Sponsored

Converting CLEAR tail lights to RED with a vinyl kit

TheRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT + KW v3 + Magnaflow Street = EPIC
Can anyone comment on Dennis's tint compared to the anchor room tint? I'm located in Australia and looking at buying a set of red tint but not sure which to go with. Due to the shipping cost Dennis's works out to be about $10-$15AUD more expensive. Happy to pay the extra if his is the better product though and looks closer to the original.
I have not seen other than vinyl from Dennis live but mind that gloss is very important. You won't achieve the gloss of original American rear even with Dennis'es but you have to be very picky to notice that (or visit the USA very often and maniacally observe dozens of originals every day, like me :)))

Anyway, I am so pleased that I order the second set from Dennis as he has just offered the "deep red" version which will be even cooler - I am exchanging to the new set tomorrow and will publish pictures again (you may find the older vinyl color applied on my black baby on pictures earlier in this thread).

By the way - I always loved American red but I was a bit hesitating wether to use the vinyl on European lamps. I shouldn't have. In my opinion the car looks 10 times better this way.
Sponsored

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Oem reds are different than any vinyl. I have them both now.
Oem are much more nice for me, no question, but taking onto account price vs vinyl, i would consider vinyl.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I've only seen the AR set on pictures but I've seen Dennis' original set on his own car and I thought the gloss looked pretty impressive.

Of course it will never look exactly like an original US light unit but it's as close as you'll get with a vinyl job. And with the new deeper red color it's probably gonna be an even better match.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Ok leaning towards Dennis's once I see some photos of the new deeper red applied.

TheRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oem reds are different than any vinyl. I have them both now.
Oem are much more nice for me, no question, but taking onto account price vs vinyl, i would consider vinyl.
I did not realize you may get oem red lights for European version. Or you mean some kind of modification of originals?

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I did not realize you may get oem red lights for European version. Or you mean some kind of modification of originals?
Caniggia can do conversion of both clear export lights as well as red US spec lights.

He converted a set of US lights to export connector plus triple brake and sequential amber blinking for me. I will be installing them next week. He also mods EU lights the other way around to fit in US cars.

Last edited:

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
And caniggia is from Poland, looks like TheRider:)

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Mustang is born for modifying, I modify in every i have/had all I can since there is always something...
Btw, I Poznan are driving 2 mustangs with my lights. Greetings

Sponsored

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Next week I can make direct comparison for you, now I have oem red and clear with us vinyl kit, same as papinist had, not Denis

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Wow that deep red does look great. Close enough to the US lights for my eyes. Will definitely be ordering a set from Dennis. Any chance of a couple of close up picks when there is some sunlight theraider?

TheRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that deep red does look great. Close enough to the US lights for my eyes. Will definitely be ordering a set from Dennis. Any chance of a couple of close up picks when there is some sunlight theraider?
Yeah, I wish! As I say: you want sun, go to California! :usa:
No chance for better weather conditions this week. I will see what I can do (it is almost midnight here, so you have to wait a while...).

TheRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some more (vinyl from Dennis):

Cheers,
Sponsored