Unleash-The-Beast

Flashback to 1965
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr. Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium W. drop top
My 2015 GT has 140,000 miles and I lost 2nd gear, won't stay in. So I am pulling out the tranny to fix or replace. While doing this it seems prudent to replace the clutch. I am fine with the stock clutch and will be staying NA. Should I be replacing or resurfacing the flywheel? Also any suggestions on what clutch keeping in mind I am happy with how the car drives and want to keep costs down.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 GT has 140,000 miles and I lost 2nd gear, won't stay in. So I am pulling out the tranny to fix or replace. While doing this it seems prudent to replace the clutch. I am fine with the stock clutch and will be staying NA. Should I be replacing or resurfacing the flywheel? Also any suggestions on what clutch keeping in mind I am happy with how the car drives and want to keep costs down.

Replace flywheel+clutch+tob this is the minimum while in there consider adding after market shifter preferably trans mounted as well as Steeda or other form of Braided clutch line.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Good resurfacing shops are nonexistent these days. I’ve heard mantic makes a great MT82 clutch setup.

agree with above poster also re braided steel line.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Replace pilot bearing. Big mistake I made when I upgraded clutch.

edit to add: Exedy Mach 500 I heard is a quality upgrade over stock and good for NA power.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Yes you have to do pilot bearing. It usually comes with a clutch kit but if not it’s mandatory
Sponsored