Sponsored

Convertible as a daily driver?

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
No leaks for me from very heavy rain at highway speeds or sitting outside in the rain. No leaks from washing either.
The roof can only be operated from inside the car, not with the fob. You can roll all the windows down with the fob by pressing the unlock twice and holding it down on the second unlock.
There are no rising headrests or roll bar.
Sponsored

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see. That's why CJ pony installs an aftermarket (old fashion looking) roll bar with stop light at the center.

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
I see. That's why CJ pony installs an aftermarket (old fashion looking) roll bar with stop light at the center.
Its not a roll-bar, just a light bar....

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
get the vert! I wish I still had mine. Loved it every single day.

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I have a 2004 Honda Civic LX that I drive during crappy weather or things like ush hour traffic. Its technically my sons but he wont be 16 for 9 more months so I drive it.

My Vert has still been out most the summer and I've only driven it with the top up once. I think I'm gonna keep the Civic and get my son a dif car so that I can drive it when there's no reason to drive the Stang.

I think the best mod there is for the Mustang is picking up a $3K Honda Civic to drive it when there's no reason to drive the Stang.

I've had a lot of convertibles (such as 3 Honda S2000's) and I'm really impressed with the Mustang as a Vert. The only issues are mirror like trim on the interior that does reflect son in the eyes lightly.

Lastly, PLEASE dont drive your convertible around with the windows up, thats like the biggest no no in the convertible world as well as not having the top down when the sun is out.

There were S2000 groups called "rain/snow/sleet" which meant they had their top of 24x7 when driving in any weather (this is a bit extreme)

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
i see no reason for a second -- significantly crappier car as a second car. my last vert was my DD, and yeah I could have gotten another car, but why would I want to do that? if I'm paying nearly 50k for a convertible that's got all these gadgets, i sure as heck better be enjoying them

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
i see no reason for a second -- significantly crappier car as a second car. my last vert was my DD, and yeah I could have gotten another car, but why would I want to do that? if I'm paying nearly 50k for a convertible that's got all these gadgets, i sure as heck better be enjoying them
You live in SoCal, not Portland so thats easy for you to say. We get about 40 more inches of rain then you do. 435 hp isn't very helpful from Nov-Mar around here. I'd rather drive the Civic in the rain and leave the Mustang in the garage... nice and clean... low miles and ready for sunny days.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
You live in SoCal, not Portland so thats easy for you to say. We get about 40 more inches of rain then you do. 435 hp isn't very helpful from Nov-Mar around here. I'd rather drive the Civic in the rain and leave the Mustang in the garage... nice and clean... low miles and ready for sunny days.
funny you say that. I moved to SoCal last December, and was forced to sell my convertible three months later. Prior to LA I lived in Washington DC, which has real four seasons of weather.

Here is our old vert in the winter.. sorry your forum doesn't resize pictures for some reason. --

Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I raise you, Diva and your Wash DC with a Southern Ontario...

And some landscaping to boot!

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I love the vert just in Chicago couldn't do it due to winter was afraid top would get messed up L(

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
I never understood the whole never driving the Mustang in anything but perfect weather. From -12* to 112* it saw it. Rain, snow, from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Sea Level to 11,000 feet, it saw it all. Over the time of ownership it alone had been in 32 states and DC. This was just from 2012-2015 and in 42,000 miles.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have always had a 2nd car in addition to my sports car. It usually doesn't take long to find a one owner, low mileage older car in great shape for cheap. My current "beater" is a 2003 Mazda Protoge with 48K miles. I paid $5000 for it and needs nothing. And BECAUSE I never drove my prime car in crappy weather the re-sale ( I never trade in) is always higher than KBB and NADA and they sell QUICK! So in my opinion a 2nd car is always worth it! (and yes, by Feburary I'm really craving for some torque!)

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Prior to LA I lived in Washington DC, which has real four seasons of weather.

Here is our old vert in the winter..
Nice vert Danielle, and yeah DC winter was brutal last year! :crazy:
Sponsored