Cobb or Bama

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
Ok I know there are a lot of quality tuners out there. I think I am going with one of these 2 for reasons that are too lengthy to go into here. Sell me on each, and what performance gains have YOU seen and experienced.

Thanks
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Of those two, COBB -- Their whole world revolves around turbos.

kevg73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I'm planning to go COBB when I get a tune. The on the fly map switching looks really useful and from what I've seen I think they have gotten larger gains (don't quote me on that).

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I will be ordering an Accessport from COBB in the next couple days. The on the fly switching where I can switch to a map that limits boost will be great for my long highway commute. And COBB also has a network of Protuners that can tune your car to your liking as you update your mods.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Gains between all the reputable shops should be similar. I'd get the Cobb based off the features of the AP vs the SCT X4 that Bama uses. It's your money, I'm sure you've done some research if you've narrowed down your choices, buy what you like, shouldn't need someone to convince you.

EDIT: I personally ordered an AP from FFTEC because I'm going to be using their IC, intake, etc. Probably their turbo kit down the road too.

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I had this same question as I also narrowed down to these 2. I haven't decided yet but I'm slightly leaning in one direction.
One part I'm not clear on. When we order how many tunes are included? As new ones come out or are adjusted do we get those also?

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang & 2015 WRX STI
Cobb, I have seen what SCT offers and Cobb has more options for the tuners to control boost, plus 5 way map switching.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea for the EB id lean toward unleashed, livernois, cobb. Bama just doesnt have the ecoboost/turbo experience of the other three and they almost seem like they gave up on it since they havent posted in this section in like a month. But BAMA does take into account all of your mods when they send a tune and they do free revisions (but so does unleashed)

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Even if both tunes produced the exact same numbers, I would still stick by Cobb just for the functions of the AP alone...on the fly map switching is damn awesome also :)

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Why?

I've never had to change my tune of the fly..... Ever. It's either 93 octane or 91. I never had a reason to feel all giddy slamming in a new tune cause I just topped off with 93! BAM racecar!

Or do you remove your intake while driving down the road where a different tune is required?

And what does the hand held show you that the dash doesn't?

And with that knowledge, what can you adjust to remedy what your seeing?

Can you move the target afr? Moving timing? Add or dump boost?

Darkrune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO EB
Why?

I've never had to change my tune of the fly..... Ever. It's either 93 octane or 91. I never had a reason to feel all giddy slamming in a new tune cause I just topped off with 93! BAM racecar!

Or do you remove your intake while driving down the road where a different tune is required?

And what does the hand held show you that the dash doesn't?

And with that knowledge, what can you adjust to remedy what your seeing?

Can you move the target afr? Moving timing? Add or dump boost?
To your last three questions. yes, yes, yes. On the fly while driving.
Sponsored