Bullitt, Mach 1, R Spec

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red 5.0 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm having a tough time deciding between the above 3 vehicles - help me decide!

Coming from a 2019 GT, and it's being sold this coming week so I've been looking around at these 3 contenders.

It will only be a road car for weekend / fun use. It will never see track time. I've been reading and watching all the reviews out there and I'm pretty much in a dead heat between all 3.

The unique sound of the Mach 1 and Bullitt weigh heavily in their favour, however the R Spec supercharger... well that speaks for itself!

Help me decide!!!

Cheers
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is the Mach 1 a 6 speed manual? If so, that should be the newest version of a manual transmission (possibly better than the MT82-D4 that the Bullitt has. Then again, if you never intend on doing any track duty, either transmission should serve you well. I like that Bullitt tho, lol. Why, because I have one and I’m biased, jk. The supercharged Mustang may or may not have been beaten on pretty good, so be cautious.

muse your eyes, ears and nose to weed out any potential problems or pick up on signs of neglect, such as, if the coolant, engine oil, brake fluid and tranny fluid dirty and in need of changing, this should throw up a flag. How about tires, are they overdue or close to needing to be replaced? Those things may not be deal breakers, but they can be used as bargaining chips for better pricing. Good luck on your decision.

OP
OP
The_Don_72

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Yes manual, as I'm only looking at manual cars. And they would all have little mileage on them, like around 5k - 10k km.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well, to me this is a "no brainer"...the Bullitt would be my choice (and was) due to it's unique appearance and significance in the Mustang heritage....that being said, it is also as close to a "steeper" as you will get in a Mustang, and mine is, thank you Steeda.
20230801_144320.jpg

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I've never been a fan of the Bullitt wheels or color choices, and it also has the inferior transmission. Also, I forget, did the Bullitt come standard with Magneride like the Mach 1?

I don't know much about the R-spec, but the Bullitt would be easy for me to to rule out... I guess unless it was significantly cheaper.

EDIT: I would also add, if you're not planning on going to a track of any kind, a supercharger is kind of silly. The nearly-500 hp you get from the Mach 1/Bullitt is already pushing what is usable on the street.

Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
'Litt 👍

Was never a fan of all the Mach 1 sticker/ striping overload.

Based on your self described driving style is, I'd say that the 480hp Bullitt w/its touring friendly trans ratios, will serve you well.

The cars aero is battle tested to ~160mph w/o the need of a rear spoiler. Another feature that lends to its clean appearance.
If you need a buncha badges & trinkets, than it may not be for you.

As suggested in above posts, take all the typical inspection precautions on any used vehicle you do not already know the history of.

Any of the 3 vehs you're considering are great cars.
On occasion I still miss our Bullitt, thus why we are clearly bias. 😏

Let us know what ya decide. The S550 is a great platform in any model.

20200625_181509.jpg

OP
OP
The_Don_72

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
EDIT: I would also add, if you're not planning on going to a track of any kind, a supercharger is kind of silly. The nearly-500 hp you get from the Mach 1/Bullitt is already pushing what is usable on the street.
Not all driving is about top speed :wink:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Hands down the Mach 1 over the Bullitt just for the Tremec alone(I had a MT82 before). Ford did an outstanding job on the Mach 1 imo, I get tons of compliments. But either way you will not be disappointed with all 3 options.

IMG_1943.JPEG

OP
OP
The_Don_72

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Hands down the Mach 1 over the Bullitt just for the Tremec alone(I had a MT82 before). Ford did an outstanding job on the Mach 1 imo, I get tons of compliments. But either way you will not be disappointed with all 3 options.

IMG_1943.JPEG
That's a stunning car mate. I think I'm going to narrow it down to Bullitt or Mach 1. I can get a good low km Bullitt for around $85 - $90k AUD and about $100k for Mach 1. But if I did get the Mach 1 it would have to be in JFG for sure.

There's a nice blue one not far away from me, but I just can't get into the blue colour.

Sponsored

shobotan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RSPEC Mustang
As a current R-SPEC owner, I believe these cars are very easy to drive. I've used mine as a daily near on 4 years in most weather conditions. It feels very OEM like with regard to the driving experience. It is more of a street car set up than for track.
Mine is unmodified and I've not had any issues with the supercharger system, or the car in general other than some minor issues that could affect any Mustang, and Ford were quick to resolve them. If an owner chooses to modify the S/C set up there is quite a scope for this to get more HP out of it. I will echo the comments that neither of the 3 are a bad choice.

OP
OP
The_Don_72

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
As a current R-SPEC owner, I believe these cars are very easy to drive. I've used mine as a daily near on 4 years in most weather conditions. It feels very OEM like with regard to the driving experience. It is more of a street car set up than for track.
Mine is unmodified and I've not had any issues with the supercharger system, or the car in general other than some minor issues that could affect any Mustang, and Ford were quick to resolve them. If an owner chooses to modify the S/C set up there is quite a scope for this to get more HP out of it. I will echo the comments that neither of the 3 are a bad choice.
Can I ask why you got an R Spec as a daily as opposed to a regular GT or Bullitt etc?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not all driving is about top speed :wink:
I feel like if anything, you're supporting my point, heh. If you mean it's about the fun while you accelerate up to to speed, I mean yeah, but you can accelerate at WOT in a supercharged V8 (with traction) for maybe a couple seconds before you're in prison territory, and from below like 30 mph, you'll never have enough traction on the street to enjoy it properly, anyway.

Just my $0.02, I know everybody gets enjoyment from their cars for different reasons. But given all he's told us, I don't think he seems like someone who really can benefit from that much power outside of bragging rights.

Also, FWIW, you won't touch the R-Spec's top speed even at a race track (unless maybe it's a boring oval).

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also I just realized I was talking about you in third person @The_Don_72 lol 😅

I coulda sworn I remembered the OP (you) having a different username...

OP
OP
The_Don_72

The_Don_72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Also I just realized I was talking about you in third person @The_Don_72 lol 😅

I coulda sworn I remembered the OP (you) having a different username...
Haha, I know, I didn't want to come off as a dick and point that out. Just rolling with it baby!

But you do make a good point :thumbsup:
Sponsored