Sponsored

Custom front license plate ideas needed

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
My Mach 1 does not have holes drilled in the front bumper and I plan to keep it that way. I have a tow hook for track days and plan on leaving that in the bumper. That leaves me with wondering how I can make or attach a bracket for the front plate, something custom. I have the handling package with the lower lip so that makes it tight. I am still leaning towards going from underneath the splitter and make a custom bracket.

NOT looking to utilize the existing tow hook location or the show 'n go bracket available. Lets see your hear of your ideas.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I would not do anything under the splitter, we HP guys scrape all the time that would be destroyed in no time LOL

I am sure you can make some custom bracket to work from this location

1706653854708.png

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Does your state offer a "fix it" option for a missing front plate stop? I would avoid a front plate if at all possible.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
My Mach 1 does not have holes drilled in the front bumper and I plan to keep it that way. I have a tow hook for track days and plan on leaving that in the bumper. That leaves me with wondering how I can make or attach a bracket for the front plate, something custom. I have the handling package with the lower lip so that makes it tight. I am still leaning towards going from underneath the splitter and make a custom bracket.

NOT looking to utilize the existing tow hook location or the show 'n go bracket available. Lets see your hear of your ideas.
Sly Brackets for the win: Read this. Make sure you read the ending as I finally found the best spot to mount it.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...late-bracket-and-craigs-my-experience.190858/

Sponsored

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Does your state offer a "fix it" option for a missing front plate stop? I would avoid a front plate if at all possible.
In a province actually lol. We must have front plates here. So far I have not received a ticket, but only a matter of time unless I do something.

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Sly bracket is pretty good, best I've seen so far. I am going to be doing some pre-track prep work shortly and will come up with a final decision soon.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sly bracket is pretty good, best I've seen so far. I am going to be doing some pre-track prep work shortly and will come up with a final decision soon.
Look at my post above, it's easily removed for track duty.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sto N Show is an option but will probably scrape. There’s a Craig’s bracket out there that some folks use too. No drilling. I just don’t run a front plate, not sure if that’s an option in BC or if you get a ticket/fine.

Sponsored

Mach1man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 2001 Bullitt Mustang 2001 GT Mustang
Sly Brackets license plate bracket

I've run many miles and track days with this no hole option. Had the Sto N Show before but always came loose with the single scerw holding it in place.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I've run many miles and track days with this no hole option. Had the Sto N Show before but always came loose with the single scerw holding it in place.
That's what happened to my Craig's bracket, it's design is susceptible to that happening. It also has two rubber bumpers that rest against the painted bumper surface. The Sly Bracket worked so much better for me.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

So I take it you had no overheating problems with the Sly bracket blocking some of the radiator? Some were concerned about that when I wrote my install thread that I mentioned above. I mounted mine as far up as I could to not block the air flow. I've had no problem in street driving at all. It can be easily removed quickly if it was a concern on track days.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Mach1man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 2001 Bullitt Mustang 2001 GT Mustang
So I take it you had no overheating problems with the Sly bracket blocking some of the radiator? Some were concerned about that when I wrote my install thread that I mentioned above. I mounted mine as far up as I could to not block the air flow. I've had no problem in street driving at all. It can be easily removed quickly if it was a concern on track days.
no problems with over heating, ran some hot tracks this past summer. Never thought to remove plate
Sponsored