ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Mine arrived today. Just wrapped in an eBay bag, but not too damaged anyway.
Now to get a fuse tap and install it!

Thanks for the heads-up guys.
P.S. I broke the seal :p
image.jpg
Sponsored

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Updated my Thinkware F750 firmware to F770 firmware as per the tutorial by StangATX. Now have all F770 options including super night vision and time lapse parking mode.

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Mine arrived today. Just wrapped in an eBay bag, but not too damaged anyway.
Now to get a fuse tap and install it!

Thanks for the heads-up guys.
P.S. I broke the seal :p
My pleasure mate! :D I'm still waiting for mine! How the hell did you get yours before me?! lol

Reactions: ssb

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Mine's here too. Box slightly dented too. But no biggie. Now I have to find an installer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
BlackVue 650 2CH c/wPower magic Pro installed by CarKit Company.
(also installed in my sons' Mondeo XR5T and Lancer VRX)

Good service from their Sydney office and installer who completed the 3 installs in 4 hours.
Would recommend them if you are not game to install yourself.

Sponsored

knaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looking into investing in a dashcam as well - I have been way too paranoid when parking my pony anywhere. With a dashcam, at least I think I'll have a little bit more peace of mind... a little bit :)

I will most likely go ahead with Thinkware, but I like what appears to be a very compact design of Blackvue.

So couple of questions:
- How big F750/770 actually is? If you mount it behind the rear view mirror, does it completely disappear from your vision as a driver?
- Did you install it yourself or did you get it done professionally? If former, how difficult was it? Otherwise, if you don't mind sharing how much did the installation cost you?
- How many hours can Thinkware stay on and keep recording after the engine has been turned off? Is there a risk of completely draining the battery?

Many thanks!

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
Looking into investing in a dashcam as well - I have been way too paranoid when parking my pony anywhere. With a dashcam, at least I think I'll have a little bit more peace of mind... a little bit :)

I will most likely go ahead with Thinkware, but I like what appears to be a very compact design of Blackvue.

So couple of questions:
- How big F750/770 actually is? If you mount it behind the rear view mirror, does it completely disappear from your vision as a driver?
- Did you install it yourself or did you get it done professionally? If former, how difficult was it? Otherwise, if you don't mind sharing how much did the installation cost you?
- How many hours can Thinkware stay on and keep recording after the engine has been turned off? Is there a risk of completely draining the battery?

Many thanks!
i have the 770, i installed it alongside the rain sensor on the passengers side, i dont notice it when driving.
i installed it myself, pretty simple process if you get the right gear before hand, took about 20mins if that. the hardest part is routing the cable for the rear camera and getting rid of the slack which i did in the passengers side rear pillar at the back. althoigh i'm an electrical eng with coming from time on the tools as a normal electrician, so a newbie might take longer, but if i can do it, why can't you?
the thinkware will continually record a time-lapse of 1 frame/second if you set it to while parked, this is what i use and i still get parking activity notices 2-3 days after parking. and you can set the turn off voltage so it won't drain your battery. i think from stock if it drops below 12.3v it turns off.

i looked into both the brands and decided to go with the thinkview due to the better rear camera. otherwise it's pretty much a coin-toss.

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Agree with Azairious, very easy do it yourself install. I have the older F750 updated with F770 firmware. Mine is also mounted behind the rear view mirror on the drivers side, hardly notice it's there. Knaps, not sure where you are situated in Melbourne but you can get all your fuses and fuse taps from swe-check.com.au. Their warehouse is in Sandringham and you can buy over the counter

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I had my 770 professionally installed by a mobile installation guy (because I'm a technical numptie and didn't trust myself).

Was very neat and took him about an hour - cost was around $180 from recollection.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

knaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Agree with Azairious, very easy do it yourself install. I have the older F750 updated with F770 firmware. Mine is also mounted behind the rear view mirror on the drivers side, hardly notice it's there. Knaps, not sure where you are situated in Melbourne but you can get all your fuses and fuse taps from swe-check.com.au. Their warehouse is in Sandringham and you can buy over the counter
Thanks mate, I'll definitely check them out! Which parts would I need exactly? Can you list the part numbers please?

I'm about to pull the trigger on F770, found a really good deal from UK, shipping to AU: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thinkware-F770-Full-HD-Dash-Cam-Front-Rear-Hardwire-32GB-Kit-/401223965336

Cheers! :cheers:

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I have three blackvues in existing cars. Awesome in every respect except that I can say without a doubt the images Imsee posted here from the Thinkware is a superior image quality. I struggle to see number plates from adjacent lanes as they start pixelating and yes I have the settings on the highest resolution.

Also, I note the Thinkware has better wide angle capture and much better light control in changing conditions from what I am seeing on [MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION] posts.

Night capture is also superior.

The Blackvue's are reliable as, and no matter even if stinking hot sun they run all day long but unfortunately they are not as good on detail captures and at teh end of the day, if needed for legal back up you need every bit of detail in the captures that you can get.

So its Thinkware for me!!! Dropping the Blackvieu's.... Sorry guys but you had your time and just dont cut it any more...lol

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

So couple of questions:

Many thanks!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have three blackvues in existing cars. Awesome in every respect except that I can say without a doubt the images Imsee posted here from the Thinkware is a superior image quality. I struggle to see number plates from adjacent lanes as they start pixelating and yes I have the settings on the highest resolution.

Also, I note the Thinkware has better wide angle capture and much better light control in changing conditions from what I am seeing on @Drewbo posts.

Night capture is also superior.
The raw screen captures are better than what you see me post here Allan.

I reduce the size of each pic that I post here which in turn causes the image quality to deteriorate.

In my opinion, the Street Guardian (a single channel system) has a superior image quality - which is understandable given the reduced workload demanded of the processor.

The Thinkware is a solid cam - not perfect, but solid.

Best 2-channel system available I reckon.

:thumbsup:

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
The raw screen captures are better than what you see me post here Allan.

I reduce the size of each pic that I post here which in turn causes the image quality to deteriorate.

In my opinion, the Street Guardian (a single channel system) has a superior image quality - which is understandable given the reduced workload placed on the processor.

The Thinkware is a solid cam - not perfect, but solid.

Best 2-channel system available I reckon.

:thumbsup:
I have to agree Drew, and now that you confirm lower res being posted than original files just makes it a no brainer. They all struggle due to such tiny lense optics so it boils down to how good the processors are. Thinkware have definitely got their shit together and have won me over thanks to your posts :first:

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Thanks mate, I'll definitely check them out! Which parts would I need exactly? Can you list the part numbers please?

I'm about to pull the trigger on F770, found a really good deal from UK, shipping to AU: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thinkware-F770-Full-HD-Dash-Cam-Front-Rear-Hardwire-32GB-Kit-/401223965336

Cheers! :cheers:
Hi Knaps sorry for the late reply. You will need 2xmicro2 fuse taps and a packet of assorted micro2 fuses
http://www.swe-check.com.au/images/series/789.gif
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: