DD DRL Boards

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 MT Magnetic with OTT Stripes
I just copied the pic Banditvo posted, Stefano. From looking at the light after cutting it, I can't imagine being a bit off from that causing any problems.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
OH ok, I haven't seen the other pics :) Good to know that a bit off is no problem.

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Just araldite. I made up a plate I cut from some plastic about 10mm larger than the cut outs and glued that over the top to hold it secure. I'll bring the cable through the corner of the cut out and put some sealant around that to be sure.

Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
My DD DRL boards arrived in the mail today so thought i'd have a crack at installing them using the hole cut method which seemed safest to me. Credit for Banditvox and Gnome for your tips from the forum. Was a little daunting but it didn't turn out as difficult as I had psyched myself up for.

Pics are pretty average but they might help anyone else thinking about this. Just used blobs of araldite over the pins to fix the boards after jerry rigging up a way to hold them in place while it dried. A kebab skewer worked fine for reaching the pins down the far end. I cleaned up the cuts and a squirt from the air gun cleaned out the dust nicely (after I took the pics). I'll seal it up tomorrow and do some more pics when it's done. Only problem I encountered while testing was a faulty wiring harness from DD. Just crimped a new connector on the end and all was well. Time for a beer.
:cheers:
Thanks for sharing and taking photos.... Its great to see someone else actively sharing this sort of info on the DRL's and it saves me doing it now too :thumbsup:

I have started preparations for blacking my internal chrome and those tacky side reflectors....but of course I had to split to do that.

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
More or less done.

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't these DRLs dim at night when functioning as parkers, and be full brightness during the day? Oddly mine are behaving in the opposite manor. I double and triple checked the wiring to be correct but found swapping the park and DRL wires over solved it which I'm not sure is a proper permanent solution. Some of you also with the current batch might find the same happening...

Cheers
Wes
IMG_3075.JPG

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
More or less done.

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't these DRLs dim at night when functioning as parkers, and be full brightness during the day? Oddly mine are behaving in the opposite manor. I double and triple checked the wiring to be correct but found swapping the park and DRL wires over solved it which I'm not sure is a proper permanent solution. Some of you also with the current batch might find the same happening...

Cheers
Wes
Wes they mention the wiring may be different as they used US colour coding. I suspect you need to switch them out. Could you let us know if that soves the problem please so that we can make the adjustments.

You need to fix as that will attarct unwanted attention.

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
All good Allan,

I currently have the park and DRL wires connected in reverse. Just did it by popping the white and red wires out of the supplied harness and swapping them (before the driver) and it's working as intended. I didn't follow the supplied wire colour coding in case they were different, instead followed the correct wire back from the lights to be sure. Interestingly the drivers side wiring combinations were the same as the DD supplied instructions but passenger side was completely different.

Still unsure if I should disconnect the factory DRL and parking lights or not... Would make the LED kit I purchased from Blingworks a waste...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Still unsure if I should disconnect the factory DRL and parking lights or not... Would make the LED kit I purchased from Blingworks a waste...
Yes disconnect those ugly drl-in-fog lights please!! :headbang:

Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
All good Allan,

I currently have the park and DRL wires connected in reverse. Just did it by popping the white and red wires out of the supplied harness and swapping them (before the driver) and it's working as intended. I didn't follow the supplied wire colour coding in case they were different, instead followed the correct wire back from the lights to be sure. Interestingly the drivers side wiring combinations were the same as the DD supplied instructions but passenger side was completely different.

Thanks for the info Wes. Also, if you want to be ADR compliant you must disconnect the lower DRL's.

Just take globes out maybe? Not sure if that presents an error code on dash though?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
And then, electrical or waterproof tape on both to avoid problems :thumbsup:
Sponsored