car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I called in to Titan Ford - (i've been there so many times some staff think I'm employed there) and there was a ruby red GT in the workshop. Stunning colour and as I had one day left changed my order to Ruby Red from Race red.
Both are good but ruby red....is just amazing!:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Polystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang - Race Red, Manual Fastback GT
I called in to Titan Ford - (i've been there so many times some staff think I'm employed there) and there was a ruby red GT in the workshop. Stunning colour and as I had one day left changed my order to Ruby Red from Race red.
Both are good but ruby red....is just amazing!:thumbsup:
I chose race red as I like the colour and the salesman at the time of order advised me it was very similar to a red Mondeo on the showroom floor. I still worry that I may not have chosen the right colour as we did not have actual cars to see prior to ordering and seeing a car in the flesh is different to pictures. I am pretty sure (???) I will be happy with the race red though.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I saw a race red GT before Christmas - also amazing - looks great.

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
We all have our doubts Polystang not having seen the cars in the flesh. I think I have another month and a bit to think about it (was told needed to firm up colour by early March).

I am technically replacing an old but restored ST184 Celica that is bright red. I don't drive it very often, but I imagine turning up somewhere and telling people who know the former car that I've been feeding it protein powder and supplements.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did this change bump you down the order list?
To each their own, I think the mustang looks pretty badass in all the colours its available in, cant go wrong.

Everyone seems to say the vehicle and or colours look better in person or that photos don't do it justice!

Sponsored

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
No just more cash - my car is going to be built in the next 3 weeks or so

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Wow... Didn't know they allowed color changes that late.

Remembered reading on here that another guy changed his color 6+ months before the estimated build and got pushed back.

My color had to be finalized in March.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Some pics
Last one is Race red
front (576x1024).jpg
pic1 (576x1024).jpg
pic2 (576x1024).jpg
pic4 (576x1024).jpg
race red (1024x576).jpg

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All these colours look different in every shot. I have been a touch concerned that Race Red would be too orange-y. And also thought the Ruby too subdued, but it looks great in these photos. Also like it in this one:

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
The colour really pops in the flesh - but I still would have been happy with race red.

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
My 2c on Race Red for anyone that cares.

- The majority of rental Mustangs and Camaros in Hawaii are Race Red. After a holiday in Hawaii driving around a Red Camaro and seeing all the Race Red Mustangs, we (wife and I) got completely turned off Race Red - it's the rental car colour.

- Given that the Race Red is the 'default' here in Australia, and also (I thought I read, but can't find a source) the most popular, I'd be worried about the same here.

That said, in Australia, the majority of cars are a shade of grey (white, black, silver)... so...

If you want to stand out from traffic in Australia, buy a red Mustang
If you want to stand out from Mustangs in Australia, do not buy red :)

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd probably have ordered Magnetic or Guard if everyone else wasn't driving something the same colour.

I always thought Fifty Shades of Grey was a book about Australian car colours until my wife told me otherwise.

Going to have a chat to said person tonight about colour ... again. There is a possibility that this might prove a boring topic, but we'll see.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
I'd probably have ordered Magnetic or Guard if everyone else wasn't driving something the same colour.

I always thought Fifty Shades of Grey was a book about Australian car colours until my wife told me otherwise.

Going to have a chat to said person tonight about colour ... again. There is a possibility that this might prove a boring topic, but we'll see.
I'm with [MENTION=14340]HybridGT[/MENTION] on this one, we all had to lock in colours very early so for the love of all things pony, please make sure this doesn't bump you back of the list otherwise you might not see your mustang this decade

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I'm with [MENTION=14340]HybridGT[/MENTION] on this one, we all had to lock in colours very early so for the love of all things pony, please make sure this doesn't bump you back of the list otherwise you might not see your mustang this decade
I would definitely confirm in writing. I considered changing, emailed my dealer in August (No build date at that point ) and was told that it would most likely affect my place in the queue and they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I would definitely confirm in writing. I considered changing, emailed my dealer in August (No build date at that point ) and was told that it would most likely affect my place in the queue and they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't
In b4 possible tears...

:popcorn:
Sponsored