DD DRL Boards

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Great concept, but if the car is your daily driver you need to do some planning.
This is true,my car is my daily so im in this exact situation. I'm going to turn it into a short holiday and actually hand deliver my lights then do the tourist thing for a few days while he does the work and then fly back home and fit them up
Sponsored

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
This is true,my car is my daily so im in this exact situation. I'm going to turn it into a short holiday and actually hand deliver my lights then do the tourist thing for a few days while he does the work and then fly back home and fit them up

That is actually not a bad idea.

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
We can all go down together..:cheers:

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Its 550 miles to Melbourne, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark ... and we're wearing sunglasses.........

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
Its 550 miles to Melbourne, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark ... and we're wearing sunglasses.........
Hit it

Sponsored

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Are you the Police?

No mam, were Mustangaholics.:lol:

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
So after almost 6 months of messing around with this idea and a big false start with the OEM boards I bought, my new switchback tribar DRL's are on a big silver budgie flying here from the US. Next step to get them into the headlight. For me the cutting the hole in the bottom of the light will be the method. Does anyone have a picture of exactly where to cut them?

Shane [MENTION=20820]yellowpony[/MENTION] , you mentioned to me if I sent you a picture of the light you could help me out, but I can't take a photo until I get the lights out and if possible would like to know where to cut before I pull them out.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also happy to buy a trashed headlight if some one has one laying around, to be able to look at the insides before I start the job.

spronston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Hi All,

We all know how badly we wants those Tri bar DRL's in our headlights So me and John we both decide to help you all with your headlights modification :thumbsup: and please do not think that we are here to make money we just like to help because our cars should come out of the factory with the DRL's already installed but unfortunately ford did the great job and remove the bloody thing:rant:. So I would like to know how many people in Melbourne wants to go ahead with this lights.

Items you need

DRL boards and around $400 worth of wiring parts and last but not least your car :headbonk:.

If we have enough people one of you can put the order in from DD boards and might get some discount on shipping as well as on the product.

so please register you interest below. Users from Melbourne only unless you want to ship your car to us or drive down to get the lights done its entirely up to you :lol:.

Cheers,
Shane
In VIC, have the LED boards, need help with installation. Happy to leave car in a workshop for a few days.

Sponsored

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
Are there any installers in Sydney? would love a set..:)

Have just ordered a set!
So no one in Sydney could install the DD kit? Just got mine today.
Hopefully when my car come in the next couple of month, I would hope to find out that someone in Sydney can do this.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
So no one in Sydney could install the DD kit? Just got mine today.
Hopefully when my car come in the next couple of month, I would hope to find out that someone in Sydney can do this.
I agree - you would think there would be someone in Sydney who could do it. I do remember some discussion around a guy in Wollongong who was going to do it. I wonder what happened to him?

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
I agree - you would think there would be someone in Sydney who could do it. I do remember some discussion around a guy in Wollongong who was going to do it. I wonder what happened to him?

He is still around.
Come end of month when mine is delivered, I will be have a chat with him

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
He is still around.
Come end of month when mine is delivered, I will be have a chat with him
Ooh nice. Do let us know if he can do this.
Wouldn't mind a nice drive down to Wollongong.

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Mustang GT
I just refitted the new DD lights from the coloured ones and they really are not that much brighter then the colours on the bright white setting. The only real advantage over these to the colour ones is the dimming for the head lights.
the first photo is the DRL bright and the second is the dimming mode.
And sorry i didn't clean the lenses first before i took the photo and i do have stone dents (chips) on the lenses now bummer :frosty:
IMG_3940.jpg
IMG_3939.jpg
Sponsored