Sponsored

CPC for FPC?

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just wondering so if this is a stupid question just ignore.
Somewhere in the future at 36,001 miles not on extended warranty the Voodoo craps out for whatever reason and needs to be replaced for beaucoup bucks. Would it be reasonable to consider a 5.2L CPC crate engine as a replacement? Would it be far less expensive? Would it work in this car? Would it be sacrilege?
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I think with the '18's there will be enough spares around.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
That thought has crossed my mind more than once in the past year. You would also need a new computer and wiring harness with the new engine.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I bought the 8yr extended warranty for 800 bucks, I'll let them continue to replace it lol

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I bought the 8yr extended warranty for 800 bucks, I'll let them continue to replace it lol
Who did you purchase the extended warranty from...dealer or from Ford? Can you purchase one after the fact if you've owned the car for a bit over a year? Thanks much.

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
https://www.floodfordesp.com/

The premium is slightly higher after 1 year of ownership I think
It's actually not a bad price. I have 4,300 miles on mine and it's 950 bucks.

The dealership I bought mine from didn't offer me a warranty through Ford, but rather a 7 year one through a 3rd party. I thought this was odd, because they offered me a Ford warranty on my Fiesta.

The next time I'm up there for my recall repair I'm tempted to stop by the finance guy's office and cash it out in exchange for the Ford one. I've never had a bad experience w/a third party provider, but I'd have much more piece of mind with a Ford warranty for sure.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
It's actually not a bad price. I have 4,300 miles on mine and it's 950 bucks.

The dealership I bought mine from didn't offer me a warranty through Ford, but rather a 7 year one through a 3rd party. I thought this was odd, because they offered me a Ford warranty on my Fiesta.

The next time I'm up there for my recall repair I'm tempted to stop by the finance guy's office and cash it out in exchange for the Ford one. I've never had a bad experience w/a third party provider, but I'd have much more piece of mind with a Ford warranty for sure.
Keep in mind, Flood Ford usually has the cheapest price, so if you can't get your dealer to match it, just buy it from Flood.

Sponsored

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Keep in mind, Flood Ford usually has the cheapest price, so if you can't get your dealer to match it, just buy it from Flood.
Agreed but remember dealers don't have to honor it! Ask Ford. That is why I found a new competent dealer that knew the car, can perform the work and WILL HONOR the extended service contract they sell me.

My selling dealer still to this day after 16 months will NOT offer an extended service contract on the gt350. Why? Probably because they know once you deal with their service dept once you will NEVER come back! That is what happened to me and numerous gt350 owners out there.

I found a new dealer who will take care of me. Not the usually car liars in Chicagoans. A small family operation who is performance and support minded.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agreed but remember dealers don't have to honor it! Ask Ford. That is why I found a new competent dealer that knew the car, can perform the work and WILL HONOR the extended service contract they sell me.
What are you talking about, its a Ford extended warranty, if they sell it or someone else sells it, it doesnt change what it is. That is like saying I bought my car out of state and the warranty from that dealer and when I moved the new dealer wouldnt honor it.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I found a new dealer who will take care of me. Not the usually car liars in Chicagoans. A small family operation who is performance and support minded.
Do you mind posting who your new dealer is? I'm also in the area. I had to go to WI to get my GT350 because my local Ford dealer had so few allocations they never even called me back after I asked about the GT350 in person.

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
What are you talking about, its a Ford extended warranty, if they sell it or someone else sells it, it doesnt change what it is. That is like saying I bought my car out of state and the warranty from that dealer and when I moved the new dealer wouldnt honor it.
I wish you were right, but dealers are privately owned and the can decline a cash customer, or one with warranty as well.

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I wish you were right, but dealers are privately owned and the can decline a cash customer, or one with warranty as well.
Yes, my selling dealer said there was no recall even when I showed them the notice. Some dealers don't care. I have a colleague who has a fiesta that was leaking water from the heater core on passenger side interior. That dealer said that was normal and wouldn't fix it. Colleague called Ford corporate and about problem. Ford backed dealer and nothing got done. Colleague brought it to different dealer and got it fixed.

Point is every dealer conducts business differently and Ford does not care.

My dealer that I now go to is Victor Ford in Wauconda. Small family dealership. Good people.

All the Chicagoland big dealers had the answer of what recall. Just scares me how Il-informed most of them are?
Sponsored