Sponsored

Car just got smashed at the shop, need help please

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I wonder if your car was the tow truck drivers car and someone else did that damage if he would be happy with a bondo job? I doubt it.
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I would strongly recommend that you report this to your insurance and let them deal with it. Clearly, given the offer and method of repair, I would not let that place touch it. For reference, our 2015 Rogue got rear ended earlier in the year. Rear bumper cover and some brackets underneath, some of the foam underneath, cat back exhaust (it was bent) and requisite paint...total ~CDN$3800.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What everyone else said. No damn way you can fix that with Bondo and make it look original.
Police report and go through insurance. Take your car far away from this bad place.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
That quarter is definitely going to need to be sectioned in. Call your insurance, they have already admitted fault so they will waive your deductible, you can file through your own policy and they will subrogate against the tow company. You should also look into persuing diminished value against the other parties insurance.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
You need to make a claim through your insurer. They will make sure it's gets dome right. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the body shop. Anyway I do not see it as the body shops problem, the tow truck is the one that hit you......

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Also, you do not want someone who qouted you 2200 to fix that doing anything resembling an all over paint job. To do it correctly involves detriming the car and they are likely going to just mask and create hard tape lines and overspray

americanv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
/
Get police and insurance involved. Have the police come to make the report while it is still there, don't drive or do anything just yet. Just looking at the pictures it's obvious it will be much more than 2200. Bondo? Are you kidding me. Also, your previous post suggests the shop has already done some work without your authorization to cover this up. Make sure the police and insurance are aware of this and it is noted. Finally, find a reputable shop to handle the repair.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
OP I would add that if you read the terms of your insurance policy you may find it says something like you must report any and all accidents? Hard to say though. They don't want folks doing deals on the side to fix cars in part because it could make the car unsafe. They may insist a car be repaired to all safety standards etc. from my experience with a minor fender bender a few years ago. Especially since they are covering you after that too.

bullitt2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Green
My car was also hit while parked at a dealership in Canada. I immediately opened an insurance claim (as did the driver who hit it) and went to a repair shop of my choosing (not the one the dealership where it was hit recommended). For reference, I've attached the photo of the minor damage on my vehicle. They didn't have to replace anything, only uninstall the rear bumper and repaint and then polish the wheel. That alone came to $1900 total so, as others have said, I'd caution that yours will be much more than $2200. I'm very happy that I did not listen to the dealership and submitted an insurance claim. The bodyshop I took it to did an excellent job and there is no sign it was ever hit now.

Best of luck! Sorry that happened to you!
cardamage.jpg

Sponsored

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
police and paperwork out the ass so you can take it wherever you want.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Never, never, never negotiate with the party that damaged your car or with their insurance company.

Deal only through YOUR insurance company.

Yep, I don’t even talk to them, I refuse to associate with the other party even if I’m at fault. Hate to say it’ but it’s just best to let insurance handle it

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Why is everyone saying he should file with his insurance? Why wouldn't he get the tow company's or drivers insurance and file a claim with them? It's their fault their insurance should be the one covering it.

I do agree to go elsewhere and have a qualified body shop repair it properly. It was mentioned the body shop it was at was student workers. Makes me wonder about the quality of the work that was already in the process of being done

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I can only echo what the others have said; file a police report, file a claim on the tow truck and/or body shop insurance and then take it to the body shop that you want it to go to.

Don’t let them sweet talk you...you’ll regret it for as long as you own the car because I’m sure the repairs will be shoddy.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Why is everyone saying he should file with his insurance? Why wouldn't he get the tow company's or drivers insurance and file a claim with them? It's their fault their insurance should be the one covering it.

I do agree to go elsewhere and have a qualified body shop repair it properly. It was mentioned the body shop it was at was student workers. Makes me wonder about the quality of the work that was already in the process of being done
Dealing with a commercial insurance company can be a head ache. It can be avoided at no cost to him by utilizing his own provider and letting them hash it out with the adverse carrier. Take advantage of what you pay for insurance, its more than repairs, its representation.
Sponsored