papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I believe these should've been standard on all Mustangs.
]
You are absolutely right!!
In my opinion, we should do a class action against ford for forcing us to spend a lot of money only for having a 'standard' mustang :rant:
Sponsored

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
Hi fellow NSW owners - I have found someone who will help you with your DRL installation if you do not want to do it yourself.
https://www.facebook.com/thatheadlightguy/

Please message him for more information.

I was going to get him to look into my DRL Led installation but I will be going overseas soon for a couple of months from next week so I will find him when I get back.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Hi All, I've had my Diode Dynamic DRL's sitting in the Garage for a while. So when the chance came to go to Adelaide for Christmas to visit the Family, I decided to call Jamie from Loudz Creations to see if he could fit me in to get them installed. He obliged and fitted me in on the Boxing Day Holiday. Was a more costly exercise taking the Mustang and not the Commodore, not to mention the 3200k's as well. But what Jamie did in 2 days was nothing short of Amazing. I believe these should've been standard on all Mustangs.

Hi fellow NSW owners - I have found someone who will help you with your DRL installation if you do not want to do it yourself.
https://www.facebook.com/thatheadlightguy/

Please message him for more information.

I was going to get him to look into my DRL Led installation but I will be going overseas soon for a couple of months from next week so I will find him when I get back.
Love the look of that Mick. What process do these guys use to do the conversion. I have been following the ideas of a few people on here and it looks very complicated and expensive.

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Hi Graham. Your right on both aspects. this is a very complicated & expensive exercise. But I did want to get them Done. It involves taking the front off and pulling the headlights apart. Taking the front off is the easy bit as I've already done the Lower Grill.....but there was no way I'd even attempt the pulling apart of the headlights. The rubberised gunk that Ford use to seal the headlights doesn't take too kindly to come off.
Job was done in 2 days (including a public Hol). More than Happy with the outcome. Now looks like a Standard US Mustang.:)

Love the look of that Mick. What process do these guys use to do the conversion. I have been following the ideas of a few people on here and it looks very complicated and expensive.

Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Hi Graham. Your right on both aspects. this is a very complicated & expensive exercise. But I did want to get them Done. It involves taking the front off and pulling the headlights apart. Taking the front off is the easy bit as I've already done the Lower Grill.....but there was no way I'd even attempt the pulling apart of the headlights. The rubberised gunk that Ford use to seal the headlights doesn't take too kindly to come off.
Job was done in 2 days (including a public Hol). More than Happy with the outcome. Now looks like a Standard US Mustang.:)

Looks good Mick. I would say 1 day was simply the time removing and replacing the bumper.

I can split them in one hour each but there is about another hour in correcting some minor distortions of the rear housing assembly back to perfect. The Perma Seal is definitely a bitch if you approach it the wrong way.

Assuming average labour rates of $100ph if you paid around $800 you got a reasonable deal.

Did he actually split them or cut a hole?

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Your right on the money there with the price, and Yes lights were pulled apart.

Looks good Mick. I would say 1 day was simply the time removing and replacing the bumper.

I can split them in one hour each but there is about another hour in correcting some minor distortions of the rear housing assembly back to perfect. The Perma Seal is definitely a bitch if you approach it the wrong way.

Assuming average labour rates of $100ph if you paid around $800 you got a reasonable deal.

Did he actually split them or cut a hole?

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Hi All, I've had my Diode Dynamic DRL's sitting in the Garage for a while. So when the chance came to go to Adelaide for Christmas to visit the Family, I decided to call Jamie from Loudz Creations to see if he could fit me in to get them installed. He obliged and fitted me in on the Boxing Day Holiday. Was a more costly exercise taking the Mustang and not the Commodore, not to mention the 3200k's as well. But what Jamie did in 2 days was nothing short of Amazing. I believe these should've been standard on all Mustangs.

Looking at the video I'm not clear as to whether the tri-bar DRL's turn on at the same time as the standard DRL's as there was a delay. On the lower spoiler was I seeing Fogs or LED DRL's?

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Looking at the video I'm not clear as to whether the tri-bar DRL's turn on at the same time as the standard DRL's as there was a delay. On the lower spoiler was I seeing Fogs or LED DRL's?
Hi Frostee, Not sure about the delay of the DRL's turning on later than the Tri-Bars, wasn't around when he made the video. Yes, they are LED DRL's, whole car is now all LED. Cheers.:)

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Hi Frostee, Not sure about the delay of the DRL's turning on later than the Tri-Bars, wasn't around when he made the video. Yes, they are LED DRL's, whole car is now all LED. Cheers.:)
With the Tri-bar DRL's and the standard ones on the bottom of the front spoiler, I suspect you may be unroadworthy.

I'm not aware of any car that has DRL's split between top and bottom at the front.

Layman advice here - i would look to disable the standard DRL's - maybe just takenthebbulbls out.

Do the DD DRL's disable when your turn indicator is activated? If not, this too may create issues for you with the cops

Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Splitting Headlights - My Heatgun Method

I have had so many requests for my Splitting Headlights info that I have recreated the temporary website again.

Here is the link. Its a free website so no bells and whistles...LOL

Please understand you do this at your own risk. And, if there is one thing I would suggest its...DO NOT TRY THE OVEN METHOD...!!! :thumbsup:

http://allanjonesvip.wix.com/s550headlight

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Great Job Alan, when i read this earlier, that's when I decided to get mine done with Loudz Creations, Lol....;)
Least with these DRL's the car looks the way Ford intended them to Look. But what a Job & what a cost!

I have had so many requests for my Splitting Headlights info that I have recreated the temporary website again.

Here is the link. Its a free website so no bells and whistles...LOL

Please understand you do this at your own risk. And, if there is one thing I would suggest its...DO NOT TRY THE OVEN METHOD...!!! :thumbsup:

http://allanjonesvip.wix.com/s550headlight

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Great Job Alan, when i read this earlier, that's when I decided to get mine done with Loudz Creations, Lol....;)
Least with these DRL's the car looks the way Ford intended them to Look. But what a Job & what a cost!
Cheer Mick. I think its important for people to understand that this is a process that does require a lot of work and will cause damage. With patience, and the right approach the damage can be limited to minor and totally repairable.

Because you cannot avoid the fact that some mid point damage occurs with chanel distortion you could easily crap yourself and panic, resulting in a melt down...lol So its not for the faint hearted...!

But the reward is satisfaction, excitement, and as you say... The Mustang is then how it should be! Looking like a real Mustang!

I am splitting mine to black out the reflector and chrome work... Should look sick!

I am helping one of our members next weekend after this one comming with splitting his. If he agrees we might take a few short vids during the process.

I am also going to pist some photos for the hole method shortly. Mainly how to locate precise cut points.

Mate, I can tell you that the money you paid was truly earnt and probably didnt recover their total time spent. And considering how much a spoiler, exhaust, wheels etc costs, it was comparably money well spent to achieve the right look.

The point made earlier about legalities of maintaining the lower DRL's as well is right as far as I can see in ADR specs. I think you should disconnect the factory DRL's and have only as fogs. It looks better, will make you compliant and is the genuine Mustang look. The beauty of the DD system is it switches back to sequential amber for blinkers and that makes them compliant too.

Kramer82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2017 MT Magnetic with OTT Stripes
My DD DRL boards arrived in the mail today so thought i'd have a crack at installing them using the hole cut method which seemed safest to me. Credit for Banditvox and Gnome for your tips from the forum. Was a little daunting but it didn't turn out as difficult as I had psyched myself up for.

Pics are pretty average but they might help anyone else thinking about this. Just used blobs of araldite over the pins to fix the boards after jerry rigging up a way to hold them in place while it dried. A kebab skewer worked fine for reaching the pins down the far end. I cleaned up the cuts and a squirt from the air gun cleaned out the dust nicely (after I took the pics). I'll seal it up tomorrow and do some more pics when it's done. Only problem I encountered while testing was a faulty wiring harness from DD. Just crimped a new connector on the end and all was well. Time for a beer.
:cheers:
IMG_3021 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3023 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3036 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3043 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3053 - Copy.jpg

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Great pics, very useful!
Someone needs to make a template that others could print and tape onto the lights for a perfect cut.
Sponsored