Cooled seats not cooling

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
I tried the heating in the seats for the first time yesterday morning ... 40 degrees outside. The heating was just ok. The heated seats in my 2014 Escape and 2010 Explorer were much, much better.

There was an improvement to the seat cooling after the retrofit parts were done. The seat backs do not get hot now.....and there is marginal cooing compared to no cooling before.

Still not satisfied.....at all with the cooling capability as this is the only reason I accepted a car with black interior in Georgia. Our 2008 Mustang was black on black and I swore I'd never have black interior again. With cooled seated and tint, it seems doable. :-(
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Mine is getting this TSB done right now

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Mine is getting this TSB done right now

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk

My parts are in, I'm just hesitant now to even bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
Would be interesting to note if the cooling feature heats the seats up better than the heat feature!

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
my back heat is better, not that was an issue. the back cools 15% better and now the bottom doesn't freeze my nuts. overall fail

Sponsored

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
Got the TSB done this past weekend. I've only tested it a few times so I still can't make a verdict, but the back still doesn't cool very well. It doesn't get warm anymore though, so that's an improvement. The bottom still cools amazingly well.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
How are your results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd say its better but not substantially better for the seat back. Seat bottom is the same.

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
GT Premium - Cooled Seats

Got the car six days ago, and today finally gave the cooled seats feature a decent trial. The leather felt a bit cooler to the touch. That was it.

Are we supposed to feel a cooling breeze, or does the seat just get cooler and we have to create our own "Breeze"?

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Got the car six days ago, and today finally gave the cooled seats feature a decent trial. The leather felt a bit cooler to the touch. That was it.

Are we supposed to feel a cooling breeze, or does the seat just get cooler and we have to create our own "Breeze"?
it should always keep your ass cool enough to not sweat. not much colder than that unless you turn on A/C.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's pretty nice to have it tho. I have alcantara in the middle of my seats and they get hot fast.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP

No breeze. The seat itself gets cooler. Air seeps out of the holes but depending on how many layers of clothing you are wearing, if your A/C is running, and even the seat position are factors of how well you feel the seats getting cooler.

Reactions: 113

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP