Capitol Ford / DGDG

zillks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang Ecoboost
I am curious if anyone has has any experience with specifically Capitol Ford, or even DGDG in south San Jose.

Was the experience good, bad, painless, etc.? Anything you wish you would have done/known beforehand?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I helped a relative lease a Mazda through DGDG. It was pretty painless overall with only mild pressure to "invest" in pre-paid maintenance. He's since moved out of the area, so I can't comment on the service department.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
Capital Ford is one of the two dealerships that I filed a formal complaint against with Ford earlier this year.

They werent quite as bad as Sunnyvale Ford, but damn close.

Both issues stem from the dealer offering to do a dealer-transfer for me for the model I wanted that happened to be at a different dealership.

Sunnyvale Ford actually took a $500 deposit from me and then 5 days later called me and said they didn't actually have the car and couldn't get it either. No apologies, just tried to push me into some shitty model/color that I didnt want. Horrible management, etc.

With Capitol Ford, it was a similar situation only when they told me they found the car, I asked if I needed to put a deposit down to secure it bc I didnt want to get fucked over again (I explained the entire situation to them that I experienced with SV Ford), and was told no its fine they will call me as soon as it gets in.

Needless to say 4-5 days go by and they also didn't deliver on their promise and in fact when they FINALLY "found" the car that was supposedly on its way to their dealership, it was actually at a dealership a couple hours away. I called that dealership immediately and someone was writing up deal paperwork that exact minute. I was absolutely fuming. The whole fiasco with both dealerships cost me about a month of my time anxiously awaiting a car that was supposed to be on its way but never actually was.

Last edited:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
check out fremont ford or livermore ford...my buddy nick Whitemare will help you out

OP
OP

zillks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks for the replys; was hoping to see more positive ones though lol

check out fremont ford or livermore ford...my buddy nick Whitemare will help you out

Thanks, but I already ordered through capitol ford :)

Sponsored

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
Well some solid advice for the future would be that it is better to ask questions like these before you make a commitment to a dealer. And for anyone else reading this thread from the area I second Fremont Ford, they have great customer service.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
I second fremont ford, worth the drive.

I don't know if it's amazing management keeping that place in check or just the luck of having a well sorted staff in general, but they seem to have it going on.

They had plenty of s550 inventory, and a diverse inventory, not just fully loaded examples. They were no strangers to the x and even z plans, and the only pushy offerings I got were during finance as to be expected, just doing their job.

I can say that I am honestly looking forward to coming back for my first oil change, and I think that says more than enough.

Now if they can put a new gt40 in the showroom when it is available so I can drool in person, I'll be stopping in just to sip coffee and hang out. They should do it, there's enough Silicon Valley ballers around, someone will surely snatch it up before long.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Appreciate it Rio!

I'm at Livermore Ford. I've sold to several people here on M6G.

I help people every day get into new Mustangs! Hell, today I helped my buddy @SideShowTone get a new 2016 Explorer Sport for his mom.

X Plan, Z Plan, is all fine with me! I can even get you better than X generally now.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I bought my S550 from Capitol Ford. The salesman, Cody Elemen was a great help.

At the time, these were my options:
Fremont Ford/ Sunnyvale Ford - Had no PP cars so I didn't bother
Frontier Ford - Had PP cars but all had the subwoofer and memory seats package (which I didn't want).
Ford Store Morgan Hill- Told me right from the get-go they won't go lower than $450 above invoice

Cody at Capitol offered to order or help me find the exact car that I wanted for a few hundred below invoice + whatever rebates were going on at the time. It was the best deal I could find after plenty of research and playing hard ball with Frontier Ford. I ended up with a dealer trade from the Fresno area, and got very very close to the exact car I wanted.
Sponsored