Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.0T Premium Package
:eyebulge:Ok, so I'm still learning /new to all this. So these are my mods engine wise .
MAP Intercooler, JLT CAI, MAP Downpipe, Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow Off Valve, Mishimoto Charge Pipes..
So I was adjusting my BOV last night because I am not building no boost what so ever, I was testing it out most psi I got was 5.2. buddy of mine told me I should be around 19psi ? I don't assume I have a leak since pipes are clamped with T-Bolt clamps...
Any advice?? :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
If you have no boost at all, you have a massive leak. check your BOV to make sure its hooked up to a correct source, go over all of your connections again. not sure if your BOV has an o-ring on the mounting face but if it does double check that its still there and that you didn't mount the BOV itself cockeyed. worst comes to worst and you cant find anything, get it smoke tested.

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
You have all those mods and no tune!? If everything is tight and there's no leaks like you say, your car might be going into limp mode since there's no tune. Your 02 sensors are reading rich as fuck with a straight downpipe and since you don't have your ecu calibrated to let it know what's going on, it might just be cutting boost by opening the wastegate to make it safe since its way out of spec from what the ecu would think what's going on. It's been said here a lot, if you have a downpipe you need to have a tune.

Also your car description says you have a 2.0T, maybe that's your problem. You drop a ST motor in haha? We have a 2.3 liter brother.

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
You have all those mods and no tune!? If everything is tight and there's no leaks like you say, your car might be going into limp mode since there's no tune. Your 02 sensors are reading rich as fuck with a straight downpipe and since you don't have your ecu calibrated to let it know what's going on, it might just be cutting boost by opening the wastegate to make it safe since its way out of spec from what the ecu would think what's going on. It's been said here a lot, if you have a downpipe you need to have a tune.

Also your car description says you have a 2.0T, maybe that's your problem. You drop a ST motor in haha? We have a 2.3 liter brother.
oh wow, I didn't even notice he left out a tuner.. I would imagine that could definitely do it as well hahah

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
:eyebulge:Ok, so I'm still learning /new to all this. So these are my mods engine wise .
MAP Intercooler, JLT CAI, MAP Downpipe, Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow Off Valve, Mishimoto Charge Pipes..
So I was adjusting my BOV last night because I am not building no boost what so ever, I was testing it out most psi I got was 5.2. buddy of mine told me I should be around 19psi ? I don't assume I have a leak since pipes are clamped with T-Bolt clamps and silicone hoses.

Any advice?? :thumbsup:

I don't think the mishi charge pipes are silicone by the way....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Santos_S550

Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Im currently running Cobb Stage 3 for my tune..
I left out I have a Cobb Accessport lol my bad

I'll be hitting up Adam for a custom tune soon..

Charge pipes are Aluminum
couplers are silicone ..

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Install any parts prior to this happening?
Do you hear the turbo spooling or a loud whooooooosh while accelerating? might be the bov is open and venting.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
How did you install the BOV? I'd check all of the connections once again just to ensure something didn't work loose. If everything is tight and installed properly, reset the ECU and KAM then update us with the results.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Santos_S550

Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the suggestions, Im fixing to go over the initial install of the BOV today and check all my charge pipes. will fill you guys in if problem is fixed or not

Sponsored
OP
OP
Santos_S550

Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
update.. got home and retraced my steps of the installation looks good .. then check the charge pipes.. bingo hot side charge pipe coupler was actually popping out couldn't see it unless your under the car but reached down and manage to get everything tighten up.. PSI, went from 4.9 to 13.2psi.. I/m assuming its either the cobb stage 3 tune not giving me that rest of the psi im missing or I need to adjust the blow off valve..

? how tight can you tighten the blow off valve?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
update.. got home and retraced my steps of the installation looks good .. then check the charge pipes.. bingo hot side charge pipe coupler was actually popping out couldn't see it unless your under the car but reached down and manage to get everything tighten up.. PSI, went from 4.9 to 13.2psi.. I/m assuming its either the cobb stage 3 tune not giving me that rest of the psi im missing or I need to adjust the blow off valve..

I'm running the stage 3 and my boost is way above 13psi

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost

I believe its the same as the other turbosmart's so just physically turn the body of the bov clockwise to tighten the spring. the adjustment shouldnt be the issue though unless its completely loose. I would tighten the bolt for the vacuum source on the top of the BOV, make sure the bov it tightened all the way to the charge pipe, check for small rips in the silicone couplers/they are all fully seated. make sure you are checking your boost by doing a WOT pull when actually driving and not just reving it in neutral.

OP
OP
Santos_S550

Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to have to try this as well because I manage to hit 20psi the other day had no hissing sound coming from my engine. now there is one coming from the right now this shit is frustrating as hell lol...

Last edited:

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm going to have to try this as well because I manage to hit 20psi the other day had no hissing sound coming from my engine. now there is one coming from the right now this shit is frustrating as hell lol...
Doesn't Houston have a huge S550 club? Try find someone to take a look at it if you still having issues
Sponsored