Sponsored

Buying blower kit vs individually

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Anyone have any experience buying what is in a typical i.e. VMP beefcake kit piece by piece? Is the cost difference something worth pursuing?
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Nope

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
No way it's cheaper. I didn't have all the cash, so I bought mine through lethalperformance.com using Affirm. I would have gone Beefcake but they don't use Affirm.

I got a Stage 2 Procharger with D1 head unit for $6k on the head.
Then I got ID1000 injectors for $700 new
I got a VMS BAP for $150 used.
Lund custom tune for $400, already had Ngauge with their 93 tune.

$7250, financed $6k, should make 700whp+

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Beefcake's kits can't be beaten.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Yep, beefcake is very competitive with his pricing. Beat all the other forum vendors by a decent margin when I recently purchased my Procharger kit in January.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
No way it's cheaper. I didn't have all the cash, so I bought mine through lethalperformance.com using Affirm. I would have gone Beefcake but they don't use Affirm.

I got a Stage 2 Procharger with D1 head unit for $6k on the head.
Then I got ID1000 injectors for $700 new
I got a VMS BAP for $150 used.
Lund custom tune for $400, already had Ngauge with their 93 tune.

$7250, financed $6k, should make 700whp+
Ouch man, I got my whole stage 2 kit with d1sc, jms p&p bap, id1000, race valve and 170 therm for what you paid piecing it together from lethal during one of their sales. That's including the retune from Lund as well.

Wait for the sales folks! Then don't be shy about asking for a bit more. Beefcake and Lethal are not trying to rip anyone's face off. Don't believe me price AM then either of those two and feel good about your purchase :)

OP
OP
Guard 5.0

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ouch man, I got my whole stage 2 kit with d1sc, jms p&p bap, id1000, race valve and 170 therm for what you paid piecing it together from lethal during one of their sales. That's including the retune from Lund as well.

Wait for the sales folks! Then don't be shy about asking for a bit more. Beefcake and Lethal are not trying to rip anyone's face off. Don't believe me price AM then either of those two and feel good about your purchase :)
Interesting. Guess I should lurk until thanksgiving and see where prices are at.

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Beefcake has always been the best vendor for pricing. You can try Black Friday sales as well. I bought a used blower kit for pennies on the dollar compared to new pricing. Brand new headunit and injectors. Got everything checked before hand. Installed on the car and made great power. You can always look for a lightly used kit as well

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thanks for the kind words guys

as far as piecing seperate, i see guys start out this route without researching all the time, "got a great deal on a head unit" , but buying parts individually can get pretty pricey.

the paxton / vortech is probably the most reasonable, if you found a head unit, but with what we normally do those packages for , your bout the same money and piece of mind of a new head unit

OP
OP
Guard 5.0

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
thanks for the kind words guys

as far as piecing seperate, i see guys start out this route without researching all the time, "got a great deal on a head unit" , but buying parts individually can get pretty pricey.

the paxton / vortech is probably the most reasonable, if you found a head unit, but with what we normally do those packages for , your bout the same money and piece of mind of a new head unit
Sweet! Thanks beefcake. Definitely gonna go with you guys when I pull the trigger... just need to pick which one...

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
DOB is a good way to pick up some at a time.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Sweet! Thanks beefcake. Definitely gonna go with you guys when I pull the trigger... just need to pick which one...
:)
Sponsored