Sponsored

Convertibles Photos Thread

volinbham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT convertible
Probably already discussed but I don't understand why we don't get auto up windows and why lowering the top lowers the windows all the way rather than just a bit.

I wouldn't mind the latter as much if it weren't for the former.
Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Probably already discussed but I don't understand why we don't get auto up windows and why lowering the top lowers the windows all the way rather than just a bit.

I wouldn't mind the latter as much if it weren't for the former.
Wish I knew this as well. Pretty sure the verts in 2020+ are gonna have windows that automatically roll down but have to use a window crank (or whatever the hell they're called) to get them back up.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
So not all rental car Mustang verts have the V-6... I wonder what the ratio of Ecoboost to Cyclones is in rental fleets? And that looks like a Premium also. Just curious, but did you notice any handling differences between that fine rental and your GT back home?
I wasn't able to drive any twisty roads so I didn't notice a difference in handling compared to my GT.

I just noticed that it felt as if I was driving a Honda Accord whereas in my GT I feel more like I'm driving something like a Mercedes SL. The GT feels more substantial due to the weight and sound of the throaty V8.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Few shots from today :)

Sponsored

PonyVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP Conv
Took off the luster nickels and put on my new-to-me black PP takeoffs (purchased from DoingOK). Love it!!!

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Took off the luster nickels and put on my new-to-me black PP takeoffs (purchased from DoingOK). Love it!!!

For some reason that looks so natural, the black roof and wheels together. Real Nice

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Dude, that looks fantastic.

I remember when you first got your car (we were kind of buying at the same time), and I thought the nickel finish looked decent, a little different, but the black is +definitely+ better.

The above poster is right about the combination with the black roof, plus the Ruby Red has such a deep, dark tone, the contrast is less (body vs. wheels), and it comes together better.

:cheers:

PonyVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP Conv
Dude, that looks fantastic.

I remember when you first got your car (we were kind of buying at the same time), and I thought the nickel finish looked decent, a little different, but the black is +definitely+ better.

The above poster is right about the combination with the black roof, plus the Ruby Red has such a deep, dark tone, the contrast is less (body vs. wheels), and it comes together better.

:cheers:
Hey man...thanks!! Initially the luster nickels were not my favorite but they really grew on me over time. Even still...I considered doing the plastidip thing but didn't really want them to be flat black or slightly less so with the "glossifier" coat.

As soon as I swapped out the last rim and pulled the car out of the garage - I couldn't believe the difference!! :headbang:

My eventual goal is to put some all-seasons on the nickels and run them in the colder months. I know that these rims are heavy but they just look so right!

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
My car came in last night. I won't pick it up until next week though. Waiting for the check from the bank to come in, and they need to install some upgrades for me. Ford Racing street lowering springs and Ford Racing touring catback.

sorry for the nighttime pictures. for the daytime photos, just look at the post above mine, lol.

RubyKojote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Very nice! Sure wish I could have gotten a performance pack convertible when I ordered my Ruby Red vert in 2015. Beautiful car! Enjoy!!!

PonyVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP Conv
My car came in last night. I won't pick it up until next week though. Waiting for the check from the bank to come in, and they need to install some upgrades for me. Ford Racing street lowering springs and Ford Racing touring catback.

sorry for the nighttime pictures. for the daytime photos, just look at the post above mine, lol.
Congrats Danielle!!!! It looks amazing!!!!!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
i personally am still dying to see it during the daytime and really get to soak in how good in my head the factory stripes should look.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
promise i won't go crazy cross-posting everything, just for now. :p

I'll just leave this here. My custom ordered '16 GTPP Vert is in. Redline interior, every single option available short of AAC (wanted the fanged grilles)

I should be picking her up sometime this coming week.

Sponsored