OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
I'm a base without AGS. Never had 200+ and I get 5 mpg If you know what I mean. Just my .02. I would be cautious. Side note, are your oil temps normal as well? Or does your needle sit past 12 o clock often?
I can't recall off the top of my head but I'll be out driving today so I'll monitor and report back Monday. Also thank you everyone for the input. I wouldn't call myself a noob but when I don't understand something I know to ask for help. So thank you everyone
Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Just did about 10 spirited pulls and 4 3rd gears to 120 and I didn't rise above 183. Oil was a hair being 12 o'clock

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just did about 10 spirited pulls and 4 3rd gears to 120 and I didn't rise above 183. Oil was a hair being 12 o'clock
So reporting back. I was out and about sunday doing a few pulls. CHT's were anywhere between 180-208 and fluctuating seemily random within that range. The oil temp at worst went very slightly past the middle mark but never for more than 20 seconds. I track my car when I can so I'm hoping this wont affect my next track day. Might have to take her in just to be sure.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think your ok personally. Could add meth to those cylinders to be safe ;)

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think your ok personally. Could add meth to those cylinders to be safe ;)
I am definitely going meth when I move over to Pro tune and E30 :clap2:
Plus then I can tell people 'oh hey, did you know my car is on meth?' and they'll be like 'oh dear, drugs are bad"

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm picking up my 5 gal VP M1 today, gonna run 100% which yields identical gains to e85. Cannot wait holy crap.

PJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I am definitely going meth when I move over to Pro tune and E30 :clap2:
Plus then I can tell people 'oh hey, did you know my car is on meth?' and they'll be like 'oh dear, drugs are bad"

I got a laugh with the meth comment, it made me think of one that happened to me when I was in high school in the late 80's, we had a guy move in from a large city up north to my small town in Alabama. Back then the only drugs that I had been exposed to at the time was marijuana, exotics were in larger cities. His first day at school I was trying to be nice guessing it was uneasy being somewhere new, he ask me if I new where he could get some Freon, I said well, there are plenty of cars in the parking lot. Little did I know at the time, he was trying to pop the hoods of cars while class was going on and hook a contraption to the fill port of someone's air conditioner to huff the stuff. Last time I spoke to him and he wasn't in town much longer.

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a laugh with the meth comment, it made me think of one that happened to me when I was in high school in the late 80's, we had a guy move in from a large city up north to my small town in Alabama. Back then the only drugs that I had been exposed to at the time was marijuana, exotics were in larger cities. His first day at school I was trying to be nice guessing it was uneasy being somewhere new, he ask me if I new where he could get some Freon, I said well, there are plenty of cars in the parking lot. Little did I know at the time, he was trying to pop the hoods of cars while class was going on and hook a contraption to the fill port of someone's air conditioner to huff the stuff. Last time I spoke to him and he wasn't in town much longer.
Hahaha that's ridiculous. Could you imagine walking out and having someone doing that to your stang? walking out of the store and some dude has a hose hooked to your ac line huffing it.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Mine usually reads 189 degrees or less while cruising, even in 110+ weather with AC on. I'll check to see if it gets higher than that while stopped and idling. I have the PP version.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Mine usually reads 189 degrees or less while cruising, even in 110+ weather with AC on. I'll check to see if it gets higher than that while stopped and idling. I have the PP version.
AC will actually cool it down further. Turns the fans on aiding in cooling the radiator.

Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
your car is fine. If it got too hot the computer would do things to cool it down, like cut power and kick on fans.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Average day on the highway oil temps.
20170621_084401.jpg

OP
OP
Dirty-EB-Chicago

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Just monitored my temps today,

about 67 degree morning.

On freeway it was about a steady 205 at 60-70mph
idle and low gear speeds was from 210-220

I am ford tuned not sure it that raises temps, never really monitored CHT.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Mine went briefly to 193 degrees idling in a hot garage with the AC on after a drive.

AC will actually cool it down further. Turns the fans on aiding in cooling the radiator.
Aside from fans not being able to keep up with the airflow while at cruising speeds, the last thing you want to do in an overheating situation is to turn the AC on as it adds more heat. My charge temp goes up about 5 to 10 degress with AC on even at highway speeds. My co-workers with modified turbo cars (non-EBs) with race style ICs that covers over the radiator can't even use AC during the summer as it'll start to overheat.

If you are starting to overheat, one option to try is to turn heaters on at full blast.
Sponsored