Sponsored

Considering a trade

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
once auto manufacturers start offering apple carplay, i think that would be totally worth the upgrade. i hope it happens soon, but i'm not so sure because the manufacturers are trying to block them, so they can sell more expensive nav units.
From what FordIVTTeam posted in this thread (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25557)

Although CarPlay and Android Auto will not be available when SYNC 3 is first launched, we are currently working on implementation of both in the future. Stay tuned.

Shaay
So, this makes me happy I didn't go with Nav in my 2016.
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Oh yeah.. man... I wish I had found Koons before dude. I'd probably be in a GT premium that hovers.... The only thing I'm afraid of with Koons is that the trade value would still be reaaaaaaaaaly low.... I'm tempted though lol!
I'd give them a call and explain the situation. Make sure to use a salesman that the members here have used previously, and just see what they'd be willing to do for you. You'd be surprised, as they're making one sale and getting a vehicle (basically getting 2 sales from you :)) What's there to lose? Go for it!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
hopefully that's true. it would be great seeing carplay in the 2016s
Indeed, but if it falls through, no big deal. I don't use navigation a lot now anyways, so that was another reason to exclude it.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Indeed, but if it falls through, no big deal. I don't use navigation a lot now anyways, so that was another reason to exclude it.
Yep, just use my phone.

Sponsored

2015silvergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang premium gt
You cant afford the montly payment on a new gt trading in your current mustang, that is your first mistake there, buying on monthly payment. This is a very simple situation that doesnt involve magic to figure out if you can afford to trade up.

1. Find a dealer that will sell at invoice/xplan with rebates on top of that.

2. Do market research on your own car, see how much dealers are asking for that same car and same options.

3. Check kbb and nada, they are generally high.

4. Subtract 3 to 5k from what the dealers are asking and see how close itnis to kbb and nada. That will roughly be your trade in value.

5. Compare that to what you owe, if you bought on montly payments last time instead of total price, the dealer probably screwed you. If you bought at invoice or xplan with no additonal warrantys or anything and put nothing down you will probably be 2 to 3 k in the hole, if you bought the extra shit, you are probably 5 to 7k in the hole.

6. Take your value from the balance of yout loan and add or subtract it from the invoice/ xplan price of the gt premium.

7. Play with the finance calculators nows, you should be able to finance 1% to 5% new. Put in the price of the mustang gt and see if you can afford the payments.

8. ALWAYS apply for outside financing before going to the dealer.

I tend to buy a car every year, my last car i bought new, i lost $300 in depreciation over a year and 12k miles, i always buy at invoice when there are a lot of rebates. The car the year before i lost 1200 in depreciation over a year.

I generally average about 1000 in depreciation. I never buy on monthly payment because that is how dealers get you, they add an extra year of financing that will add 2k in interest or they say, buy this useless warranty and your monthly payment will stay the same. They do that by adding a year of financing or they were quoting such a ridiculous interest rate that they had it built into the financing.

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
I know Koons up in baltimore gets a ton of love on here but I have helped out a handful of Mustang6g members now and on every deal I have beat x-plan by a mile. I can also help with getting you the most out of your trade appraisal.

I'm down in Waldorf Maryland at Waldorf Ford. Just like with Koons it will be a bit of a drive from NJ but I figured I would throw my hat in the ring if you don't mind a good road trip. I had a father and son drive down from PA and one member from New York, they both said that the drive back felt a lot shorter than the trip down :lol:

I tell you what, I drove up to PA to get my s550 myself and the long drive back definitely was an awesome way to get acquainted with my new baby haha.

Even if you just use me as a negotiating ploy for koons, I don't mind giving you a price and sight-unseen trade appraisal to use against them. I enjoy helping out fellow forum members through my job and it's nice to be able to keep in touch with my customers and watch their cars as they progress with modifications over time.

Shoot me a PM if I can help in any way at all.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I know Koons up in baltimore gets a ton of love on here but I have helped out a handful of Mustang6g members now and on every deal I have beat x-plan by a mile. I can also help with getting you the most out of your trade appraisal.

I'm down in Waldorf Maryland at Waldorf Ford. Just like with Koons it will be a bit of a drive from NJ but I figured I would throw my hat in the ring if you don't mind a good road trip. I had a father and son drive down from PA and one member from New York, they both said that the drive back felt a lot shorter than the trip down :lol:

I tell you what, I drove up to PA to get my s550 myself and the long drive back definitely was an awesome way to get acquainted with my new baby haha.

Even if you just use me as a negotiating ploy for koons, I don't mind giving you a price and sight-unseen trade appraisal to use against them. I enjoy helping out fellow forum members through my job and it's nice to be able to keep in touch with my customers and watch their cars as they progress with modifications over time.

Shoot me a PM if I can help in any way at all.

That is nice of you to help people on this forum.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I did but the second part does still apply. Was it the sound that made him think he went faster? :)

Stang77 I see your in NJ. I'm in Jersey too and bought my mustang at Haldeman on US1 near Hamilton. When I went to trade in my brand new mustang with 700mi on it the trade in value vs what they wanted me to put down and finance for the new mustang was frickin stupid ridiculous. It was basically saying... here retard... heres exactly 2 years worth of depreciation on your Mustang now sell it to us dirt cheap and finance this car rolling all that negative equity into it and overpay... I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I decided to wait a year or 2 and drive what I have and enjoy it.. Keep it clean and low miles If I can. In 2 years I would have almost paid it off and it would still have a lot of value. At that point I could trade it for a nice GT350 or something.
No it was the actual going fast part that made him feel he was going faster. There is a ton of difference between a high 13 second car and a mid 12 second car.

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
Go to Hertrich Ford in Milford Delaware. It's about 2 hrs from my house (I live near Atlantic City). Ask for James Corlett (He's my brother) He got me out of my EB that I only had for 4 months. He is the sales manager and he will set you up with my salesperson Shaun.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I will check that place out. I'm also going to take a look at All American Ford in Oldbridge today.

OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Go to Hertrich Ford in Milford Delaware. It's about 2 hrs from my house (I live near Atlantic City). Ask for James Corlett (He's my brother) He got me out of my EB that I only had for 4 months. He is the sales manager and he will set you up with my salesperson Shaun.

Guess you got set up with a good deal.:)

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
That is nice of you to help people on this forum.
Its really no problem. I'd much rather help out an educated enthusiast of a car that I love myself rather than some of the customers I deal with that walk in off of the street and expect to pay half of dealer invoice for anything on the lot.

Besides, I have no interest in keeping a relationship with difficult customers like that, ones that you give every last penny to before they come in, then expect the negotiating to start from there once they sit down with you.:frusty: Andddddd then for the icing on the cake after you spend 4-6 hours with them they turn around and give you a bad survey, further hurting your pay on a vehicle that you are only making $50 bucks on to begin with.

At least with Mustang6G members, I know they are definite buyers and already have an idea of what a realistic price is on the vehicle because they know about things like invoice and x-plan. I can just have the vehicle gassed and cleaned for when they get here and spend the rest of our time talking about their planned mods and sharing what I've done to mine. Much more painless business transaction, I'd say!:ford:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
that's not too far of a drive. in 3-5 years when i want a new one, do you mind if i hit you up? that's if you're still selling cars that is.

OP
OP
stang77

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I have been ofered a GT Base for around 33k. My payments wouldn't change much. I am considering taking it. Just looking for everyones imput. Only thing is I would miss my satelite radio. Have to go aftermarket for it.
Sponsored