Sponsored

Compatibility - Steeda and BMR

andybird123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro - Hyper Blue
Hi guys,
My lightning blue GT (UK so PP equivalent?) is on order, and while I'm waiting I'm already planning my first stages of mods

Looking at the BMR CB005 kit and the steeda irs brace;
http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754/#/product/2932

Would they interfere with each other, or would fitting the cb005 negate the point of fitting the steeda braces?

I am also planning on the steeda red diff bushings, BMR vertical links, a K brace from either and sway bars

I want to retain some street comfort so looking at what others have tried, I'm planning on keeping the PP struts

Thanks

Andy
Sponsored

OP
OP

andybird123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro - Hyper Blue
Cool, thanks

I see you went the steeda route, any experience with the BMR lockdown and which you prefer?

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
I want to retain some street comfort so looking at what others have tried, I'm planning on keeping the PP struts
Please consider upgrading to koni struts, they will do wonders for street comfort. My previous PP struts were ratched and harsh on freshly paved streets, adjustable Koni struts are a must.

OP
OP

andybird123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro - Hyper Blue
Please consider upgrading to koni struts, they will do wonders for street comfort. My previous PP struts were ratched and harsh on freshly paved streets, adjustable Koni struts are a must.
thanks, I'll certainly consider it
day one I was only really planning on spending around $1000 on parts and I'm already over that with the parts listed above and an H-pipe

even the sway bars might have to wait a few months if the ÂŁ-$ exchange rate doesn't improve between now and when my car arrives :D

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
BMR's CB005 kit does the same thing as the Steeda subframe support brace and Steeda subframe bushing support system combined.

Brad Michaels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 P/P
BMR's CB005 kit does the same thing as the Steeda subframe support brace and Steeda subframe bushing support system combined.
I wouldn't say that...

The Steeda subframe alignment kit has 4 locating points versus the CB005's 2 locating points. The Steeda subframe support braces also provide much more structural support than the CB005 kit by tying in 3 points of the chassis rather than 2.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hi guys,
My lightning blue GT (UK so PP equivalent?) is on order, and while I'm waiting I'm already planning my first stages of mods

Looking at the BMR CB005 kit and the steeda irs brace;
http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754/#/product/2932

Would they interfere with each other, or would fitting the cb005 negate the point of fitting the steeda braces?

I am also planning on the steeda red diff bushings, BMR vertical links, a K brace from either and sway bars

Thanks

Andy
You have definitely picked some great items!

I do have a few people who combine our CB005 and their support braces and have given excellent feedback.

To do this, you must discard our front lower mounts...so you can utilize the OEM plates, where their braces connect.

To clarify, our CB005 and their braces are not really a direct comparison. But combining the two will definitely give you the best of our AND their philosophy for firming the rear IRS up on your S550. :cheers:

I wouldn't say that...

The Steeda subframe alignment kit has 4 locating points versus the CB005's 2 locating points. The Steeda subframe support braces also provide much more structural support than the CB005 kit by tying in 3 points of the chassis rather than 2.
Correct. Make no mistake, we never intended for our CB005 to be compared to other's "IRS Braces".

Our philosophy is simply different. We remove actual cradle deflection so effectively with our CB005 kit, that we have not seen the need to add additional bracing to the IRS Cradle. When removing the deflection of the cradle, that is accomplished by firming the relationship of the cradle to chassis.

That said, we have mocked up and tested a few braces. But at this time we are focusing on other areas that we feel can show more improvement with aftermarket replacements.

:thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I chose Steeda's system because I wanted subframe support, the effect of which was noticeable (in a good way). I have installed the BMR unit and it is, like my front subframe brace, an excellent piece of kit that seemed to work well for the guy I installed it for. IMHO, the Steeda setup is suited for someone looking to improve chassis regidity along with reducing wheel hop and the BMR setup is for someone who wants to focus on wheel hop and does not require "mountain road/track" handling improvements. My opinion may be totally off base, but I wanted more triangles to shore up my subframe and the effect of the Steeda and BMR braces I have is profound.

Sponsored
OP
OP

andybird123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro - Hyper Blue
You have definitely picked some great items!

I do have a few people who combine our CB005 and their support braces and have given excellent feedback.

To do this, you must discard our front lower mounts...so you can utilize the OEM plates, where their braces connect.

To clarify, our CB005 and their braces are not really a direct comparison. But combining the two will definitely give you the best of our AND their philosophy for firming the rear IRS up on your S550. :cheers:

Correct. Make no mistake, we never intended for our CB005 to be compared to other's "IRS Braces".

Our philosophy is simply different. We remove actual cradle deflection so effectively with our CB005 kit, that we have not seen the need to add additional bracing to the IRS Cradle. When removing the deflection of the cradle, that is accomplished by firming the relationship of the cradle to chassis.

That said, we have mocked up and tested a few braces. But at this time we are focusing on other areas that we feel can show more improvement with aftermarket replacements.

:thumbsup:
Hi Kelly,
do you know what is going on with your website - I've just been on to try to order a CB005 and it tries to add $180 for shipping to the UK, if I then add a K-brace as well it goes up to $500 shipping for $300 of parts.

To put this in to perspective, if I try to order a K brace, bushing kit and H-pipe from American Muscle it quotes me $47 for shipping. So even with the more expensive k-brace and rear end parts, it would still work out much cheaper for me to order other parts from another site. :/

thanks!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Sending PM now.

Thanks!