my perspective.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I know my vin, its EDD, its build day, the contract number, the dealer code and so on and so forth.
Build 11th January (or at least w/c 11/1) seems to be cropping up a fair bit now despite the wide range of order dates, ie. me 22/2 and you 28/5. I sure hope they achieve this for us and its not just another "placeholder" in Vista.
Sponsored