Calling all OCD'ers, this makes me SICK. Need input

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Ya touch up will blend well if done correctly. When i did my scratch repairs you want to lightly sand to even it out and then apply the touch up paint. let it dry and then wet sand it stepping down to a 3000 grit then compound and polish back to normal. It will never look perfect this way but it will defiantly blend well enough to not be as noticeable. Since it looks like it hit a body line though id be very careful with the sanding.
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
So, I picked up 2 scratches over the weekend to my garage queen...makes me absolutely SICK.:doh: These are the first 2 imperfections I have on my Mustang. They're located on the rear plastic bumper. Wanted to see your thoughts on how to repair them as I have a couple of options. First, I should note that I JUST had the car detailed and finished with ceramic coating.

Option #1) Wetsand affected area and use touchup paint to cover. I don't have a whole lot of experience with wetsanding and the thought of it kinda freaks me out.

Option #2) Touchup with paint but no wetsanding. Use a toothpick to apply a little at a time.

Option #3) Take to a bodyshop and get an estimate. I 100% do not want paint work done to the car. No resprays or anything like that.

Option #4) Leave as is and just deal with it. If this were the case, I wouldn't be posting this.

At any rate, if I do any kind of compounding or polishing to the bumper, my detailer told me that we would need to polish off the existing ceramic coating on the entire bumper and redo.

Thoughts?
So every time you get a nick and scratch this is how you react. You're gonna be dead inside of 6 months.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Start with 3000 and work your way to 5000, by then if the scratch isnt gone you need paint
Sponsored