Sponsored

Catch Can Options

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
They all are pretty good, you want to get one though, my can is almost full at about 4600 miles, that's a lot of oil haha.
Sponsored

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
They all are pretty good, you want to get one though, my can is almost full at about 4600 miles, that's a lot of oil haha.
Will definitely be ordered one. I had one on my 2011 Camaro and was amazed how much oil the catch can would catch between oil changes.

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Planning to order Bob's and put it on before I drive mine off the lot.

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
I just ordered the UPR P&P.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
That does look nice. From the pictures, it looks like the input is lower on the can with the output up top. I can see where that would be an excellent design since it seems like better utilize gravity to get the oil out of the air. However, I keep seeing people comment that their cans get 1/3 full at oil change time. Bob's doesn't look like it can hold very much before it starts to get up to the level of the input hose. Also, I don't see anywhere that tells how to empty it. It seems like it might be harder to empty.

OP
OP

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running Bob's.
I see now on their site where Bob's is emptied via a valve on the bottom. That seems like a pain in the ass to me as opposed the other designs where you just twist off the bottom of the canister. How do you empty yours?

OP
OP

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
I see now on their site where Bob's is emptied via a valve on the bottom. That seems like a pain in the ass to me as opposed the other designs where you just twist off the bottom of the canister. How do you empty yours?
The valve on bottom really is a pain. Had a catch can with valve on bottom on my Camaro and had sold it and got one that twisted apart. Much cleaner and easier to empty.

Sponsored

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Hrm, hadn't actually thought of the difficulty of draining with the valve. May have to look at UPR again.

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
The valve on bottom really is a pain. Had a catch can with valve on bottom on my Camaro and had sold it and got one that twisted apart. Much cleaner and easier to empty.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Any reason they offer multiple colors? Will be getting a UPR but can't seem to decide on satin, polished or black! Any suggestions for a black 15?

OP
OP

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any reason they offer multiple colors? Will be getting a UPR but can't seem to decide on satin, polished or black! Any suggestions for a black 15?
I wondered the same thing. I like the idea of a black catch can, and that's what I'm almost certainly going to order. Two key reasons. One, I'm not a huge fan of showy kind of stuff under the hood. To much shinny stuff isn't for me. IMO Two, I can't see anyway that it wouldn't get a little dirty and some oil on it. I think if I got the satin it would never be 100% clean and that would bug me. Black on the other hand can have a little dirt or oil and it without looking crappy.

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic