CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I've had mine on over 6 months now and no issues of the mesh coming off.. I did not bend the mesh. be patience and allow the epoxy dry.
I'm in the middle of doing my own one and am finding it a total bitch to bend that mesh.

I noticed you haven't folded the edges over and have only glued along the edge of the plastic. Are you confident that's going to hold because I'd love to be able to do that rather than continue trying to bend it to fit.

Did I mention that stuff is a bitch to bend? :lol:
Like what Marvelous said, allow the epoxy time to dry and you'll be find without bending the mesh. I tried pressing on the mesh and it didn't seem to want to give even the slightest. I did glue in two areas though, I glued on the corner where the edges off the mesh come up and meet the plastic, as well as a line from behind the mesh around the edges. I couldn't imagine trying to bend the mesh to conform to the grille lol.

Awesome news.

Just need to find the right adhesive over here in the UK.

One question though: did you drizzle the stuff on to the plastic and THEN apply the mesh or tie it all down and put the adhesive on after and let it run through?
Will Amazon deliver to the UK?

I definitely tied the mesh down first before I applied the Goop. If I applied it first, it would have started bonding and would have made a mess lol. Just tightly zip tie the mesh to the grille ensuring no areas of the mesh are "Bowing" out and that it is nicely seated up against the grille. Then apply the adhesive.

Is there a reason you didn't get the black mesh and ordered the silver then powdercoated?
They only offer a gloss black finish and I wanted more of a matte black finish.

Looks dynamite!
Good job.
Thanks man! :cheers:

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
damnit i need air.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Argh, this is really making me want to do a set for myself. I'd probably go with standard stainless mesh and then primer/rattle-can paint it something that would complement the Magnetic paint color.

Hell, I could even mask it off and do a couple red stripes to mimic my own stripes, but that might be too much.

OP
OP
CompO5.sl0w

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
WOW, I love it!
Thanks man! :headbang:

Just did mine this afternoon. I used the xxl aluminum wire mesh in gloss black from CCG
Nice! That mesh looks really good as well. Post a pic on the car whenever you get a chance! :cheers:

If only I had the skills ! I'm also in search for a mesh grille
It really wasn't that bad of a DIY if you have a change of heart man. I'm here if you need any help, along with plenty of others here on the forum. If you can cut a straight line, honestly you can do this. I would 110% do this again than fork over $600+ to RaceMesh.

I might have to try this. I think it looks better than the RTR mesh
It's worth a shot man! :cheers:

damnit i need air.
When's it happening? Lol! :D

Argh, this is really making me want to do a set for myself. I'd probably go with standard stainless mesh and then primer/rattle-can paint it something that would complement the Magnetic paint color.

Hell, I could even mask it off and do a couple red stripes to mimic my own stripes, but that might be too much.
That would definitely look different. It would probably have that "Ghost" effect that I think would look really cool.

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Came out flawless!! Looks great brother! No worries about not bending the mesh. It'll hold just fine!

Great work and excellent Writeup!

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I did raw metal and sprayed it with Bed liner and then a top coat of plasti dip.. I didn't want my glossy...wanted it to have a rough look..

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
When's it happening? Lol! :D
when i recover from paying my self employment tax and after i get another roush fascia finally again. then we'll see.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'd buy a set..
Sponsored