Sponsored

Corsa extreme with headers?

BadMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I currently have the Corsa extreme catback. I'm looking to add kooks longtube headers but I am curious how much louder this will make the system. Will this make it any louder while on the highway, cold/warm start up and wide open throttle. Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Will be loud as hell.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Very loud! If that's what you're looking for, great. If not, you may want to change over to the Sport system mufflers (I believe they're called the "Touring" mufflers). I know a lot of people have gone that route once headers have been added. Usually trading some that has a Sport and wants to go Extreme.

Personally, I love the Sport catback systems deeper (less raspy) sound anyway. Ultimately, it's going to be your preference (or your neighbors preference!)

Not the best source but I'm sure there are Youtube videos comparing the different combo's.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Corsa puts that configuration at "Wake the Dead" level.

Very loud! If that's what you're looking for, great. If not, you may want to change over to the Sport system mufflers (I believe they're called the "Touring" mufflers). I know a lot of people have gone that route once headers have been added. Usually trading some that has a Sport and wants to go Extreme.

Personally, I love the Sport catback systems deeper (less raspy) sound anyway. Ultimately, it's going to be your preference (or your neighbors preference!)

Not the best source but I'm sure there are Youtube videos comparing the different combo's.
Is Touring just the Corsa Sport axle back? I never see a Corsa catback Touring, just a Sport.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BadMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Yeah I have watched a few videos also but you know they never do the noise level justice. I am concerned about highway cruise volume.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've got Corsa Sport with BBK 1 3/4 LT and high flow cats. Cold start is VERY loud. Anything over 3k RPM is going to be loud. You can manage it while driving around town keeping the throttle mild, but once you open it up everyone in town will know you're there.

So yeah, those Extremes are going to be nuts. That's specifically why I chose the Sport over them to help keep it toned down. It wasn't enough.:cool:

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I currently have the Corsa extreme catback. I'm looking to add kooks longtube headers but I am curious how much louder this will make the system. Will this make it any louder while on the highway, cold/warm start up and wide open throttle. Thanks for any input!
Quite loud, also quite badass. Falls somewhere inbetween "Dragon Roar" and "F22 take off"

Good combo, let us know if we can help with anything!

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
ever heard a nascar xfinity mustang? it's that loud but the sound will make you wanna have babies though.

at crusing speed though you'll hardly notice it and still doesn't drone.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got Corsa Sport with BBK 1 3/4 LT and high flow cats. Cold start is VERY loud. Anything over 3k RPM is going to be loud. You can manage it while driving around town keeping the throttle mild, but once you open it up everyone in town will know you're there.

So yeah, those Extremes are going to be nuts. That's specifically why I chose the Sport over them to help keep it toned down. It wasn't enough.:cool:
I have the Sport w/ headers and an off road mid-pipe with resonators, and the resonators may get larger once I can put some miles on it in the spring. We'll see.

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If you go with catted long tubes wouldn't it tone it down a bit or will it still be insane?

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If you go with catted long tubes wouldn't it tone it down a bit or will it still be insane?
I'm catted with a Sport. It's loud. The Extreme will be louder. Some have mentioned adding resonators in place of the x-pipe. I think Borla makes something.

I'm not worried about it other than start up. It sounds good in normal driving. Has a growl that lets you know it's not stock, but no drone. Cruising speeds under 3k aren't bad at all. Highway speeds of 70-80 I don't notice it all that much, especially with the windows up. Windows down, it's good to go.

Extreme probably would be a little louder in cruising. Cold starts and spirited driving will be nasty, though.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I have Corsa Extreme with catless SP headers and, just like everyone said here, its loud as hell.

Cold starts are pretty bad, thankfully I start my car around 7:40 PM so I don't wake any neighbors up.

Warm idle is mean. IMO its the best idle a 2011+ GT can have without touching the cams.

Normal city and highway crusing isn't bad at all so long as you keep it below 3k RPM. Obviously you can hear your car so you know its not stock, but if your windows are up and your below 3k its not loud enough to interrupt conversations or mess up music.

The more you go past 3k the louder it gets, and it ramps up quick. Even at 3.5k RPM its obscenely loud.

WOT is where its at. My ears are sore after a few WOT pulls with the windows down. Windows up is pretty tolerable, but its still loud as hell. I have a permanent grin tattooed on my face during WOT pulls, all I can think is "I'm a FK'ING DRAGON!" as my car quite literally roars through the gears. My dad often jokes that when I go by graveyards that graves pop open with skeletons looking to see what the hell is going on.

One thing I will say, I've gotten so many compliments and thumbs up since I've gotten this combination. Even the Extremes alone didn't get me much attention. Honestly, I probably get one encounter every week or every other week. That's not to say I haven't pissed some people off, I'm sure I have... But with respect to people who respect fast cars, I think most are giving it a big :thumbsup:

It's tough to find regular driving videos, but this video is of a WOT pull and its the reason I decided to go with this combination.

[ame]

No regrets!
Sponsored