Sponsored

Changed my mind from Race Red

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There are pros and cons to every colour, depending how you look at it.

Can look at it like every other car on the road is 'x' colour (white/black/grey)

Black is a nightmare to keep clean... My last car was black but I managed. Any enthusiast is going to be cleaning their car pretty regularly anyway. Unless you seal the thing up and never use it.

Red is the rental car in the USA (not too applicable in AUS)

Red is the most popular in Aus (what 4000 orders spread over the largest island (technically continent....its not the point)on earth) not bad considering there must be what 170,000 mustangs driving around the states. Thats only 4000 by the end of 2016 I might add. Most of those not daily drivers... relax these are not going to be everywhere like taxis.
Even if 70% of them were the one colour thats 2800 spread across Australia, not the end of the world. (I think the actual stat is around 40% so 1600 ish the same colour.)

I still havent seen a 2015 mustang on the roads here, and im on the lookout.

In the end its such a good looking car, its going to look good in any colour, its not going to look like anything else on the road regardless of colour.

Honestly, some of the best pics I have seen of the 2015/16 mustang are wraps anyway, even if you are unlucky enough (or lucky) to find you live in a street/suburb where 10 people have ordered a DIB mustang and you dont like that, there is always the wrap path, the matte silver looks amazing!
(Weekends would sound good on that street though)

11356682_830585883694838_255267879_n.jpg

supercharged-mustang-puts-down-646-rwhp-photo-gallery_6.jpg

If you want to be really different go pink haha, not my thing but it is still a good looking car!

pink.jpg
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I would definitely confirm in writing. I considered changing, emailed my dealer in August (No build date at that point ) and was told that it would most likely affect my place in the queue and they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't
I changed my colour 4 days before my car was assigned an NSC number and it had no effect on build date.

Bradek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT
I called in to Titan Ford - (i've been there so many times some staff think I'm employed there) and there was a ruby red GT in the workshop. Stunning colour and as I had one day left changed my order to Ruby Red from Race red.
Both are good but ruby red....is just amazing!:thumbsup:
Hi Chris, Do you mind me asking when you placed your original order?
Cheers

Mustang-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lahiru
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
After I ordered I was told that I had two weeks to make any changes, and after that no changes could be made :shrug:

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
May

Sponsored

Coyote4730

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0L Race Red - in August hopefully
I am also interested about sny problems with changing colours. I also ordered race red, sight unseen, but I am thinking of changing.

Really like how the Guard and Magnetic look.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
I would definitely confirm in writing. I considered changing, emailed my dealer in August (No build date at that point ) and was told that it would most likely affect my place in the queue and they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't
'The queue' not being a word Ford recognise mind you . . . It's like being at the counter of a lollie shop and everyone getting served ahead of you.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
'The queue' not being a word Ford recognise mind you . . . It's like being at the counter of a lollie shop and everyone getting served ahead of you.
Too true.:paddle:

Sponsored

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Saw a RR at the showroom today and to be frank it didnt pop out as much as I thought.
RR and CO were the 2 colours that I considered but ended up with TY.
Each to their own I guess.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Saw a RR at the showroom today and to be frank it didnt pop out as much as I thought.
Obviously the lighting sucked :D
Congrats on the yellow, it is also nice. They all are:cheers:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
All these colours look different in every shot. I have been a touch concerned that Race Red would be too orange-y. And also thought the Ruby too subdued, but it looks great in these photos. Also like it in this one:

Sweet, this is my car :cheers:
More pics - of all the colors - in my Albums if interested.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had a RR Focus ST and in nighttime light it did look orange, in bright sun it was eye searing red, I liked it alot.

Struggled for quite awhile over whether I should get another car the same color, in the end I went with CO. Now the CO has a reddish look in bright sun and orange orange in nighttime light. I am extremely happy with my choice.

Dave

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Here is a comparison shot of the bright colors from one of our meets even though it is overcast...note the Race Red and CO are not too far off...that is Ruby far left:
image.jpg
Sponsored