Compliments/comments/neck twisters about Aussie Mustangs

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
In Braidwood yesterday for breakfast. A string of Commodores (HSV/R8's etc) cruise past the cafe. We finish and start heading back to Canberra only to see the group of them by the side of the road. As we slowly rolled past them we got a big wave and a few thumbs up. We smiled and waved back.
I like this. no animosity (Ford Vs Holden), just appreciation for nice cars :)

I always like driving past schools - I think the kids like me driving past as well haha.
Sponsored

cardboard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Was waiting at a set of red lights to turn and a lady leaned out as she drove by to have a look and almost rear-ended a person in front of her who had slowed down to park :doh:. I need to get a dash cam!

I reckon the best part about owning a Mustang is you're instantly part of a club and other owners usually give you a wave or a nod when you drive by. The worst part is I only see how awesome they are when I run across another owner on the road.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The Mustang is certainly the not the car to pick your nose in...........people are watching...... :D

Sponsored

Arasaka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback 6MT Magnetic
I reckon the best part about owning a Mustang is you're instantly part of a club and other owners usually give you a wave or a nod when you drive by. The worst part is I only see how awesome they are when I run across another owner on the road.
Same for me. I've been to a number of meets and have only met great people so it's not surprising that there is some unspoken camaraderie when driving by other owners.

The pony projectors are a close second though... I don't know why but I can't help but smile when I see the image on the ground.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Same for me. I've been to a number of meets and have only met great people so it's not surprising that there is some unspoken camaraderie when driving by other owners.

The pony projectors are a close second though... I don't know why but I can't help but smile when I see the image on the ground.
I think that's largely an intersection between Mustang owners and people who are "club members".

There are plenty of Mustangs around with owners who won't wave/return thumbs up and don't seem interested in other owners or even keeping their car nice :)

On the pony projectors - I saw someone in a BMW M club has done similar in colour (!) with the BMW M logo on his car... seems it's catching.

And back on topic, I had a guy at a servo on the recent NSW cruise ask me if it was the V8 and then told me it was a nice car. Bumped into him again inside and he asked me how much they were - he thought they were expensive... gave me another perspective - as a brand new car, for what it offers, it's cheap. But as far as a car goes, a lot of Australia has been spoilt by mining riches and there are still plenty of battlers that think it's an expensive car - so fair enough we should try to keep them nice and drive them plenty to share them in, some small part, with the world :)

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Got a few honks and light flashes from a guy in a Maserati today. Not sure if he was showing appreciation of the Mustang, wanted a race or my boot was open :lol:

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Few kids standing on their front lawn, jaws dropped and get a big thumbs up :ford:

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
Got a few honks and light flashes from a guy in a Maserati today. Not sure if he was showing appreciation of the Mustang, wanted a race or my boot was open :lol:
Lol I know right! One day my car is going to be on fire and people will be honking at me telling me my car is on fire and I'll be waving back and smiling like an idiot lol :lol:

Sponsored

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Interesting reaction yesterday from a XR50 Turbo, looked to be modded rego ***FPV. He decided to undertake me at a set of lights but I caught up with him at the next set on red.

Took offence when I reminded him he was in a Falcon......................

Mr_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0L
Not really relevant to the topic, but other than the looks and compliments from people...ive had on 2 seperate times an fg xr6 turbo check out the pony then smoke it up on a roundabout and the week later an xr8 pursuit 250 ute rip it up coming in the opposite direction on the same roundabout lol...in the Parramatta area ...anyone else get that sorta thing?

Last edited:

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
Went up the coast over the long weekend - on the way back I stopped at the Port Mac BP servo and pulled in behind an old fairlane on historic rego that was filling up.
Sitting waiting, after a few minutes a guy in his mid 30's motioned to me about taking a pic - gave him the thumbs up and he snapped away.
Old fairlane mate didn't look too happy, I think picture guy took a couple of snaps of said fairlane to keep him happy.

J

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not really relevant to the topic, but other than the looks and compliments from people...ive had on 2 seperate times an fg xr6 turbo check out the pony then smoke it up on a roundabout and the week later an xr8 pursuit 250 ute rip it up coming in the opposite direction on the same roundabout lol...in the Parramatta area ...anyone else get that sorta thing?
I get that ALL the time. Usually from stock standard commodores. Not exactly sure of the point but it seems to make sense to them :shrug:
Sponsored