Sponsored

CEL P2251

haritsingh6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys I have a check engine light with the error code P2251 on my nGauge. This is the 2nd time I have had this code. First time I replaced my front passenger o2 sensor and reset the code and everything was good. This time I did the same thing but the code comes back right away. Lund has told me to check the wiring harness, which I have yet to do. Anyone have any other ideas? Maybe a bad new o2 sensor? Also should mention that I am flex fuel tuned and on e85.

ZzY7pDn.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Hey guys I have a check engine light with the error code P2251 on my nGauge. This is the 2nd time I have had this code. First time I replaced my front passenger o2 sensor and reset the code and everything was good. This time I did the same thing but the code comes back right away. Lund has told me to check the wiring harness, which I have yet to do. Anyone have any other ideas? Maybe a bad new o2 sensor? Also should mention that I am flex fuel tuned and on e85.

ZzY7pDn.jpg
Interesting. I just got a P2254 code :frusty: I'm guessing P2251 is passengers side front O2, and P2254 is driver side front o2? I can't find this info anywhere.

OP
OP
haritsingh6

haritsingh6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah I believe so. I couldn't find that info either until I emailed Lund and they immediately said mine was front passenger.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Yeah I believe so. I couldn't find that info either until I emailed Lund and they immediately said mine was front passenger.
I did a search, and another member had the P2254 code. No one chimed in. Just emailed Lund; see what they say

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
You probably killed another o2 sensor. Has the temperature dropped where you are? Those longtubes combined with E85 means this will continue happening until you address the issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
haritsingh6

haritsingh6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You probably killed another o2 sensor. Has the temperature dropped where you are? Those longtubes combined with E85 means this will continue happening until you address the issue.
Yeah its in the 20's here now. I did replace the o2 but the code is still not going away.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah its in the 20's here now. I did replace the o2 but the code is still not going away.
You probably killed the new o2. Again this will keep happening until you fix the o2 placement.

OP
OP
haritsingh6

haritsingh6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You probably killed the new o2. Again this will keep happening until you fix the o2 placement.

Right but my question is do you think it killed it right away? Cause I put in a brand new sensor but it didn't do anything. Last time it took about 2 months to kill it

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's very possible it killed it immediately. As temps drop more moisture is being introduced into the exhaust system. That will crack the porcelain on the sensor. Is this th case for you? Maybe, maybe not. But it is possible.

OP
OP
haritsingh6

haritsingh6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Would you recommend to just stop using e85 in the winter?

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't use it where I am and maybe you shouldn't either. But I would get more feedback than just what I'm saying. Maybe start a poll in the 5.0 section.
Sponsored