DD DRL Boards

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Mine just arrived now, hopefully get the time this weekend to drop them in:clap2:
IMG_3055.JPG
Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just refitted the new DD lights from the coloured ones and they really are not that much brighter then the colours on the bright white setting. The only real advantage over these to the colour ones is the dimming for the head lights.
the first photo is the DRL bright and the second is the dimming mode.
And sorry i didn't clean the lenses first before i took the photo and i do have stone dents (chips) on the lenses now bummer :frosty:
Well thats a bit annoying, thought they would be much brighter

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just refitted the new DD lights from the coloured ones and they really are not that much brighter then the colours on the bright white setting. The only real advantage over these to the colour ones is the dimming for the head lights.
And sorry i didn't clean the lenses first before i took the photo and i do have stone dents (chips) on the lenses now bummer :frosty:
Hi John
Did you install from the hole you cut in the bottom as before ?
If so is it possible to show some photos, I have my DD lights and don't want to put them in the oven :eyebulge::eyebulge:

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Mustang GT
Sorry an hour ago i could have i just sealed them all up as i was doing them at work this morning.
i Have some old photos which i will track down and send.
The main one is the cut needs to be 90mm long by only 50mm wide, if you go smaller its way to hard to get the drl boards onto the existing pins.You can go bigger but the less you take out the better.

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry an hour ago i could have i just sealed them all up as i was doing them at work this morning.
i Have some old photos which i will track down and send.
The main one is the cut needs to be 90mm long by only 50mm wide, if you go smaller its way to hard to get the drl boards onto the existing pins.You can go bigger but the less you take out the better.
Thanks for that John, As long as you leave about 20mm around the hole (to seal) how large could you go?. Have you put them back in the Mustang yet just the old photos are a bit blurry :)

Sponsored

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Only 10mm of the side and 10mm back from the front angle the rest doesn't matter.
I haven't put them back in yet just waiting for it to dry and fitting it in between jobs at the moment. Also before any one fits them just check the lights that they work, i all ready have a faulty driver DD are sending a new one.

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Only 10mm of the side and 10mm back from the front angle the rest doesn't matter.
I haven't put them back in yet just waiting for it to dry and fitting it in between jobs at the moment. Also before any one fits them just check the lights that they work, i all ready have a faulty driver DD are sending a new one.
Sorry for asking again But could you take a few shots of where you cut the hole exactly , and how did you go taking out the old ones (I think I remember you glued them in) Thanks in advance

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Hi [MENTION=20412]Banditvox[/MENTION]

Apologies for bothering you.
Quick question.
Are your lights our Aussie spec ones?
If they are, was it difficult to remove the reflector thingymabob?

Regards
Paul

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Hi John
Did you install from the hole you cut in the bottom as before ?
If so is it possible to show some photos, I have my DD lights and don't want to put them in the oven :eyebulge::eyebulge:
Goff, could you post some pictures from the job?
Would be interested also for us on the other half of the world!
Thanks from Belgium :cheers:

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
If you have ordered the DD new bright tri bar leds you should get an email that there is an issue with the drivers. I found a problem yesterday and reported it back to DD so they have issued a recall on the drivers. When the engine starts with these driver it shuts all the lights.

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
The recall is official in our EU section here :

Bad news :(

We have determined that depending on the input voltage levels on some vehicles, the turn signal function may not work when the vehicle is running. Essentially, when the vehicle is running, the microcontroller does not see the right signal to activate the turn signal. Works great when the vehicle is off, but sometimes when it's running, the turn signal just doesn't trigger. We have been able to replicate the problem on our Mustang and are sending replacement driver units immediately to all who have purchased the kit. You will get an email today.

Extremely frustrating, as we have been working with this same driver design and microcontroller for months with no problems. I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting even longer, but you will be up and running very soon. Thanks for your patience.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si if I understand it good, the new 'bright' version is not brighter than the RGBW boards ?

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
On the colour ones you can get the colour very close to a bright white but still has a slight blue colour and it is brighter then the white setting the new ones have a better white colour to them more natural look and do dim, over all they would be a bit brighter but they don't make you go ( woo thats really bright), i would have liked them to have a bit more brightness.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the colour ones you can get the colour very close to a bright white but still has a slight blue colour and it is brighter then the white setting the new ones have a better white colour to them more natural look and do dim, over all they would be a bit brighter but they don't make you go ( woo thats really bright), i would have liked them to have a bit more brightness.
Yes that's what I saw, I have now they 'reviewed' driver with a slight increase in brightness as the first version and if you put the driver in the 'high power' mode, yes the LED's become blue...

Have you measured the light output ? DD said the LED's provide over then 1000 lumens, and this should be very bright... :shrug:

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I have not measured the output but i will do that later. To be honest and this is just my opinion i like the colour lights from DD they really make these cars look great if they were brighter and had the dimming feature for the head lights on they would be great.
Sponsored