Sponsored

Current Build Week 10/26/2014 aint got no car thread

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Word of advice....If you do not have your car yet and your EDD came and went...

CALL FORD SERVICE.

I just got off the phone and the conversation was a bit like "were showing your car should have been delivered already but instead it hasn't shipped." I was given a case number and was told the error was going to a regional manager and I will hear back on Monday.

Really makes me regret not calling sooner.
FYI, my car went through all that on COTUS. EDD disappeared for 3 weeks. In my case, it meant that Ford had placed a QC hold on the car. COTUS doesn't know about QC holds and Ford didn't tell Ford Customer Service or their dealer about it either. In my case, Ford Customer Service was unable to confirm whether or not my car was being held up due to a QC hold.

Based on my experience, the best way to get info is to go through your dealer and ask them to find out where your car is and if a QC hold has been placed on your car. Your dealer will likely have to call their regional Ford contacts to get the info.

I've learned that, with patience, your car will eventually get here but with QC holds, you won't know when. The QC campaign my car was involved in will end mid-December. So, I at least knew I'd have my car by end of December at the very latest. I don't know what they did with my car during the QC hold, but I can tell you that, based on my inspection on my car yesterday at the dealer, it appears flawless to me. Panel alignment seems perfect. So, maybe it was worth the extra wait to make sure the car arrived in great shape.

Good luck with yours!
Sponsored

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
+1 on everything mustang#16 said. I would add contact transport companies(train/truck) they were a valuable source of reliable info for me. BTW, after being in limbo for a month after production mine also showed up at dealer spotless. I do have a hood alignment issue, everything else is good.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I just called the number in FordService's signature and got put in touch with a woman named Staci.

I was told that the dealer would usually have more information than them, and then I mentioned I had been waiting a long time now, and COTUS had show the car was built a month ago; she told me she would check elsewhere then put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with what I previously posted. I messaged FordService on around November 12th and the told me what COTUS was showing and to check back in a few days but I never did until I called today.
COTUS, Ford service proved to be a non factor in tracking my car. Your dealer is your best resource. From the school of hard knocks...trust me on this one.

zemariacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I have an EB manual transmission built since 10/27 and (still) awaiting shipment. I know my dealer is facing a serious family problem, and feel bad about harassing him with questions about my order :(
I prefer to contact Ford directly. Can someone post what's the best number to reach FORD SERVICE, please?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
guys finally the war is won.... i got my pony todayyyyyyyyyyy

Sponsored

Pokergeneg

POKERGENE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO
FORDSERVICE Phone # 1-800-392-3673. The only thing I can tell
you is keep checking COTUS--when your car is release from Q/C you
will rcvd a new EDD and clock countdown. I ck COTUS at 1215 AM
MI time (3 hrs ahead of Las Vegas) and my new EDD is 12/10 and
a clock countdown of 10 days. My GT Premium Auto CO 401A 50 yrs
pk 3.55 NAV went INTRANSIT 10/29, rcvd MI Railyard 10/31 & stay
there (Q/C????); the day after my EDD 11/20 my EDD/clock count-
down disappeared from COTUS.

t

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
There are no hard and fast rules for COTUS. Ford has always said it was a beta project. My EDD and countdown clock went away over a month ago and never came back. COTUS still has me in transit. I picked up car three days ago.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I guess I was wrong. Got a call today from a man named "Toby" at the regional office..he basically said he didn't know ytf he got this case cause he usually deals with warranty issues.

Anyways, he told me the my GM or dealer owner should know more. I will be headed to the dealer tonight. I better get some good answers or I will be fighting to get my deposit back and finding another dealer to work with. I just hate that I live in a shitty state and only have 2 Ford dealers within 2 hours.

May end up saying screw Ford, all together, and waiting till spring to get a C7 or something. I wasn't bitter about the whole process till now, ridiculous.

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
There are no hard and fast rules for COTUS. Ford has always said it was a beta project. My EDD and countdown clock went away over a month ago and never came back. COTUS still has me in transit. I picked up car three days ago.
bro wat i am happiest is u got ur pony eventually screw cotuus

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
2 days away from EDD.....still no call. Was hoping it would get here on my 8 days off so I could do all my mods on it I have waiting in the garage.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
My EDD updated again... December 31st.

Joy. :frusty:

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
My EDD updated again... December 31st.

Joy. :frusty:
2 days away from EDD.....still no call. Was hoping it would get here on my 8 days off so I could do all my mods on it I have waiting in the garage.
When was your build/blend dates? Just curious.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
The car completed production on Oct 27 -- EDD of Nov 15

It was released from the factory Nov 30.
Sponsored