2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
I suggest keeping your coffee to yourself as well...:stop:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Simply drawing a weapon on someone can get you locked up, whether you have a round chambered or not. Regardless of intentions. If you aren't intending on using a gun to take out an imminent threat to your life (not your pride), keep it holstered.
Drawing a weapon certainly counts as assault.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Agree on all. No BS a friend just told me about someone not going at a green light, someone honked, the one not paying attention draws a gun! It was a nerf gun but the cops behind my friend still took the guy into custody. People these days!! How about we just stop trying to throw anything at anyone, bullets, coffee, nerf darts....yeesh.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly, the woman in the clothes buying example and the guy in the Camaro were probably influenced by the number of incidents, from their own experiences and the constant reporting on social media, where being approached by a stranger ends up a bad experience. Sales people, scam artists, perverts, beggars, pick pockets, muggers, human traffickers, etc. I know I am more skeptical than I used to be.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Sadly, the woman in the clothes buying example and the guy in the Camaro were probably influenced by the number of incidents, from their own experiences and the constant reporting on social media, where being approached by a stranger ends up a bad experience. Sales people, scam artists, perverts, beggars, pick pockets, muggers, human traffickers, etc. I know I am more skeptical than I used to be.
But isn't that where the skill of reading body language and facial expressions comes in? I see your point and agree but less time staring at your phone and more time watching people interact around you makes an enormous difference. Of course this doesn't account for some of those misleading individuals you spoke of but a difference none the less.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
But isn't that where the skill of reading body language and facial expressions comes in? I see your point and agree but less time staring at your phone and more time watching people interact around you makes an enormous difference. Of course this doesn't account for some of those misleading individuals you spoke of but a difference none the less.
I suppose, but I am just speculating on why people might be more skeptical. In both cases the people eventually came around but it took awhile.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just as an aside, people around me are interacting with their 'phones.

OP is to be praised for his restraint and persistence. 'Most everyone else has room to improve their responses I think I will commission production of a bumper sticker:

RECONSIDER
WHILE YOU STILL HAVE ROOM
TO IMPROVE YOUR RESPONSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
Perhaps a wasp had landed in his coffee and he was just throwing it away.
Seeing his mistake he then drove away quickly so as not to exacerbate the situation,

Officer.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Reminds me of buying clothes for an interview. I was shopping solo and know very well how my fashion sense is so I walked up to a random mom pushing a stroller to ask how well the slacks and shirt matched. I wasn't wearing the clothes, they were in my hands on hangers. Just walking up to her, she looked like I was going to peel her skin off or something. Took a minute after asking the question before she just told me they looked fine together. People don't know how to be social anymore. We have our small group of friends and everyone else may as well be from another planet. Could be one of a hundred reasons for the OP to get coffee thrown at him and I bet none of them would make sense to most of us.

On another note, almost 150 posts on this topic. Interesting lol.
Nice to know it isn't only me.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You would think another "car guy" wouldn't react quite that way though. But this is Florida the land of mine is better than yours, so It may be an ego thing.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Am just catching up with this thread, I am from across the Pond. It's very difficult to keep your temper sometimes, I have a vert and I had when I had my S197. Am coming to Dallas next year, as we are doing a 3 thousand mile road trip, from New Orleans to New York. A couple of true tales:
I used to have a 3. Supra, One night one of the lights was taken, so I moved the car to where I could see it, around 11pm, saw a light by the car, they were back for the other one, I run out, like a madman, if i had, had a gun, I would have used it, I never caught them, which might have been good for me, as there were 2 of them and I am only 5 foot 4.
Years ago my Dad was a London Cabbie, he got mugged on Easter Monday, by 2 blokes with shotguns, was knocked out come to as one was trying to pull his wedding ring off, my Dad managed to get away in the cab. but after that he and others tried to get hold of Air Pistols as they looked like the real thing to protect themselves.
Why should this piece of scum, who himself had a car worth way more then the Stang, get away with it, go home have a good laugh, tell his mates. he deserves payback big-time

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
how about an update by the OP on the phone recording, what is being done by law enforcement to help him out, etc?

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Got recording. Plates came back as fake. Pretty common practice to post fake temp plates according to PD. I have not seen the vehicle since. A few people have suggested trying other things to try and track him down, but I do not have the time to play full-time detective. Moving on.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Update: Got recording. Plates came back as fake. Pretty common practice to post fake temp plates according to PD. I have not seen the vehicle since. A few people have suggested trying other things to try and track him down, but I do not have the time to play full-time detective. Moving on.
Dang that sucks. Is it all cleaned to your satisfaction? How much damage was done after it's all settled? Glad you're moving on, back to enjoying your badass car.

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spent about $250 and a few hours myself getting it cleaned up. There are a lot of nooks and crannies for stuff to get into. I still need to pull off a rear trim piece clean out the speaker cover grille. It does not look like any permanent damage done.
Sponsored