Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Didn’t know we had so many perfect drivers here :shrug:
LOL, I'm sure those backseat perfect drivers can avoid this accident by signaling and putting both hands on the wheel too.

[ame]
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
No ice. It happened today and it was about 70 degrees in Northern Virginia. It had rained earlier and the ground was damp. No idea how he lost control. He did pull off the highway, so a mechanical issue is possible. My brother asked if I was on the horn and I wasn't because I didn't want to distract him from whatever he was trying to do to correct.
Man, that was a close call!

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Imma go ahead and be that guy. While we're in the subject of driving, I would advise you Asharus to please utilize the blinkers when lane changing. I re-watched your video a dozen times during the lane change and I did not hear the audible blinker/ticker noise nor see your left hand hit the blinker lever when you merged left.
Depends on where you are driving. In south Florida using blinkers is a sign of weakness. Stopped using blinkers due to other drivers speeding up to keep you from merging. Also, do a two thousand count before entering an intersection when first car to go. That brief hesitation has saved me from red light runners multiple times.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Depends on where you are driving. In south Florida using blinkers is a sign of weakness. Stopped using blinkers due to other drivers speeding up to keep you from merging. Also, do a two thousand count before entering an intersection when first car to go. That brief hesitation has saved me from red light runners multiple times.
Bullshit. Use your GD turn-signals people.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-signals-is-a-leading-cause-of-car-accidents/

You don't use your turn-signals to ask for permission, you use them to show your intent.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
exactly. when i intend to hold up the left lane when i'm going to make a left turn soon, i signal.

that's one of the most annoying things people do, when they signal that theyre making a left turn right before they stop to wait for traffic to clear. it doesn't give you a chance to go around them on the right because it's too late and now you're stuck.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Exactly!!! We're not professor Xavier to know what you're about to do. Drivers are unpredictable. The change you want to see in the world starts with you as Ghandi said...

BTW it's not hard to use two hands on wheel in a manual. This isn't something circus act.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
I drive an auto now and still use only one hand most of the time. The last time I used 2 hands 100% of the time was during my drivers license test.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
I was not made aware that Ken M posted here.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I can't believe how many are complaining about not using two hands on the wheel, or using a turn signal. I agree that sometimes using your turn signal, causes people to speed up to block you. I use my turn signal when people "need" to know my intentions. When approaching an intersection that I'm turning at, I'll signal to others that are sitting there that I'm turning so they can pull out. But, when cruising in traffic, I rarely use it because once I turn it on, the idiot in that lane almost always speeds up. Also, if I'm in a designated turn only lane, why use my signal? My only driving option is to turn. Once everybody that drives, does so with perfection, and not like what we've seen in these videos, then I'll change my habits also, but until then....

I learned to drive 30 years ago where we were taught to share the road. Today, people think about only themselves and it becomes a free for all.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I can't believe how many are complaining about not using two hands on the wheel, or using a turn signal. I agree that sometimes using your turn signal, causes people to speed up to block you. I use my turn signal when people "need" to know my intentions. When approaching an intersection that I'm turning at, I'll signal to others that are sitting there that I'm turning so they can pull out. But, when cruising in traffic, I rarely use it because once I turn it on, the idiot in that lane almost always speeds up. Also, if I'm in a designated turn only lane, why use my signal? My only driving option is to turn. Once everybody that drives, does so with perfection, and not like what we've seen in these videos, then I'll change my habits also, but until then....

I learned to drive 30 years ago where we were taught to share the road. Today, people think about only themselves and it becomes a free for all.
No one is saying you need your signal on a one way lane. But if you're changing lanes, use your damn signal. Why that's so difficult is beyond me. If you put your blinker on and someone speeds up to take your spot...then you should have planned better or made a quicker decision.

Put your blinker on, look to make sure no one is in your blind spot and get over. This is common sense people. Again, you're not using your signal to ask for permission, you are letting people know what you are going to do. If a douchebag decides to speed up and hit you when you're getting over, it's on them. If they speed up and block you, you aren't making your decisions quick enough...or completely judged your merge spot wrong.

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
You are so wrong there. If you turn on your signal and move into the other lane and you get hit by a car already in that lane, you are at fault. The signal is to let others know your intentions, but the lane needs to be clear to do so. Also, you are supposed to have plenty of space between you and the car in front/behind you so that the car behind shouldn't need to brake because of you entering their lane and you should not be tailgating. So, if there is that much space for you to "legally" fit in that lane, then why are you so upset about no turn signals?

If there is a 3 car gap in the lane you want, and you squeeze in, you have now forced two cars into a tailgating situation and not enough braking room. Since we don't live in this perfect driving utopia, and the driving distances are usually closer, using a turn signal to show your intentions to merge into the other lane are usually met with the car behind moving up because he was trying to maintain a safe distance and you are taking that away, causing a domino effect of people behind you needing to slow down.

Get it? Why it's so difficult for you to understand that not everyone will use their signal, and for good reasons, is beyond me!

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
BTW, this is a direct quote from the driver's ed website.

"When changing lanes, the most important thing is to wait until there is a clear gap in the traffic. Then move safely and smoothly into the center of the desired lane, while maintaining your space in the flow of traffic so that no other vehicle is forced to slow down, speed up, or change lanes to avoid collision."
Sponsored