Sponsored

Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

ohmy350

Threads
Reaction score
Wow. I know this type of driving is extremely dangerous, and I am not condoning it, but that person has some extreme talent.

Watch Isle of Mann TT racing sometime. Not quite as tight as this guy was riding but at much higher speeds. Over 200 MPH. I was kind of hoping that the end of this video was not going to go well for that rider, tbh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
He;s lucky no one opened their door to dump a coffee cup or something along those lines.
It is somewhat uncommon in Russia to eat or drink inside the car. Most of them are wondering why there are so many cup holders inside the car.
It's probably mostly in US you can see in the morning guys/girls eating burgers and drinking Starbucks while they drive :)

The most common scenario in Russia would be the road rage when somebody is not letting to pass :)

[ame]

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
It is somewhat uncommon in Russia to eat or drink inside the car. Most of them are wondering why there are so many cup holders inside the car.
It's probably mostly in US you can see in the morning guys/girls eating burgers and drinking Starbucks while they drive :)

The most common scenario in Russia would be the road rage when somebody is not letting to pass :)

Wow did you see those drop off's on the side of the road? Like a drain but with no covers on them. Now that's crazy.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
This still to the day is the craziest cam footage I've ever seen from Russia

Yea and another guy called ghost rider who is completely nuts. Anyone who rides like this should lose their license for life. [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]nNJT3hSRB8I[/MEDIA]"] [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]bD34afEfWzk[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yea and another guy called ghost rider who is completely nuts. Anyone who rides like this should lose their license for life.
Keep riding like that and they will "lose their life for life". Riding like that will sooner or later catch up with a disastrous outcome.

I like the disclosure statement at the beginning of the 2nd video ... these stunts were done in a controlled environment, don't try this at home. "Controlled environment" ... so they were controlling every driver on the public roads knowing what they were going to do? Ummm, yeah right. :lol:

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
Neither were scary for me. If I had to brake hard enough for my ABS to go off and maybe reach for the handbrake, then that would be one thing. More pissed off. My first Veloster had got hit 4 times in parking lots over the course of two months. One was so bad at the Brandon Mall that my reflector was on the floor. I didn't care so much because I knew I wasn't keeping that car long, I mean of course I was pissed but my mustang is different. It's my baby. I don't want any dings even if they can be buffed out. And I already have a ding in my fender that I don't know where it came from. I always park about 100 feet away from a building I'm entering.
Your handbrake will not stop you any sooner than ABS does. All it WILL ensure is that the rear end of the car locks up and you flat spot your tires. You are better off mashing the gas pedal in ABS then touching your parking brake because a rolling tire provides more grip than a sliding one. Worst case scenario, instead of hitting them with the nose of the car, you hit them with the side or rear. In other words, stay the hell off of your parking brake.

At the police academy we were taught to plan 4 seconds ahead in day time and be constantly watching the turning lanes and vehicles in them going onto your road. This serves a number of functions for LE work but it also works well to keep you attentive to the road. Double the time for bad weather or night time. We were also taught to avoid accidents if possible but if not possible move to mitigate the accident as much as possible. Rather than smacking into the side of the car, go for the front or rear. This splits the contact patches up better and reduces the energy transmitted to both vehicles.

As for your driving? Well, I concur with the other guy. Had you been looking far enough ahead and anticipating it, you wouldn't have been driving as fast as you were and would have been on the brakes sooner. If the area is as bad as you make it out to be, there is no reason to drive as fast as you were. Only drive as fast as you can process the information.

THAT said, if you guys want some good hands on at-the-limit car control lessons, find your local autocross group and start running with them. Speeds are low enough to be translatable to the road. It also teaches you to look ahead (and plan ahead), is cheap to do and is fun as hell. Can't tell you how many times it has saved my bacon while providing me with a good, constructive, hobby to waste money on! :)

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
As a Florida driver, I see so much aggressiveness and close-calls that it makes me paranoid to get behind the wheel most of the time. After my accident in February '15 (got my Stang afterwards), I got a Cobra CDR-840 dash cam because people here will lie through their teeth and say "you" were the one who caused the accident.

And as one who drives across the state almost every week (Palm Bay to Tampa), I have had a lot of close calls at night on State Route 60--- buck in the road that was just hit by a semi, old 80 inch projection TV standing in my lane, a couch that must have fell off someones truck, and a distracted driver coming up on me and fixing to rear end me at least going 90-100 MPH as I was doing the speed limit of 60.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... and a distracted driver coming up on me and fixing to rear end me at least going 90-100 MPH as I was doing the speed limit of 60.
Probably checking the cell phone doing a 100 MPH. Cell phones should be shoved up some driver's asses! :paddle:

Sponsored

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
Probably checking the cell phone doing a 100 MPH. Cell phones should be shoved up some driver's asses! :paddle:
It's sad we have to worry about driving our precious gems around town because some freaking soccer mom or utility driver has a phone glued to their ear, not realizing the consequences that their 4,000-6,000 pound vehicle can do to someone's property or even their life.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Wow. I know this type of driving is extremely dangerous, and I am not condoning it, but that person has some extreme talent.
Yah when you get to that last 2 mins, the stuff he is flying through is just beyond absurd.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yah when you get to that last 2 mins, the stuff he is flying through is just beyond absurd.
No doubt ... he must have been doing frickin' 70 MPH flying between stopped cars on the road. That guy is probably smoked by now.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My fiance's cousin will never be the same again, he was riding his motorcycle down the road and a car that was pulled to the side opened his door as he approached it and nailed into it. Brain damage.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Of course it's the driver, not the bike, that's making poor decisions.
Of course I agree with you - the rider is risking death over and over in that video.

The tough thing about riding a motorcycle is even if you make all the right decisions your life is still in the hands of all the drivers around you. That's why I sold my motorcycle. One too many close calls from someone who didn't see me and just pulled right out. It was a residential area and I was only going about 30 mph, but that's plenty fast enough to kill you. I'm old enough to realize that even if I lived through a motorcycle crash I would probably never completely heal.

Wasn't worth it to me.
Sponsored