Cobra jet mani on A10 car?

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Good to know. So is this your car? If so. How does it run with the CJ mani?
It's my good buddy's. Great thus far! We did the VMP 69mm twin for 18 instead of a monoblade w/ the convertor box since the convertor box acted like shit in the car and wouldn't communicate well with HpT. He just ordered the D-Mark intake to get rid of the s197 CJ intake so he should crack that 500 wheel mark no problem. Made 496/441 with avg of 10-15hp/tq gains over the entire RPM range and above 6500 the CJ really shined and was +30 wheel on power at redline
Sponsored

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It's my good buddy's. Great thus far! We did the VMP 69mm twin for 18 instead of a monoblade w/ the convertor box since the convertor box acted like shit in the car and wouldn't communicate well with HpT. He just ordered the D-Mark intake to get rid of the s197 CJ intake so he should crack that 500 wheel mark no problem. Made 496/441 with avg of 10-15hp/tq gains over the entire RPM range and above 6500 the CJ really shined and was +30 wheel on power at redline
Iā€™ve already got the twin 65mm tbody and the jms box. It worked fine on my 18, but I did feel like the idle was a bit high. The horse power numbers are about the same as my m6 car. Iā€™m looking forward to putting it on with the rest of my mods in the next few weeks

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I feel like M6 cars and older autos (A6) gain more from the CJ. since it's easier to stay in the power band with the CJs power curve. I ended up trading my CJ for a brand new ported 18mani and some cash. Plus now can I sell my stock 18mani and come out ahead. I really didn't want to lose my strut brace and have to put adjustable motor mounts in. The butt dyno feels a difference up top with the ported mani. I'm waiting to hear back from tuner about a ported TB now.

The CJ does look great under the hood and makes more power up top.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I feel like M6 cars and older autos (A6) gain more from the CJ. since it's easier to stay in the power band with the CJs power curve. I ended up trading my CJ for a brand new ported 18mani and some cash. Plus now can I sell my stock 18mani and come out ahead. I really didn't want to lose my strut brace and have to put adjustable motor mounts in. The butt dyno feels a difference up top with the ported mani. I'm waiting to hear back from tuner about a ported TB now.

The CJ does look great under the hood and makes more power up top.
Curious did you dyno ported 18 vs stock 18 (before and after cj I guess)? Was pondering swapping my stock out for it, could have even more potential if/ when going fi.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Curious did you dyno ported 18 vs stock 18 (before and after cj I guess)? Was pondering swapping my stock out for it, could have even more potential if/ when going fi.
The CJ was from my 15. I never had it on my 18.

No dynos either. If one was more readily available, I definitely would.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Iā€™ve got the money put away to do this set up. And Iā€™m wanting to use the new VMP 69mm twin TB. Only problem is nobody has a damn CJ manifold in stock right now

Sponsored
OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Put the CJ mani and long tubes on yesterday. Car feels strong although I havenā€™t gotten all the way on it yet. Iā€™m waiting for Lund to review my logs and give me the green light. Also waiting for my e85 tune

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Put the CJ mani and long tubes on yesterday. Car feels strong although I havenā€™t gotten all the way on it yet. Iā€™m waiting for Lund to review my logs and give me the green light. Also waiting for my e85 tune
The initial tune from Lund should be conservative. Wait until you get it datalogged. That was how it was when I did the GT350 manifold.

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The big takeaway is the CJ averages more than 30+ hp over the 18.. I don't care much for peak numbers, the average gain is very solid.
Glad you pointed that out. Iā€™ve been thinking the same thing. The CJ set up on my 18 felt so much stronger than the stock mani. And the throttle response is crazy

OP
OP
TGGT

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Went for a pull in 3rd gear. Afr was around 11.7 and max timing was 25 degrees no knock
Sponsored