Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
With the black on the window pillar it looks F'D up,much the black pillar on the Vette

GTsquid

Agreed too much black on the B pillar. That's thicker than when the pillar is visible. Otherwise really liking your revisions. It's much less plain looking.

OKCfan

Best one yet! Only thing I would change is the corners of the decklid are very boxy and squared. I'd like to see that rounded off like the bottom of the rear bumper.

Always enjoy following your updates here :headbang:

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
I wish I could find the quote, but I can't.
Someone who said they saw the car about 2 months back said the front was very EVOS like , but what really struck me is that they said that the back end was surprising very porsche-like. I can only guess that they meant 911 with some taper and pronounced hips. The 2010 refresh sort of started down this path (bumper taper), so it makes some sense. Its has to be more round and sculpted, maybe both laterally and vertically. Considering what we've heard about the rear end being the most striking feature, I think we're going to see a more radical departure and much more going on then trick scalloped lenses.

Sponsored

GTsquid

I wish I could find the quote, but I can't.
Someone who said they saw the car about 2 months back said the front was very EVOS like , but what really struck me is that they said that the back end was surprising very porsche-like. I can only guess that they meant 911 with some taper and pronounced hips. The 2010 refresh sort of started down this path (bumper taper), so it makes some sense. Its has to be more round and sculpted, maybe both laterally and vertically. Considering what we've heard about the rear end being the most striking feature, I think we're going to see a more radical departure and much more going on then trick scalloped lenses.
I have to agree. Also whats interesting is if you take a look at the 911 rear and the Vanquish they share some cues. Those really big hips and a somewhat teardrop glasshouse as it comes together before the rear deck. Also a much curvier rear. I think you put those louvered lights on something like this and it would be really stunning.

attachment.jpg

bigbear78

Threads
Reaction score
The rear is way to boxy looks like a 2003 monte carlo ss to me it has to have more curves to it

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Here's my hi res close up sweep of the hips.

Amazing :hail:

My only wish? I hope there's a lot less fender/wheel gap. No more 4x4 look. How about providing a lowered version on bigger wheels, Chaz? Is that do-able?

:)

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
^^^ Yes I'd like to see bigger wheels too.

I know we're going for as realistic as possible but let's face it a lot of us will have bigger wheels and lowered suspension.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Very Nice Chazcron! Although, I want to pause it and stare...

If you can put something like that together in a couple weeks, think how nice the real thing will look with years of design work done.

Can't wait!
How about for now I post the un-garishly watermarked image I made for Mustangs Daily?
RTRBrad.jpg

Sponsored

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
So the 3.5 second, full 30 frames per second, 720p movie is going to take 4 more hours. No more modeling til then. Here is the spy/render overlay I used to proportion the car. I have since shortened the windshield. It was a quick and dirty render, but a pretty good one. At least good enough to see the work I have done, the added hip, the reduced 3/4 window and good enough to tide everyone over until I post the movie. OK, I've also included a frame grab, unretouched
The doors are too high. I bet the padding is covering up to 2" from the real door top line.

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
I like the look of the built in duck spoiler. Much cleaner than the bolt on ones.

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
I'm sure everyone remembers reading this post from allfordmustang.com and/or jalopnik.com about the rear of the mustang:
There was three segments in each of the tail lights. (Traditional Mustang). Except each segment was louvered over the next. I reached in and grabbed one of the louvers. They are three dimensional and you can put your fingers inside the louvers (pretty deep). I had my fingers inside the louver and my thumb outside the louver and my palm was wrapped around the curved part. The outside of the louvers are rounded and have the appearance of the middle section of a plastic water bottle. The inside of the louvers are flat. The entire light is red, with no white at all.
These were probably the coolest tail lights I have ever seen.

This quote makes me think the rear may look a lot like the image below, very similar taillights to the 13/14', just maybe a little deeper and overlapping..... just a thought........

01_interior_fullsrceen.jpg

rear.jpg
Sponsored