Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I thought it had blue wheels too? I like the stripes and the blue in the grill
All the other pictures I've seen do. It might forgo those if you mix with PP1 or it might just not be visible in that light.
Edit: I think dstanky nailed it above.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
All the other pictures I've seen do. It might forgo those if you mix with PP1 or it might just not be visible in that light.
I like it better without the blue wheels. That was one part of the CS package I did not care for

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I suppose I should clarify beyond just barf. Not a fan of the blue wheels, I don't really like the dark blue highlights in the grill on the bright blue car and of course I really don't like the black-out portion of the bumper. Other than that I think I've grown to accept the S650 as an alright looking car, it just isn't an improvement on the S550. We won't discuss the tacked-on looking dash screen. I understand the irony too that I have a Rapid Red CS with Race Red highlights but somehow that doesn't look disjointed to me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I suppose I should clarify beyond just barf. Not a fan of the blue wheels, I don't really like the dark blue highlights in the grill on the bright blue car and of course I really don't like the black-out portion of the bumper. Other than that I think I've grown to accept the S650 as an alright looking car, it just isn't an improvement on the S550. We won't discuss the tacked-on looking dash screen. I understand the irony too that I have a Rapid Red CS with Race Red highlights but somehow that doesn't look disjointed to me.
Overall I like S650, but I’m with you, it’s not really a major improvement over S550. Premium screen setup I could live with, the base two screen setup would annoy me after an hour.

If I had an S197 or no Mustang and wanted to get into a new one, I’d buy a premium S650 GT with no regrets. I am not at the point where I’d trade my S550 for one though

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Overall I like S650, but I’m with you, it’s not really a major improvement over S550. Premium screen setup I could live with, the base two screen setup would annoy me after an hour.

If I had an S197 or no Mustang and wanted to get into a new one, I’d buy a premium S650 GT with no regrets. I am not at the point where I’d trade my S550 for one though
Agreed, I think that's about where I've landed on them as well. Even the premium screen isn't my favorite design but it's livable and it's positively offset by the fact that they got rid of most of the chrome.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agreed, I think that's about where I've landed on them as well. Even the premium screen isn't my favorite design but it's livable and it's positively offset by the fact that they got rid of most of the chrome.
Yes to the chrome delete! Finally…

I’ve seen a couple bronze package cars at my local dealers. It’s sharp on Oxford White and on Shadow Black. Would’ve been a cool option for S550 owners that picked Eruption Green as well as the two previously mentioned colors (and some others as well)

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Yes to the chrome delete! Finally…

I’ve seen a couple bronze package cars at my local dealers. It’s sharp on Oxford White and on Shadow Black. Would’ve been a cool option for S550 owners that picked Eruption Green as well as the two previously mentioned colors (and some others as well)
Is the Grabber Blue Metallic on the S650 the same as your 2022?
I strangely liked the 2017 gloss style Grabber Blue but honestly I have not seen up close the metallic GB on the newer cars.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Is the Grabber Blue Metallic on the S650 the same as your 2022?
I strangely liked the 2017 gloss style Grabber Blue but honestly I have not seen up close the metallic GB on the newer cars.
Yes, it’s the same as my 2022. It’s hard to see the metallic in the paint until you’re up close on the car and the light or sun hits it right. Then you can see a bunch of flake, very small though.

The color used in 2017 is not any different, just missing the metallic component. I think my color shifts a little more than the 17’s (and 13’s) do because of the flake but I don’t really know if that’s the case for sure

IMG_1189.jpeg

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
The S550 CS models have a certain powerfully understated style that the S650 lacks. I also don't like the blue wheels and grille accents. They missed the boat I think. I think that the blue bias for the S650s in general is a flop. And how can you call it a CS without side scoops?

Ok. Rant over. :)