Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
it's a mobius camera with a cruisecam headrest mount. using a magnet mount with metal disk mounted to the headrest mount.
Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Truck though he could push me off the road, ended up splitting the lane between me and another vehicle. He is probably used to people moving out of his way, I tend to stand my ground.
Skip to 1:36 unless you like watching left lane campers getting passed.
Do you have rear dash cam video of this? Truck looks like road rage. You passed a car in the left lane, and then about 20 seconds later, the truck is somehow beside you, drifting into your lane. Truck suspension looks like it is needs work. Hinting at a junker. Mustang doesn't stand a chance against a junker.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Do you have rear dash cam video of this? Truck looks like road rage. You passed a car in the left lane, and then about 20 seconds later, the truck is somehow right beside you, drifting into your lane. Truck suspension looks like it is needs work. Hinting at a junker. Mustang doesn't stand a chance against a junker.
It looked to me like the truck didn't want to get jammed up behind a car in his lane going slower so made a move to pass him on the right thinking the Mustang would give way.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i dont think ive ever shared my sideswiper vid. it's about 1 minute into the video
Did this result in a collision ? I don't think driver side view is considered a blind spot. Van driver must have been zoning out.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It looked to me like the truck didn't want to get jammed up behind a car in his lane going slower so made a move to pass him on the right thinking the Mustang would give way.
I just noticed the car in front. You are probably right. Truck forced the lane change. Probably a junker, figuring the late model Mustang had a lot more to lose.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Did this result in a collision ? I don't think driver side view is considered a blind spot. Van driver must have been zoning out.
nah, i just got out of his way, and i dont think he hit the car in front of him either.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
nah, i just got out of his way, and i dont think he hit the car in front of him either.
I see the red vehicle was stopping to make right turn. Appears van took the whole lane, and then checked their mirror. Or maybe didn't bother.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Imma go ahead and be that guy. While we're in the subject of driving, I would advise you Asharus to please utilize the blinkers when lane changing. I re-watched your video a dozen times during the lane change and I did not hear the audible blinker/ticker noise nor see your left hand hit the blinker lever when you merged left.

I'm not saying that you're at fault or this is the cause for the near miss, but for future lane changes and merges, please use it. Don't know how the laws in your state or province work, but it's kinda common courtesy/law in some places. It bugs me to no end when people change lanes without signaling. I'm not psychic.

Last edited:

fordmustanglove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang GT
Imma go ahead and be that guy. While we're in the subject of driving, I would consider advise you, Asharus, to utilize the blinkers when lane changing. I re-watched your video a dozen times during the lane change and I did not hear nor see your left hand hit the blinker lever when you merged left.

I'm not saying that you're at fault or is the cause of this incident, but for future lane changes and merges, please use it. Don't know how the laws in your state or province work, but it's kinda common courtesy/law in some places. It bugs me to no freaking end when people change lanes without signaling. I'm not psychic.
Thought the same thing...

Reactions: 17

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Not all P/U drivers are like that. I drive a P/U as my daily driver and always use my blinkers and always double check my surroundings.
Well Stage, it's reassuring to know there is one pick-up driver like you in the world. I never wrote all, but most, a bit of an exaggeration I admit. You see in this neck of the woods the pickup is the vehicle of choice for non-driving nitwits by a considerable margin. That remark was gleaned from years of first hand observations.

That does not imply all pick-up drivers are non-driving nitwits, but ____ are.

A. many
B. a lot
C. gazillions
D. a shitload

I suppose I'll have to get a dash cam and record some evidence now...... :)

Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
First clip is just of someone making an illegal turn, second clip is of driver losing control on on-ramp causing me to have to go from 65 mph to 0 in the middle of the interstate. I'm just glad no one hit me from behind (the rearview mirror was first thing I was looking at as it unfolded).

Camera is a Rexing V1, tapped to mirror for power and auto on/off.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]eY_UNfXcWRs[/MEDIA]"]

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
i dont think ive ever shared my sideswiper vid. it's about 1 minute into the video
Man, that was close Angelo! Good thing you were paying attention unlike the knucklehead in the van.

Well Stage, it's reassuring to know there is one pick-up driver like you in the world. I never wrote all, but most, a bit of an exaggeration I admit. You see in this neck of the woods the pickup is the vehicle of choice for non-driving nitwits by a considerable margin. That remark was gleaned from years of first hand observations.

That does not imply all pick-up drivers are non-driving nitwits, but ____ are.

A. many
B. a lot
C. gazillions
D. a shitload

I suppose I'll have to get a dash cam and record some evidence now...... :)
That was awesome man.
I lol'ed. :D

First clip is just of someone making an illegal turn, second clip is of driver losing control on on-ramp causing me to have to go from 65 mph to 0 in the middle of the interstate. I'm just glad no one hit me from behind (the rearview mirror was first thing I was looking at as it unfolded).
Camera is a Rexing V1, tapped to mirror for power and auto on/off.
Wow, what the heck happened there?!?! Black ice? Moron driver?
Good thing no one was behind you!

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Wow, what the heck happened there?!?! Black ice? Moron driver? Good thing no one was behind you!
No ice. It happened today and it was about 70 degrees in Northern Virginia. It had rained earlier and the ground was damp. No idea how he lost control. He did pull off the highway, so a mechanical issue is possible. My brother asked if I was on the horn and I wasn't because I didn't want to distract him from whatever he was trying to do to correct.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

Quick reaction but you probably should start driving with both hands on the steering wheel and stop grasping the shifter so much.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Didn’t know we had so many perfect drivers here :shrug:
Sponsored