gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
I`m a bit disturbed that it appears that no one who has recently taken delivery of their 2015 Mustang Convertibles have had the Side Tonneau Covers in the Trunk? Rumors are they had a last minute Vendor/Manufacturer switch? Hopefully they will be shipped directly to Buyers in March or sooner when they are finally available. This Convertible will look raw and totally unfinished with those Side Covers missing (Left & Right) when the Top is down!
Wait until you get yours, you'll be too busy out enjoying it to sweat the details. I totally trust that Ford will get those to us somehow in the fairly near future. I am missing an owner's manual at the moment but truth be told I probably wouldn't have looked at it yet anyway. Hope yours makes it soon. Oddly, my car produced on 11/20 arrived yesterday on the truck with an identical car produced 12/17. I was ready to take the first one that came, but opted for the later one since they arrived together.
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I`m a bit disturbed that it appears that no one who has recently taken delivery of their 2015 Mustang Convertibles have had the Side Tonneau Covers in the Trunk? Rumors are they had a last minute Vendor/Manufacturer switch? Hopefully they will be shipped directly to Buyers in March or sooner when they are finally available. This Convertible will look raw and totally unfinished with those Side Covers missing (Left & Right) when the Top is down!
Yet still much better than the 2914 version!

RashadJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible Premium (Magnetic)
Having fun!

Just wanted to wish everyone here a Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to me! LOL :cheers:

So happy my vert made it here before my bday today! I picked it up Tuesday with 5 miles on it. Now it has 305 miles on it. LOL
(no tonneau covers, but I'm sure they'll come, no big deal)

I have really enjoyed you guys and bouncing info back and forth and I'm absolutely loving this car.

I'm going to keep checking in periodically to see what's new.
IMG_2119.JPG
IMG_2184.jpg
IMG_2192.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2216.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Gorgeous, Enjoy! 8 Days to go!

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Just wanted to wish everyone here a Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to me! LOL :cheers:

So happy my vert made it here before my bday today! I picked it up Tuesday with 5 miles on it. Now it has 305 miles on it. LOL

I have really enjoyed you guys and bouncing info back and forth and I'm absolutely loving this car.

Sweet! Played with that adaptive cruise yet? I'm anxious to try that out :)

Sponsored

Mako_254

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Prem Convertible 50th A6 3.55
The 2015 brochure says, "To perfect its top-down look, the convertible sports exclusive design cues that set it apart from the fastback. Note the higher, straighter muscle line across its rear haunches. And its distinctively contoured trunk lid." I have seen one Ruby Red GT Convertible (and a few GT Fastbacks) and did not notice these differences. Does anyone have a photos showing the differences, e.g. a photo of a GT convertible with the spoiler delete option?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The 2015 brochure says, "To perfect its top-down look, the convertible sports exclusive design cues that set it apart from the fastback. Note the higher, straighter muscle line across its rear haunches. And its distinctively contoured trunk lid." I have seen one Ruby Red GT Convertible (and a few GT Fastbacks) and did not notice these differences. Does anyone have a photos showing the differences, e.g. a photo of a GT convertible with the spoiler delete option?
I think if you look at the last photo by Rashad above, the trunk line is totally different and flat to remove the fastback profile.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

Sweet car and Happy Birthday man!

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

Funny you ask, when I opened the trunk lid on that black car,there was a decal on the back panel on the top right hand side that said "convertible"

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Wait until you get yours, you'll be too busy out enjoying it to sweat the details. I totally trust that Ford will get those to us somehow in the fairly near future. I am missing an owner's manual at the moment but truth be told I probably wouldn't have looked at it yet anyway. Hope yours makes it soon. Oddly, my car produced on 11/20 arrived yesterday on the truck with an identical car produced 12/17. I was ready to take the first one that came, but opted for the later one since they arrived together.
Wise move on your part. My Dealer ordered 2 identical Convertibles at the same time as well. One for me as a Special Order X-Plan and a second for Dealer Stock. Only difference was mine I requested the "Spoiler Delete" and the one for Inventory was ordered with the 051A Package (with) the Blade Spoiler. I`d take the (later) produced Vehicle in a heartbeat if the arrived together. Mine Car built on 11/25 versus another that arrives on the same day that was built on 12/17 that never entered FRAP`s "Twilight Zone", that my friend is a no-brainer. Congratulations and enjoy your new car. I`m sure that (2) Tonneau Side Covers will be shipped within a few months. You don`t think both of our S550`s were kept in storage at FRAP because they were missing those 2 Parts do you, lol.

Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
You don`t think both of our S550`s were kept in storage at FRAP because they were missing those 2 Parts do you, lol.
Not likely, but anything is possible.

Ford wants nothing more than to invoice the dealer and get paid, do you think they'd hold up a $40,000 car for $30 worth of parts?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny you ask, when I opened the trunk lid on that black car,there was a decal on the back panel on the top right hand side that said "convertible"
There has been several Photo`s Posted both from brochures as well as other sources showing the S550 in all (3) Configurations from Base V6 which comes with no Spoiler to the EC 2.3 I4 and the GT 5.0 V8 equipped both with and without the Blade Spoiler or GT Spoiler. Its obviously a personal preference but for me, this Vehicle with its already clean Trunk Deck lines looks (much) better minus this adornment.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not likely, but anything is possible.

Ford wants nothing more than to invoice the dealer and get paid, do you think they'd hold up a $40,000 car for $30 worth of parts?
No, that doesn`t make sense. Guess it was a serious "QC" matter that everyone is very tight lipped about or it could have been simply a matter of a screwed up Logistics issue of inventory control and getting early built Convertibles that were buried in massive storage parking lots freed up to inch towards the Rail Ramps? Only time will tell if the extra time it took for them to be released produced a superior built Vehicle or a few hundred (lemons). Hope its not the later.

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
There has been several Photo`s Posted both from brochures as well as other sources showing the S550 in all (3) Configurations from Base V6 which comes with no Spoiler to the EC 2.3 I4 and the GT 5.0 V8 equipped both with and without the Blade Spoiler or GT Spoiler. Its obviously a personal preference but for me, this Vehicle with its already clean Trunk Deck lines looks (much) better minus this adornment.
I do not really dislike my spoiler. After my car went into production I felt like I had screwed up and should have done a delete but it was too late. Plus I'm not even sure it's possible to do the delete with the 50th. But now that it's home, the spoiler doesn't look so bad to me.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not really dislike my spoiler. After my car went into production I felt like I had screwed up and should have done a delete but it was too late. Plus I'm not even sure it's possible to do the delete with the 50th. But now that it's home, the spoiler doesn't look so bad to me.
I don`t hate the Spoilers, I simply prefer the clean un-adulterated look of the Trunk Deck without it. Its just a matter of personal preference and it appears my opinion is in the minority, which is fine with me. I will have one of a very few missing this feature.
Sponsored