Sponsored

Contemplating changing my colour choice!!

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Not wanting that to happen!!

However, is it not the case that you confirm your order before it gets built? Surely (not impossible though given Fords cluster), you can't go any further back than at the back with something that's not built yet :shrug:
I was told in June that I had to finalise the spec at that stage; I ordered in Feb. I was told any changes after that would "probably" mean I pay the new prices, and "probably" delay the delivery.

In theory, you should be able to change the order until the "blend" process starts - that is when the factory computers schedule the right parts to be delivered in the right sequence - and that is how it works in the US. In practice, who knows how that might work for a UK RHD order?

Maybe when they get all the Ford US & UK systems to work together, as they certainly don't at the moment...

Back in Feb, the orders didn't even go on a computer system; I filled in a piece of paper that the dealer then faxed to UK HQ, where I think they were filed in a drawer until the UK ordering system was actually setup in May/June when they were then able to get the orders "into the system".
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I was told in June that I had to finalise the spec at that stage; I ordered in Feb. I was told any changes after that would "probably" mean I pay the new prices, and "probably" delay the delivery.

In theory, you should be able to change the order until the "blend" process starts - that is when the factory computers schedule the right parts to be delivered in the right sequence - and that is how it works in the US. In practice, who knows how that might work for a UK RHD order?

Maybe when they get all the Ford US & UK systems to work together, as they certainly don't at the moment...

Back in Feb, the orders didn't even go on a computer system; I filled in a piece of paper that the dealer then faxed to UK HQ, where I think they were filed in a drawer until the UK ordering system was actually setup in May/June when they were then able to get the orders "into the system".
I also ordered in Feb and made probably three or four spec changes after that with the last being in either early June or early July, can't remember offhand. I do wonder if this has pushed me back in the queue a bit, of course its maybe just the paranoia kicking in.

I was never specifically told when I had to finalise my order and my dealer has never suggested that I may be subject to the price increase. I have an order form with the price at order date on it and that's the price I intend paying (although it's higher than it should be as I dropped the Custom Pack). But would I walk away if they insisted on the higher price...?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Not wanting that to happen!!

However, is it not the case that you confirm your order before it gets built?
Only if your dealer bothers to tell you it's lock down time. Mine didn't. Fortunately the spec is right but the first time I saw it in writing was on a Vista print out.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Dont get Comp Orange. The Mustang is loud enough in in your face as it is. It does not nee a bright color like comp orange, thats just OTT!!

I went for Comp Orange btw

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dont get Comp Orange. The Mustang is loud enough in in your face as it is. It does not nee a bright color like comp orange, thats just OTT!!

I went for Comp Orange btw
Yeah me too. It seemed like a good idea last spring. I've always wanted orange as a period colour though and was a cheaper option than TY.

I plan to tone it down a bit with matt black rocker stripes and bonnet (sorry 'hood') graphics from AM.
Sponsored