Sponsored

Curbed my stock 20 inch wheel tire today.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Yeah, the 20" OEMs look really sweet, but they can't seem to handle the slightest curb contact. A couple of mine are scuffed but not enough to get on my nerves at the moment. At some point I may get them fixed. I have a chipped tire, too; thankfully not badly enough to compromise safety. Def not looking forward to replacing these tire$. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Maybe, not sure if anyone is selling 4 20 inch stock rims for under 1000 right now or not.

Wrong wheel but thanks. ;)

I will see if it can be refinished or not. I've tried my hand at some basic sanding/smoothing/polishing of the lips of polished wheels that have gotten curb rashed before and I've never been happy with the results of my work. If I can get a new tire and have the wheel refinished for under $500 then I will go that route. My deductible is $500 for collision which I think is what this will be counted as by State Farm. It didn't touch the paint in the pockets of the 20 inch stock wheel so that helps as it won't need any paint touch up. I will take it in on Friday.
I understand it's the wrong wheel, just posting it for reference. You'll need to do some leg work here yourself. PM them, they are a sponsor on these forums and ask them if they have part number FR3C-1007-EA. Most likely they can help you out. But you HAVE to be willing to put some effort in here.

Depending on how deep the damage is it may be able to be repaired for a few hundred bucks. My wheel damage was about half a inch deep with about 6 inches of cracking and the wheel is also bent slightly, the tire sidewall was also compromised but was not leaking air. It could not be repaired in my case.

I just went through the whole safeguard process, and anyone can PM me if you'd like to hear the story but let's just say the wheel and tire warranty ONLY works if your tire is compromised(leaking air). They will not touch your wheel since it is only cosmetic, which is not covered :)

Bottom line I bought a wheel and new tire for about 600 total and learned several things from this. Number one is be more careful
Sponsored