Sponsored

Dashboard light keep auto dimming?!?!?

gonzov17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP, Black, 401a
Hey guys,
Maybe I'm an idiot because I've gone through every menu and manual I can find and I can't seem to find where I can keep the dashboard lights from auto-dimming. It drives me nuts that if I pass under a cloud out of the corner of my eye I see the dashboard lights go dim and then a little while later go bright again. Is there any way of turning that off?

Thanks in advance! (Not sure if I put this in the right forum or not)
Sponsored

Niko Chester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, MT, Race Red
I just ran across that auto dimming feature this morning when I was scrolling though the menu. It's there. I'm not in my car but it's in lighting menu, I think. Use your steering wheel keys to cycle through the menus. I know you'll see it.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
^ really?? i don't think mine has that...

It doesn't bother me really but still lol

OP
OP

gonzov17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I found is the "Auto Lamp Delay" but that doesn't seem to be it. I have it set to "off" but that doesn't seem to work. And the manual doesn't really explain what the heck that is to begin with.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Im pretty sure my f150 only auto dims when the headlights are set to auto.... but then again it is just a POS work truck.

Sponsored

Niko Chester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, MT, Race Red
Here's 2 pics. Either one of these might accomplish what you're after. Not sure though.
Auto Dim 2.jpg
Auto Dim 3.jpg

Last edited:

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Ambient dim = ambient light or MyColor brightness. Auto Dim on the other screenshot is for the screen itself. Never tested to see if it controls gauge brightness.

OP
OP

gonzov17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess Ford forgot to add that particular setting option to my car..... hehehehe
I guess I'll just have to live with the annoyance or just have my daytime running lights on all the time. :doh:
20150108_073527.jpg

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I recently picked my car up and noticed this also. After looking thru the manual and my cars settings doesnt look like there is anyway to disable it which is beyond crazy. When yours gauge auto dims can you brighten them back? Mine wont respond to the brightness up or down?

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
I think the headlamps need to be on to reveal that menu. I recall being frustrated by that when I first got the car, then discovered having the headlamps on changes the menu. Unless I'm getting old and senile...which is possible.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I think the headlamps need to be on to reveal that menu. I recall being frustrated by that when I first got the car, then discovered having the headlamps on changes the menu. Unless I'm getting old and senile...which is possible.
Thanks big time buddy I am not sure if the premium and base have different software on them I can not get the menu order to change at all to show anything but autolap under lighting. I don't know if I am just missing some certain order to do things in or what.
Sponsored