WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree Drew, and now that you confirm lower res being posted than original files just makes it a no brainer. They all struggle due to such tiny lense optics so it boils down to how good the processors are. Thinkware have definitely got their shit together and have won me over thanks to your posts :first:
The Street Guardian dual channel set up is expected to be released within a few weeks.

Looking forward to the first looks/reviews.
Sponsored

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Slightly off topic but demonstrates the benefit of any type of visual surveillance. My son parked next to a mate at Castle Towers today, and when they returned to the car park his mate had a tow bar V in the front of his car with no note left
My boy checked his cam and found footage of the incident which clearly showed what had happened. The guilty party just got out of his car looked at the damage, gave a shrug of the shoulders polished his towball and did the dirty.
A Kluger driver will be getting a call from his insurance company in the next few days, that will teach the dirty B%$#^rd.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
A Kluger driver will be getting a call from his insurance company in the next few days, that will teach the dirty B%$#^rd.
Hopefully he'll also be getting a visit from the police and served up with a couple of notices.

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Had mine installed today. Friend's work place did me a solid and did it in under 2 hours and gave me a discount. :D

Front and back installed, cables all hidden and the camera is completely out of sight from the driver's position.

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else having issues with the rear cam having too much internal reflections from the inside of the car during day time making the video practically unusable? The top is fine however the lower part where the number plates are is completely stuffed. Can only make out very general details. Can't see number plates even up close.

Here's an example:

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else having issues with the rear cam having too much internal reflections from the inside of the car during day time making the video practically unusable? The top is fine however the lower part where the number plates are is completely stuffed. Can only make out very general details. Can't see number plates even up close.
Yeah, I have the same thing. The culprit seems to be the reflective qualities of the grey carpet like material used on the parcel shelf. It can be seen in my widely ridiculed video that I have re-posted below.

Was discussing this via email with @CasperGT during the week and we reckon it could be mostly addressed by lining the parcel tray with a cotton based black material.

Also, @ryosaeba , there's a later version of the firmware (v1.00.06) available for download on the Thinkware site.

[ame]

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have the same thing. The culprit seems to be the reflective qualities of the grey carpet like material used on the parcel shelf.

Was discussing this via email with @CasperGT during the week and we reckon it could be mostly addressed by lining the parcel tray with a cotton based black material.

Also, @ryosaeba , there's a later version of the firmware (v1.00.06) available for download on the Thinkware site.
Yeh I was thinking of using some sort of black matte material too. Would be nice if it's hard too. Makes cleaning easier. But will need to be form fitted so it won't be easy. Softmaterial would be easier to make but I think it'll be a pain to clean. Another option is to try a circular polarizer on the lens. I have a few for cameras but might buy a cheap one and cut it to size and mount it on the lens directly. Then turn up brightness to compensate for the filter.

And yeh already updated to 1.00.06 earlier today while playing with the dash cam. :D

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads